Bolton willing to defy White House and testify

"Former national security adviser John Bolton is willing to defy the White House and testify in the House impeachment inquiry about his alarm at the Ukraine pressure campaign if a federal court clears the way, according to people familiar with his views.

Bolton could be a powerful witness for Democrats: Top State Department and national security officials have already testified that he was deeply concerned about efforts by Trump and his allies to push Ukraine to open investigations into the president’s political rivals while the Trump administration held up military aid to that country."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8b6_story.html

Bolton has an axe to grind. He was quoted recently saying something to the extent that he will have his day in court. Don't get me wrong, Bolton is no friend to progressive causes but I don't think he sees Trump as a conservative worth protecting. He'll be another witness to trump's selling out of America for own personal gain who Republicans find hard to dismiss.

Re: Bolton willing to defy White House and testify

hope he brings the stache

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    "Former national security adviser John Bolton is willing to defy the White House and testify in the House impeachment inquiry about his alarm at the Ukraine pressure campaign if a federal court clears the way, according to people familiar with his views.

Bolton could be a powerful witness for Democrats: Top State Department and national security officials have already testified that he was deeply concerned about efforts by Trump and his allies to push Ukraine to open investigations into the president’s political rivals while the Trump administration held up military aid to that country."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...8b6_story.html

Bolton has an axe to grind. He was quoted recently saying something to the extent that he will have his day in court. Don't get me wrong, Bolton is no friend to progressive causes but I don't think he sees Trump as a conservative worth protecting. He'll be another witness to trump's selling out of America for own personal gain who Republicans find hard to dismiss.
    This is also going to be a big nothing. If he comes out and says, "Trump's policy was to withhold money from Ukraine unless they dug up dirt that wasn't there on Joe Biden, and he communicated that directly to me, and told me he was having Rudy arrange it on the ground so it wouldn't link back to him".... then that would be a damaging witness... we will not hear anything even remotely close to that.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This is also going to be a big nothing. If he comes out and says, "Trump's policy was to withhold money from Ukraine unless they dug up dirt that wasn't there on Joe Biden, and he communicated that directly to me, and told me he was having Rudy arrange it on the ground so it wouldn't link back to him".... then that would be a damaging witness... we will not hear anything even remotely close to that.
    We've already heard that from half a dozen witnesses.

But it's not in the transcript!

Blog Entries

Can you point me to those witnesses/statements?

What's the timeline for the judge in Bolton's lawsuit? Is he the one that got "fast tracked" to Dec 10?