Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

I think Black and Tan beer is a clear example of the majority tan beer culturally appropriating the flavor of black beer in order to make profit of the back of minority black beer

2. Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nice. Didn't know you brew as well.

I have ingredients for an oatmeal stout that I have been meaning to get to. Maybe this week.
    Yeah, when I have time. I grow my own hops and all. I've made a stout called that before. Been a couple years, though. I used to be into trying all kinds of it, but, like most people, just settle in to making a couple that I like the best. Mainly, I do IPA's these days, bottling it. I should have more time soon to get back into it. I've been wanting to do a stout, too. Been awhile.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think Black and Tan beer is a clear example of the majority tan beer culturally appropriating the flavor of black beer in order to make profit of the back of minority black beer

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Thanks for proving Ditka's point.

You came in here calling everybody Trumpists, or some other insult, accused us of being ignorant and then rely on propaganda or disproved lies to claim some false victory. You spent an entire day pointing out how stupid I was for mixing up Sweden and Finland in post I wrote in two seconds. There is no chance to have a thoughtful discussion with you because you are lazy, ignorant, and self-absorbed. You honestly believe that you are the smartest person in here on any topic which makes you the worst poster on the forums. I take great pride in being condescending, but I can prove my points without relying on emotional arguments.

Ditka is right, you're not worth arguing with. You have one day to respond to my insults then its to the ignore list with you.
    He's not correct in his additional point and it is just him going around sounding off like he knows things... because if he DID know something about what he is talking about, then he would know that Founders is selling to big beer and that all of these same stores weren't going to be offering them in the future anyhow... this was the last big Hooray! for a brewery that was a core to the rise of craft beer in America. But don't mind me... I'll just get educated by someone who literally proves he has no clue of what he's talking about at all points in time.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Yes, well said but I still benefit from reading the anti-woke social justice warriors since I don't spend much time with people who brag about being asleep. I find it to be a curiosity.

Craft beer isn't what it used to be anyway. Craft brewers who used to be the cutting edge brewers like DFH and Wicked, for example, have been purchased at least to some degree by huge companies like A.B.

10 years ago, folks bought the annual releases at outrages prices but I dont know anyone who buys KBS anymore. After tax, that is close to $8 a bottle. Clever marketing. Founders is owned by a Spanish company these days. I was disappointed this summer while visiting Ommegang in New York that they are actually owned by Duval out of Belgium. It's all good beer still but is really just large international companies putting a boutique veneer on their product to appeal to asleep American markets.

Small liquor stores won't go out of business if they take founders off the shelves but founders will be forced to wake up.
    The sale of Founders is to Mahou San Miguel, and it doesn't happen until January. There are TONS of Craft Breweries not owned by big beer if you keep up, and they are killing it in the innovation aspect. Everyone got crazy on the NEIPAs for a while, but now, I'm seeing AMAZING work in Saison's and people are starting to bring back Grissettes and Dark IPAs (otherwise known as cascade ales). Wicked Weed selling stunk, but if you actually are into this, I'd be happy to recommend some great small breweries. New York is having a serious problem with this scene, but actually, the first black, woman owned brewery just opened in the Bronx. I haven't had a chance to get her beer but I'm hearing great things.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    The sale of Founders is to Mahou San Miguel, and it doesn't happen until January. There are TONS of Craft Breweries not owned by big beer if you keep up, and they are killing it in the innovation aspect. Everyone got crazy on the NEIPAs for a while, but now, I'm seeing AMAZING work in Saison's and people are starting to bring back Grissettes and Dark IPAs (otherwise known as cascade ales). Wicked Weed selling stunk, but if you actually are into this, I'd be happy to recommend some great small breweries. New York is having a serious problem with this scene, but actually, the first black, woman owned brewery just opened in the Bronx. I haven't had a chance to get her beer but I'm hearing great things.
    I've been drinking sours, Belgians and pilsners of late. I find IPAs overdone the last couple of years. They are good entry points for people still drinking crap like Budweiser but they don't pair well with food since they essentially wipe out your tastebuds. I've been brewing for years and lately trying a lot with Belgian yeasts. They are tasty strains. I have propagated some yeast out bottle conditioned beers from wicked and ommegang but have had attenuation issues. A friend grows the heck out of hops but I haven't been very successful trying to find the right place on my estate.

