Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Trumps "faith advisor" and personal pastor....

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He spoke out about Wright after his comments became public and the relationship was not good for his political career. Wright was always that person, like I said Obama had a book named after one of his sermons and even quotes sermons in his book.

I'm tolerant of everyone and their beliefs. Even atheist who think something comes from nothing, talk about bat shit crazy.
    Well, I´d say those first things that came out before (during?) the election process, while bad, wasn´t bat shit crazy. Those later on when Obama cut ties with him were though, and quite a few since. Wright seems like someone who´s lost it a bit, saying crazy stuff, the apologizing, then at it again and so on. This woman Trump´s hired though... Best case she´s just a con I suppose. Presumably they get along famously then.

Nah, I draw the line with nutters that can or do inflict harm on others or prey on weak/wounded/hurt. She´s one of those.
    It really isn´t actually, certainly not more crazy than some external entity existing outside of nothing, before anything, wilfully creating the big bang, then nothing, except maybe turning into a flaming bush, tell a random guy to build a big ass friggin boat and father a son.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    We've gotten to a point in our society where we are more comfortable that people have comfort ferrets/pigs/dogs.... which are allowed by law pretty much anywhere. But faith? Put that sh** away, lol.
    Don't forget comfort peacocks. Someone literally took that on a Southwest flight. Can you imagine how loud that was!?

We've gotten to a point in our society where we are more comfortable that people have comfort ferrets/pigs/dogs.... which are allowed by law pretty much anywhere. But faith? Put that sh** away, lol.
    I don't think anyone in this thread is upset about faith, its more about the person pushing the faith. She's a tax collector for lack of a better word and deserves to have her table upended.

the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
    God comes from nothing? Just two posts ago you said a view like that was bat shit crazy.

I just don't see how that argument (which I do understand was just a flippant comment, not any sort of fully-fleshed-out prolegomena) does anything to establish that atheism is crazier than deism.

And having started this, let me hasten to add that I don't really have any appetite for deep theological wrangling. I wanted to mildly push on a flippant comment, not invite the equivalent of Ravi Zacharias / John Lennox / Hugh Ross to the party.

No, but nutters like this one? Yes, please, keep away from any sort of influence or power...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Well, I´d say those first things that came out before (during?) the election process, while bad, wasn´t bat shit crazy. Those later on when Obama cut ties with him were though, and quite a few since. Wright seems like someone who´s lost it a bit, saying crazy stuff, the apologizing, then at it again and so on. This woman Trump´s hired though... Best case she´s just a con I suppose. Presumably they get along famously then.
    IT came out during, and I didn't say it was bat shit crazy. And yes, she's a con (wo)man

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Nah, I draw the line with nutters that can or do inflict harm on others or prey on weak/wounded/hurt. She´s one of those.
    It really isn´t actually, certainly not more crazy than some external entity existing outside of nothing, before anything, wilfully creating the big bang, then nothing, except maybe turning into a flaming bush, tell a random guy to build a big ass friggin boat and father a son.
    So what if it hurts others. Is that wrong or something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    God comes from nothing? Just two posts ago you said a view like that was bat shit crazy.
    This is why I don't like to interact with you Jim. Just a few weeks ago I asked you to stop pretending to be stupid or miss the point so you can try to spin someones comment back around on them.

Seriously grow up.

IT came out during, and I didn't say it was bat shit crazy. And yes, she's a con (wo)man

Yeah, she is, I just wonder if she´s crazy too, or just him for wanting anything to with her.

Eh, yes, of course it is..? Not sure what you mean? I mean I draw the line for tolerance of religion (or in general) where it can and do inflict harm on others, as in fraudulent behaviour, giving false hope, pretending to heal terminally ill while making sure to take all their money and then some before they die, or extremists actively doing physical or phycological harm to others.

This is why I don't like to interact with you Jim. Just a few weeks ago I asked you to stop pretending to be stupid or miss the point so you can try to spin someones comment back around on them.

Seriously grow up.
    If you don't like knives that have two edges, stop using them. Or if you don't understand how knives work, then get a grown-up to help you.

Is this why Bossofataka doesn't like interacting with you, NC? Because you pretend to be stupid or miss the point so you can try to spin someone's comment back around on them?

Seriously grow up.
    One truly has to walk a fine line here... I´m a dick, for speaking to ditkas and rav almost as condecending and snide as them. You can say my "belief" (or lack there of) is bat shit crazy, but holt moly if Jim insinuates the same! Bad Jim!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If you don't like knives that have two edges, stop using them. Or if you don't understand how knives work, then get a grown-up to help you.
    Asking a question to understand someone's position and pretending to be an idiot are to different thing.