Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Ain't that the truth.
    I highly doubt it, it´s purely for my own amusement, and because I literally can´t stand cocky shits like some here and their bigotry and ignorance. Unlike the ever humble ditkas I do not feel the constant need to plea to other members here for support or to speak ill of him when I go out for beer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Unlike the ever humble ditkas I do not feel the constant need to plea to other members here for support or to speak ill of him when I go out for beer.
    Well... that's probably cause no one likes you. You might want to try not to be a dick if you'd like people to go out for a beer with.

Well... that's probably cause no one likes you. You might want to try not to be a dick if you'd like people to go out for a beer with.
    You keep trying so hard, but keep swinging and missing... And yeah, I´m being a dick to you and a few others here, for reasons I have already explained, number one being; you´re proper dicks yourself, big time. IRL, and on other forums, I´m much more polite. Also, in the real world most people view you guys as dicks, if you ever behave the way you do regularly on here. Most of you know this and don´t presumably.

Another tell tell here is that I usually don´t use pejoratives like you have done here, calling activism by it´s pejorative "Social justice warrior", aswell as your use of "woke". This will make anyone center and left of center instantly see what you are and what you´re doing. You´re not setting out to have any thoughtful discussions, you´re setting out to bash, and then maybe discuss with other live rav, darb and steelerhater on just how crazy these woke SJW:s really are, and how stupid anyone not seeing it sort of how you´re seeing it are. It happens again and again.
    Sounds like dog-whistling to me!

I really like Founders. They make a lot of really good beers. I love beer, but I'm not so into some of these ones that are getting crazy with their ingredients and processes. Dogfish Head has always been that way. I like their "basic" styles, but some of the other stuff just doesn't even sound appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Sounds like dog-whistling to me!
    Not really any longer, I´d say everyone is pretty much aware that "social justice warrior" is a pejorative. Or do some still think it´s ment as a compliment or is used as a neutral term?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Do they brew a black and tan or is that racist?
    Biracial beer has got to be anti racist, right...?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I mean, it originates from 19th century England.

So...yes. Definitely racist. Probably should be boycotted. And publicly shamed. Probably should get Congress to spin up some legislation on outlawing black and tan drinks being served at bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I guess...…?
    I know everyone is joking, but while not racist, you definitely do not want to order one in Ireland. Black and Tans have a very bad historical significance there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I know everyone is joking, but while not racist, you definitely do not want to order one in Ireland. Black and Tans have a very bad historical significance there.
    Haha.

Harp & Guinness??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

You keep trying so hard, but keep swinging and missing... And yeah, I´m being a dick to you and a few others here, for reasons I have already explained, number one being; you´re proper dicks yourself, big time. IRL, and on other forums, I´m much more polite. Also, in the real world most people view you guys as dicks, if you ever behave the way you do regularly on here. Most of you know this and don´t presumably.
    Did you really just pull the adult version of "I know you are but what am I"?

Blog Entries

I think Trump may have include Sweden in his travel ban.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This is for the people that think that these protests and boycotts mean ANY-THING to business:

In the craft beer world, there is currently a big protest against Founders Brewing out of MI. It is a long story you can read here if you have more interest: https://www.chicagotribune.com/dinin...if4-story.html

Essentially, Founders has been in a civil lawsuit over racial discrimination. Recently this came to light because their head of Diversity left the company and made some pretty scathing comments as they departed. The craft beer community is a pretty socially conscious world, so social media has taken hold onto several protests attacking places that sell Founders beer. Cutely named regularly on social media as #fuckfounders... these aren't the most original people obviously, but I digress. I was curious to find out how this affects places actually selling Founders beer especially since Founders was in the middle of their HUGE release of an incredibly popular seasonal Beer (CBC and it is a delicious stout). A local bottle shop made a BIG stink over how they are "yanking all of their product off the shelves and their morals don't align, and we won't be selling Founders... were so woke!". They got a lot of, "That's great!" and "I love your place! Customer for life!", but it also got a lot of, "Good for you! Not like those a-holes at <insert other local bottle shop>!" Which is very negative in my opinion.

I asked my friend who owns a local place, and he wasn't aware there was even an issue since it was mostly covered regionally, but he shrugged, and said, "Founders already has my money... the people boycotting this are only going to hurt small business... Founders won't even feel the financial hit... It was also a horrible thing that the "woke" bottle shop did because they might have only had $100 of the stuff in stock... I'm a new business, and in order to GET CBC, I had to drop $1,000s this year just to get the allocation of CBC... "Woke" place just needlessly called all of us out. I've got $650 in stock that I have to move, and I'm not in a financial spot to just throw it all away... doesn't matter anyhow because nobody will remember in 1 week anyhow".

It made me think. SJWs oftentimes are the LEAST thoughtful people. It is all knee jerk and childish behavior. Oftentimes, their actions hurt people that have thoughts very much in line with their own, and do little to who they are trying to hurt. As I thought about this, I thought about a slew of other times SJWs have caused damaging effects to the wrong people or themselves. It is a good thought because it makes us mindful of our own stances on subjects. You really need to think, "What are my absolutes, and why... what will I NOT budge on?" Also, "What level of assertiveness is appropriate for a given situation?" I know BossofTaka and I have butted heads, and I realized why... he is an absolutist. He's FAR too assertive for things that really could just be preferences or mild convictions. I don't have to be right, and his absolutism causes everyone around him to "dig in" on their points. He is rarely thoughtful, but instead exhibits all knee-jerk reactions and oftentimes childish behavior. I think that's why I just blocked him because it was unhealthy debate. SJWs are incapable of healthy debate BECAUSE of their lack of Emotional Self-Awareness and Social Responsibility... not their excess of it.
    Fwiw, before their head of diversity left, it got dug up because a deposition that was leaked had his manager claiming he didn't know the employee was black since he didn't know his ancestry.

Not sure what was or wasn't there, and won't since they settled the suit, but founders handled that about as poorly as you could from an optics standpoint.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

No, I just told you some of you guys get Exactly the type of responses you deserve. Less even. The general tone among 5-10 of the Most prominent posters here is appalling. Youre one of those.