Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sondland Updates Impeachment Testimony,

......"Describing Ukraine Quid Pro Quo"

"In a substantial update to his initial account, Gordon D. Sondland recounted how he told Ukrainian officials military aid was tied to their commitment to investigations President Trump wanted."

Sondland Updates Impeachment Testimony, Describing Ukraine Quid Pro Quo https://nyti.ms/32g54V3

What a time to witness history.

Blog Entries

Re: Sondland Updates Impeachment Testimony,

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post

"In a substantial update to his initial account, Gordon D. Sondland recounted how he told Ukrainian officials military aid was tied to their commitment to investigations President Trump wanted."

Sondland Updates Impeachment Testimony, Describing Ukraine Quid Pro Quo https://nyti.ms/32g54V3

Don't have a NYTimes account. Can you post the relevant parts of the article?

Eagerly awaiting the bending and twisting apologets explain what REALLY went on. Probably the Clintons, Obama, Biden, british intelligence, italian intelligence, FBI, CIA, global marxism and "the woke" got to poor Sondland somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Eagerly awaiting the bending and twisting apologets explain what REALLY went on. Probably the Clintons, Obama, Biden, british intelligence, italian intelligence, FBI, CIA, global marxism and "the woke" got to poor Sondland somehow.
    This douche paid a million dollars to be ambassador to the EU then realized he could be heading to jail for the pea brain in the white house. He took his sorry ass back in there and told the truth. These deposition releases are catastrophic for Trump. Too bad 35% of the country hasn't realized that their great white hope is really just a great white dope.

Was the $400 million part of the US/Ukraine foreign aid or was it simply Ukraine wanting to buy more Javelins (missiles) from us?

How does selling Ukraine missiles relate to foreign aid? Wasn't the foreign aid that was held up months before Zelensky being put in office being spun as the "quid pro quo?" Now, it's the sale of missiles? Which one is it?

POTUS was pretty clear that he wanted nothing in return.

What did the Sondland/Trump conversation about Ukraine sound like:

In response to this “no quid-pro-quo” text to Bill Taylor...Kurt Volker said: "Gordon was repeating what we all understood.” - which was no quid-pro-quo.

Kurt Volker's response to... “Did the President ever withhold a meeting with President Zelensky... until the Ukrainians committed to investigate the allegations... concerning the 2016 election?”

So...Sondland was lying?
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 11-05-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Was the $400 million part of the US/Ukraine foreign aid or was it simply Ukraine wanting to buy more Javelins (missiles) from us?

How does selling Ukraine missiles relate to foreign aid? Wasn't the foreign aid that was held up months before Zelensky being put in office being spun as the "quid pro quo?" Now, it's the sale of missiles? Which one is it?

POTUS was pretty clear that he wanted nothing in return.

Actual phone call transcript between Sondland and Trump discussing Ukraine:

During the interview...when asked about Gordon Sondland’s “no quid-pro-quo” text to Bill Taylor...Kurt Volker said: "Gordon was repeating what we all understood.” - which was no quid-pro-quo.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yeah.
    Was that what he ran back to DC to change his testimony too? I don't understand still where there is quid pro quo in an illegal sense... it was the sale of javelin missiles we held up, and Trump seemed that his only objection was that he wanted someone to hold up his end of the bargain.... whatever that mean. Under Article II the President can conduct foreign policy and negotiate on the US's behalf. That usually results in a natural quid pro quo, so the Hobbs Act wouldn't be in play here. I'm not really certain what the basis of any of this is quite frankly since all of the money was released prior to the phone call anyhow. Jeffrey Toobin, who is absolutely a scumbag jerkoff contributor, gets on every single new outlet and tries to twist Trump into a total criminal, but even he wrote a piece in the New Yorker that is stating that all of this is a stretch. Trust me... if there were ANY illegality to this, Jeffrey Toobin would be foaming at the mouth...instead he's kinda hand-wringing and saying, "Welllll I suppose if you look at it THIS way.... maybe?" That isn't a good sign for impeachment.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Doesn't need to be illegal. Don't let them confuse you.

Blog Entries

What doesn't need to be illegal?

I believe it is regarding "High Crimes and Misdemeanors" correct? I could be wrong, but you cannot impeach someone because you don't like them....
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

This douche paid a million dollars to be ambassador to the EU then realized he could be heading to jail for the pea brain in the white house. He took his sorry ass back in there and told the truth. These deposition releases are catastrophic for Trump. Too bad 35% of the country hasn't realized that their great white hope is really just a great white dope.
    Yes, more and more of Trumps people are gonna do the same presumably, atleast if they think anything they´ve been hiding is on some form of record.
    Seems it´s only the white house and right wing media that are still trying to push the alternate reality fully nowadays. Amazing to watch all their statements and tweets. Still jaw dropping even if one should have gotten used to it by now.

I'm sorry but I'm really trying to turn a new leaf of being more open to ideas... but this is just looking like more of the last 3 years of the following nonsense, "Oh no! Whatcha gonna say NOW Trumptards???" and then we watch as absolutely nothing happens... I'm sure you guys feel a lot like we did with Hillary where she did all sorts of illegal stuff and it was never prosecuted, and we have to see that roast-beef of a face on talk shows spouting nonsense still. I get it. I truly do... We could all work together to make sure that ethics and civility is brought back? But that is going to require us to force congress to stop these (obviously) useless witch hunts that we KNOW won't satisfy anyone, and just move forward with trying to have our government actually run the country.

USMCA would be a good start. Pass that. It would immediately help middle/working class families in BOTH the US and Mexico. Instead, it sounds like the government is saying, "Shut up about that trivial crap! We have a horse and pony political show to put on!". Here is where democrats are REALLY missing the bus; with control of the House, they could act like they are working WITH Trump, take credit for the amazing economy, and sweep some elections. That is what Bill Clinton did, and it worked flawlessly... it sent republicans into a tizzy to the point that the Dems started raking in elections and they jumped the gun on an impeachment... sound familiar? I'm just so sick of all of this junk... and that is what it is... junk. Admit it... this stuff is stupid. There was absolutely no Russia Collusion... there is no Ukraine stuff either... if anything, this is showing how horrible our country is run by our ambassadors. How many of these jokers does it take to implement our foreign policy in a country that has almost zero importance to us? Why do we have 84 ambassadors to Ukraine?

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm really trying to turn a new leaf of being more open to ideas... but this is just looking like more of the last 3 years of the following nonsense, "Oh no! Whatcha gonna say NOW Trumptards???" and then we watch as absolutely nothing happens... I'm sure you guys feel a lot like we did with Hillary where she did all sorts of illegal stuff and it was never prosecuted, and we have to see that roast-beef of a face on talk shows spouting nonsense still. I get it. I truly do... We could all work together to make sure that ethics and civility is brought back? But that is going to require us to force congress to stop these (obviously) useless witch hunts that we KNOW won't satisfy anyone, and just move forward with trying to have our government actually run the country.

USMCA would be a good start. Pass that. It would immediately help middle/working class families in BOTH the US and Mexico. Instead, it sounds like the government is saying, "Shut up about that trivial crap! We have a horse and pony political show to put on!". Here is where democrats are REALLY missing the bus; with control of the House, they could act like they are working WITH Trump, take credit for the amazing economy, and sweep some elections. That is what Bill Clinton did, and it worked flawlessly... it sent republicans into a tizzy to the point that the Dems started raking in elections and they jumped the gun on an impeachment... sound familiar? I'm just so sick of all of this junk... and that is what it is... junk. Admit it... this stuff is stupid. There was absolutely no Russia Collusion... there is no Ukraine stuff either... if anything, this is showing how horrible our country is run by our ambassadors. How many of these jokers does it take to implement our foreign policy in a country that has almost zero importance to us? Why do we have 84 ambassadors to Ukraine?
    The economy has been pretty solid for 10 years now. People are used to that narrative by now.

If you thought Russia was nothing, you didn't pay attention. If you think Ukraine is stupid stuff you need to probably take a break from politics, voting, sharing your opinion especially with people who just might be more misguided than yourself.

Enjoy the public hearings. You will be in for quite a show.