Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Trumps "faith advisor" and personal pastor....

I did not know of this woman til she was officially hired a few days ago, but apparently sheīs been Trumps sort of personal pastor for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0kSkvusjI

I donīt know, but Iīm a lot more worried about him comfortably aligning with someone like this then the Ukraine business... NCRaven, youīre a man of faith, right? Other too btw, arenīt you worried by this? Isnīt she a worse heretic than even an agnostic/atheist like myself?
    Now, hiring someone like this should be reason for impeachment alone, and Iīm almost dead serious.

Blog Entries

Re: Trumps "faith advisor" and personal pastor....

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    I did not know of this woman til she was officially hired a few days ago, but apparently sheīs been Trumps sort of personal pastor for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w0kSkvusjI

I donīt know, but Iīm a lot more worried about him comfortably aligning with someone like this then the Ukraine business... NCRaven, youīre a man of faith, right? Other too btw, arenīt you worried by this? Isnīt she a worse heretic than even an agnostic/atheist like myself?
    Now, hiring someone like this should be reason for impeachment alone, and Iīm almost dead serious.
    I've only seen a little about this/her. While I don't see how this is impeachable (like seriously... huh?) I do have problems with her take on things. She's basically the female version of Joel Osteen.

I always found Pastor Melissa Scott to be really hot.

Uh, sorry, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've only seen a little about this/her. While I don't see how this is impeachable (like seriously... huh?) I do have problems with her take on things. She's basically the female version of Joel Osteen.
    No, like I said "almost dead serious". In my opinion, and that is just an opinion, no one that freely adopts her as a personal pastor and now gives her an official post at the white house, is fit to run a country. I honestly feel that way. (Especially all other things considered too that I have a problem with of course). I just canīt imagine any sane person doing that.
    You donīt seem too bothered though?

No, like I said "almost dead serious". In my opinion, and that is just an opinion, no one that freely adopts her as a personal pastor and now gives her an official post at the white house, is fit to run a country. I honestly feel that way. (Especially all other things considered too that I have a problem with of course). I just canīt imagine any sane person doing that.
    There's a difference between something that's a red flag for whether or not you'd consider voting for someone, versus conduct that's impeachable.

I think you might be shooting for something different. Like, bringing this lady on indicates that Trump is crazy, so that's evidence of unfitness for office, so grounds for invoking the 25th. Something like that?

Obviously you have an uphill climb there too. But, with impeachment hearings already on the docket, that's probably a less confusing discussion to try to start. Rather than arguing that hiring this lady is a "high crime or misdemeanor".

Blog Entries

Well I can't imagine any sane person attending the church of Jeremiah Wright where Black Liberation Theology is taught and naming their book after one his controversial sermons that he apparently never heard. But you have the right to freedom of religion in this country so what are we supposed to do?

You donīt seem too bothered though?
    The only thing that bothers me is she is a false teacher/preacher and people will associate her with Christianity. Like I said, free country, what can I do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    There's a difference between something that's a red flag for whether or not you'd consider voting for someone, versus conduct that's impeachable.

I think you might be shooting for something different. Like, bringing this lady on indicates that Trump is crazy, so that's evidence of unfitness for office, so grounds for invoking the 25th. Something like that?

Obviously you have an uphill climb there too. But, with impeachment hearings already on the docket, that's probably a less confusing discussion to try to start. Rather than arguing that hiring this lady is a "high crime or misdemeanor".
    Well, like I said, not really being serious you know, that was more of a tongue in cheek comment considering the actual impeachment hearings counducted.

But yeah, in my opinion, but I doubt thereīs anything in it objectively, bringing someone like that on, and having had her as personal faith advisor/pastor/whatever, to me, youīre not fit for office. But thatīs an opinion rather than an actual fact Iīd try to prove, so if Iīm being real I assume that yeah, itīs a red flag. A very red one. :)

Well I can't imagine any sane person attending the church of Jeremiah Wright where Black Liberation Theology is taught and naming their book after one his controversial sermons that he apparently never heard. But you have the right to freedom of religion in this country so what are we supposed to do?

The only thing that bothers me is she is a false teacher/preacher and people will associate her with Christianity. Like I said, free country, what can I do about it.
    I suppose. Atleast Obama spoke out against Wright and left the church when he went bonkers. Rather than hiring someone even more nutty.
    I think this is where (northern) europe and america differs the most. Youīre much more tolerant of bat shit crazy religious people, for better or worse. ;)

Blog Entries

I suppose. Atleast Obama spoke out against Wright and left the church when he went bonkers. Rather than hiring someone even more nutty.
    I think this is where (northern) europe and america differs the most. Youīre much more tolerant of bat shit crazy religious people, for better or worse. ;)
    He spoke out about Wright after his comments became public and the relationship was not good for his political career. Wright was always that person, like I said Obama had a book named after one of his sermons and even quotes sermons in his book.

I'm tolerant of everyone and their beliefs. Even atheist who think something comes from nothing, talk about bat shit crazy.

Even atheist who think something comes from nothing, talk about bat shit crazy.

If God is "something", where did He come from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

If God is "something", where did He come from?
    Not "something" in the physical sense.

Colossians 1:15
    15 He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

We've gotten to a point in our society where we are more comfortable that people have comfort ferrets/pigs/dogs.... which are allowed by law pretty much anywhere. But faith? Put that sh** away, lol.