Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2019 NFL starting QBs who are not as good as Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Never seen an agent over-hype their client. So I agree with you regarding his agents take.
    Bahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The last thing a thread that isn't needed needs is responses. Seems to be a common trend here for guys to respond to threads that they feel are unnecessary and therefore giving it the pulse they feel it shouldn't have.
    I'm assuming either you don't see the irony in what you just did or are being somewhat tongue-in-cheek here.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    You could say similar for Ray Rice. 32 and out of ball for 3 seasons.
    As an aside, I always thought Rice was primed for a big comeback season, that year. I think I'm in the minority on that.

I would argue it is probably easier for an in-shape RB to step back into the game than a QB just because of the mental requirements of QB and the higher skill required to make all the throws vs run the ball.
    Possible. Pure speculation, though.

RG3 was out of football for one season, and found a place in the league. Never had as much success as Kaep had. I think there have been other separations; I'm away from my desk, though.

But no one is signing someone out of the league that long who brings baggage.
    We've done a decent job so far of not digging in to the non-football controversies that surrounded this guy. If possoble I'd like to jkeep it that way -- which may ultimately mean i need to bow out of the thread -- but let's not equate the two players' conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    I look at that list and say wow Thank God for Lamar
    Shyah: that's for damn sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Sadly, nowhere seems to be.

I will say: I think this year has got to be pretty much it. Dude's 32, and has been out of football for 3 seasons. I don't think I could credibly claim next offseason that he belongs on a roster. If indeed it was still credible this past offseason.
    It was never about whether he had the talent to be on a roster it's whether it was worth it for him to be on the roster knowing everything that comes along with that. The answer early was maybe at this point the answer is clearly no.

I've went through this before we all have but you can't say him being out of football for three years he is ready to play which is only reason why half of those NFL qb's have jobs. He's also a full vegan and looks like he'd be killed if he ever stepped back on a football field. This is just PR at this point his career is over.

It's time for people to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    you can't say him being out of football for three years he is ready to play which is only reason why half of those NFL qb's have jobs.
    Oh no, I totally can't say he's ready. Neither can any NFL teams. Because they haven't worked him out.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    He's also a full vegan and looks like he'd be killed if he ever stepped back on a football field.
    Is that true?!? I had not heard that.

That seems super risky for someone who wants to be a football player. I would assume you'd need meat in your diet to keep sufficient muscle mass. Like, a lot of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm assuming either you don't see the irony in what you just did or are being somewhat tongue-in-cheek here.
    I didn't think I'd have to explain myself

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    As an aside, I always thought Rice was primed for a big comeback season, that year. I think I'm in the minority on that.

Possible. Pure speculation, though.

RG3 was out of football for one season, and found a place in the league. Never had as much success as Kaep had. I think there have been other separations; I'm away from my desk, though.

We've done a decent job so far of not digging in to the non-football controversies that surrounded this guy. If possoble I'd like to jkeep it that way -- which may ultimately mean i need to bow out of the thread -- but let's not equate the two players' conduct.
    Agree on Rice. Thought he would come on the scene comeback player of the year style.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk