Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: I was just thinking about something.

Even if it is only a short run I would rather have an elite player/team for a short period of time than a long period of slightly above average play because you try to make Lamar something he is not.

And as previously stated this is year 2 of Jackson. Year 2 already looks a lot different from Year 1. Year 4/5 will look completely different as well.

Maybe I need to just resign myself to the reality that, some things on these threads will never change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you feel that Lamar has this great potential as a passer, why in the world are you going to put his body through all of this now instead of doing what's best to make sure his body holds up to enjoy those years as a great passer?.
    You ask rhetorical questions filled with false presuppositions and when people take the time to actually respond you almost never reply, or don’t reply with an honest response.

Your question has been answered countless times.

1) Lamar’s production surpasses that of a “pocket passer” because Lamar is a true dual threat.

2) Lamar’s dual threat ability is the rising tide that makes this offense one of the best in NFL.

Why would you want design an offense that removes half Lamar’s unique skill set?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    You ask rhetorical questions filled with false presuppositions and when people take the time to actually respond you almost never reply, or don’t reply with an honest response.

1) Lamar’s production surpasses that of a “pocket passer” because Lamar is a true dual threat.

2) Lamar’s dual threat ability is the rising tide that makes this offense one of the best in NFL.

Why would you want design an offense that removes half Lamar’s unique skill set?
    Also it's fun to win and playing him this way is winning games so lets keep doing that

It’s year 2. If this season is how he’s used and it’s as effective as it has been, you’re not resigning him because it’s only a 3-4 year thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Go away
    This there are great doctors out there who can put you back together. Ok so he goes from 4 3 to 4 4. Its his wiggle . You think once he gets hurt he gonna turn into a stiff like somebody that used to qb here. Ok so he turn into Wilson. He can develop his passing while running. If you keep talking about his running I'm gonna keep talking about that statue we had here. Please no more injury titles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The offense will continue to evolve as time goes by.

We’ll cross that bridge when we get there though. The Monday after one of the most exciting regular season wins in recent franchise history ain’t the time.
    When you have a really, really good thing you want it to last forever so I understand someone's thoughts drifting that way. This same thought by Ex flashes through my mind from time to time. It's not where my heads at today but I am not going to crucify someone for thinking like this. That goal line stuff scares me. Remember a few years ago when Kenneth Dixon was fighting and driving at the goal line to score (probably when he should have gone down) and he was stood up in a scrum and Ngata (mountain, rock) pushed into his knee. You think about it. I was thinking about it last night. I don't want LJ stood up at the goal line with 350 lb men lurching around his knees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Why does the coaching staff have to design his running for him? Why can't he be trusted to use his rushing in a more judicious fashion when he feels the needs to? That does not remove half of his skill-set.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Why does the coaching staff have to design his running for him? Why can't he be trusted to use his rushing in a more judicious fashion when he feels the needs to? That does not remove half of his skill-set.
    It’s called an option Ex, 90% of the time Lamar is deciding to run

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    It’s called an option Ex, 90% of the time Lamar is deciding to run
    Because running the option puts him in that position where it's often the right decision. Lamar can be far more than an option QB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Because running the option puts him in that position where it's often the right decision. Lamar can be far more than an option QB.
    He is more than an option QB, it’s just one of the many effective strategies in the playbook.

Harbaugh praised Lamar's play in last night's game for the way he was able to recognize what New England was showing him, then audible-ing out if need be.

Translation: Lamar evolved enough as a QB that if a designed run for him isn't the best option, he has the team's trust to change the play.