I've been thinking up some great recipes for my Impeachment Ale.

Blog Entries

New Belgium is employee owned and started by a woman. Super successful and their Asheville, NC location is fantastic.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    I've been drinking sours, Belgians and pilsners of late. I find IPAs overdone the last couple of years. They are good entry points for people still drinking crap like Budweiser but they don't pair well with food since they essentially wipe out your tastebuds. I've been brewing for years and lately trying a lot with Belgian yeasts. They are tasty strains. I have propagated some yeast out bottle conditioned beers from wicked and ommegang but have had attenuation issues. A friend grows the heck out of hops but I haven't been very successful trying to find the right place on my estate.

I've been thinking up some great recipes for my Impeachment Ale.
    Made with sour grapes? ;)

Ok....I had to do that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah, when I have time. I grow my own hops and all. I've made a stout called that before. Been a couple years, though. I used to be into trying all kinds of it, but, like most people, just settle in to making a couple that I like the best. Mainly, I do IPA's these days, bottling it. I should have more time soon to get back into it. I've been wanting to do a stout, too. Been awhile.
    I'm in the same boat.

There is a brewery in northern Virginia called Adroit Theory. All of their beers are incredibly complex....like they'll brew something with juniper berries and crushed almonds and age it in mezcal barrels...and then dry hop it...and then introduce brett....

Dont you guys just have a good stout?

I think some breweries feel like they need to go out of their way to stand out, so they do all sorts of wild-azz shit.

I typically brew 3-4 times per year. I build a 2-tap keezer system and I dont drink a lot, so 1 5-gal batch lasts me a long time.

Last year I did a Citra SMASH and a saison for the summer and then I did a Celebration Ale clone for the winter.

He's not correct in his additional point and it is just him going around sounding off like he knows things... because if he DID know something about what he is talking about, then he would know that Founders is selling to big beer and that all of these same stores weren't going to be offering them in the future anyhow... this was the last big Hooray! for a brewery that was a core to the rise of craft beer in America. But don't mind me... I'll just get educated by someone who literally proves he has no clue of what he's talking about at all points in time.
    So? They´re already partly owned by San Miguel, who will soon be majority owner, but I would assume many that sell Founders will/would continue to do so still, even if they´ll be owned by big beer. Founders will assumingly still operate as it´s own brand, and any boycott of that brand will still hit home. Surely you´re not suggesting that everyone selling Founders today will stop doing it the day San Miguel goes from 30% ownership to 90%?

Besides, my point was more general, I even started by saying I don´t know this particular case, just that social activism (as it´s called outside of your pejorative bigot world you know) can indeed be very effective. I still think it could be here, very much so.

No, I´ve noticed most don´t mind you thankfully. Still waiting for you to back up:

Average wages in Sweden are below that of the poorest 20% of americans.

"There are no kurdish people" in Syria, they´re a mix of libyans and religious warriors.

How your very limited first hand knowledge on climate science somehow out ranks the tens of thousands of actual climate scientists saying you are wrong (since your main point seems to be I´m stupid because I don´t acknowledge your authority on the subject).

The number of North Korean missile tests under Trumps tenure.

Any comments on your rants and mocking of Greta Thunberg, who you apparently thougth was only famous for going to the US..

Oh, and this little favourite: "The truth is that France will blow any dictator in the middle-east because their biggest source of income is selling them our weapons. Germany is in the same boat. Why do you think they are so vocal about taking refugees? I mean... does that REALLY make any sense? Merkel and Macron are getting personally rich by selling weapons to drug lords..."

And your post about Bill Taylor, where you didn´t have a single fact correct.

God, there´s so much you´ve said I´m starting to forget, your only salvation along with the fact that the only ones that might care are on your side anyway.

You truly take ignorance to another level and seem completley immune to actual facts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    I truly take ignorance to another level and seem completley immune to actual facts.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    It´s almost sweet how you guys rally to save each others poor asses by ignoring the subject and just go trolling. You are however free to quote my ignorance like I quoted Ditkas obviously, and I promise you I´ll address what you consider ignorance. I promise.