Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Belichick breaks down Lamar and our offense

Re: Belichick breaks down Lamar and our offense

He gives a lot more information here then he does in the press conferences lol

So now you are an opposing coach breaking down this film......what do you say to your defense? If you are an opposing team and in team meetings and watching this and the coach says.....here is what we are going to do differently then the Seahawks and Patriots to stop this guy #8.

Notice the sneaky little shot BB takes at our offense by calling LJ "RB#2" and the scheme a "high school power play"...not only is it important for it's distain, but it also tells you how he will defend this next time. LA Chargers scheme is coming and he will roll the dice that we can't run over them again. We need more targets worked in other than Andrews and Brown in the passing game over the next set of games. I hope Roberts and Boykin step it up...BB is making us pass next time.

There's a lot of disdain for Lamar. Just think, for years coaches like Belichick never gave QB's like Lamar a shot and said that style of football wouldn't work in the NFL...blah blah blah. This is why you keep having people alluding to his getting injured really to justify their bias against his style of play. When the reality is, you have just as much of a chance getting injured in the pocket as you do outside of the pocket. How many times have we seen a statue QB get damn near murdered on a blindside sack? Plenty of times right? It's stupid and really boils down to, "this is how we THINK QBs should play because this is how it's always been done."

Now is Lamar's style sustainable for 10 years? I don't think so. Is it sustainable for 3-5 seasons and good enough for a couple trips to the SB? I think so if it can't be stopped. Belichick is just mad that his defenses have historically played poorly against these types of QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination View Post
    There's a lot of disdain for Lamar. Just think, for years coaches like Belichick never gave QB's like Lamar a shot and said that style of football wouldn't work in the NFL...blah blah blah. This is why you keep having people alluding to his getting injured really to justify their bias against his style of play. When the reality is, you have just as much of a chance getting injured in the pocket as you do outside of the pocket. How many times have we seen a statue QB get damn near murdered on a blindside sack? Plenty of times right? It's stupid and really boils down to, "this is how we THINK QBs should play because this is how it's always been done."

Now is Lamar's style sustainable for 10 years? I don't think so. Is it sustainable for 3-5 seasons and good enough for a couple trips to the SB? I think so if it can't be stopped. Belichick is just mad that his defenses have historically played poorly against these types of QBs.
    I don't think enough credit is given to Lamar's football IQ which is really high. Let folks continue to minimize his football IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSerg View Post
    Notice the sneaky little shot BB takes at our offense by calling LJ "RB#2" and the scheme a "high school power play"...not only is it important for it's distain, but it also tells you how he will defend this next time. LA Chargers scheme is coming and he will roll the dice that we can't run over them again. We need more targets worked in other than Andrews and Brown in the passing game over the next set of games. I hope Roberts and Boykin step it up...BB is making us pass next time.
    Boyle had the most targets in the Pats game.

I feel confident that unlike Marty M, GRome will have a different gameplan for the Patriots.

I'm not so sure. I do understand what you are saying, and Belicheat HAS to try something different.
    But this offense is NOT what it was during the second half of last season, nor do we have an OC who won't adjust during a game (Charger playoff game). Nor is Lamar the same 21 year old rookie who had no rapport with his receivers.
    Roman is evolving this offense.
    It is still morphing and growing, every week.
    Plus the players are getting better at what they do, every week.
    The precision of all the movement and angle blocking, as well as, all the players realizing they just need to maintain their blocks as long as possible, where ever the defender wants to go...is unstoppable.
    Our runningbacks are finding the holes.
    Lamar finds the tiniest of space between defenders and is gone in a split second, turns a normal sack, into a first down.
    In the end, players have to tackle all of our weapons.
    Very difficult to be big and tough enough to tackle Ingram, Edwards, and Boyle, and yet have enough speed to grab and tackle someone with such speed and quickness as Lamar, Hollywood, and even Hill...not to mention Boykin.
    If anyone figures out how to catch Lamar...Hollywood and Boykin WILL get behind them and make plays.
    It's all coming...give this young offense time to gel further.
    The best is coming.
    More and more games will eventually look like the Miami game as these players on offense continue to build their chemistry, refine their execution, and add more plays from the playbook into games.
    They are building and growing together. Remember how young all theses guys are.
    One last thought...how can any opposing coach scheme against plays the Ravens haven't even run in a game yet???
    Remember the QB power play against Seattle? Where had anyone seen that before?
    Our Raven puppies just ran over the Pats and Seahawks.
    Our offense is getting better every week...and our defense is feeding off of it.
    It's time to change the saying, In Ozzie we trust...to...In Roman we trust.
    Last edited by Ravens44; 11-08-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Blog Entries

I don't think any team can match up well against the LJ8 offense as it stood last Sunday night. But keep in mind the wild cards: injuries & turnovers. Not a lot to be done about turnovers - a couple of fluke bounces & the Bungles will be right there on Sunday - but consider injuries:

What happens if any one of Andrews, HHurst & Boyle has to miss time? No more 3 TE sets for awhile. Ricard is pretty important too - no replacement for him. Remove any of those 4 & this offense will look like - will have to look like - a very different unit.

Check out the depth chart. Consider the OL. How much of a drop-off can be expected if JHurst or Mekari or Powers has to sub in? Especially if someone goes out in the course of a game? Guys who never get to practice with the rest of the first team?

Lot of folks here complained about BWill's play (mostly in the context of the size of his contract) - but we already saw the result when he was out vs CLE.

I'm morally certain EDC is up to the minute on anyone out there he might have to sign or trade for if any of the roster goes down - but even so, these are the kinds of considerations that are going to turn (what's left of) his hair silver.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

FWIW, I don't think Belichick was dissing either LJ or our offense. The Pats showed great interest in LJ and worked him out privately.
    There were reports that if Michel was not available, he would have been the Pats' pick in Round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    I don't think any team can match up well against the LJ8 offense as it stood last Sunday night. But keep in mind the wild cards: injuries & turnovers. Not a lot to be done about turnovers - a couple of fluke bounces & the Bungles will be right there on Sunday - but consider injuries:

What happens if any one of Andrews, HHurst & Boyle has to miss time? No more 3 TE sets for awhile. Ricard is pretty important too - no replacement for him. Remove any of those 4 & this offense will look like - will have to look like - a very different unit.

Check out the depth chart. Consider the OL. How much of a drop-off can be expected if JHurst or Mekari or Powers has to sub in? Especially if someone goes out in the course of a game? Guys who never get to practice with the rest of the first team?

Lot of folks here complained about BWill's play (mostly in the context of the size of his contract) - but we already saw the result when he was out vs CLE.

I'm morally certain EDC is up to the minute on anyone out there he might have to sign or trade for if any of the roster goes down - but even so, these are the kinds of considerations that are going to turn (what's left of) his hair silver.
    To me, the only remaining question is, can they come back late down by multiple scores? I don’t see that happening often, but a bad day from the d, and / or turnovers by the offense, will be an interesting scenario. Without having the threat of running game, can the o-line hold up? Can another playmaker step up? Will be interesting to watch - but I’d rather night find out 👍