Kaep finished '16 with these stats:

NFL passer rating: 90.7
ESPN's QBR: 49.5
PFR's ANY/A: 5.92

Listen, I agree with you: no stat perfectly captures everything about QB performance. Passer rating ignores sacks & fumbles. ANY/A ignores fumbles (I think?). Who the hell knows what QBR tracks & ignores.

BUT! Let's don't pretend those stats are completely useless either. The right guys tend to be at the top & bottom of those lists. If you're gaining yards on pass attempts, throwing TDs and avoiding picks, then you're going to be high in passer rating. If you're not doing those things, you're going to be low in passer rating. And so forth. Those stats between them capture most of what can be captured. If you're playing great, it tends to leave a statistical trace. If you're sucking ass, it tends to leave a statistical trace.

These guys below have been sucking ass, one way or another. Each is under one of the Kaep thresholds this season, in at least one (maybe all three) of those stats:

Rosen
Darnold
Trubisky
Baker
Danny Dimes
Fitzmajick
Red Rifle
Joe Flacco
Kyle Allen
Josh Allen
Mariota
Jameis
Tannehill
Goff
Minshew
Case Keenum
Bridgewater
Kyler

Brian Hoyer was great in relief of Brissett on Sunday: but man, Indy is awfully thin now. Likewise Brandon Allen & the Broncos.

We all understand that when you have a first-round rookie or 2nd-yr player, you give him playing time even though he's bad at first, so he develops. You want to hasten the time when he's ready to lead you to a championship. I get it. I'm not saying Kyler should be benched for an aging veteran: nor Darnold, Baker, Daniel Jones, Josh Allen. Of course not.

But Trubisky? 37yo Fitz? Please.