Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 87
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    603

    Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    This is for the people that think that these protests and boycotts mean ANY-THING to business:

    In the craft beer world, there is currently a big protest against Founders Brewing out of MI. It is a long story you can read here if you have more interest: https://www.chicagotribune.com/dinin...if4-story.html

    Essentially, Founders has been in a civil lawsuit over racial discrimination. Recently this came to light because their head of Diversity left the company and made some pretty scathing comments as they departed. The craft beer community is a pretty socially conscious world, so social media has taken hold onto several protests attacking places that sell Founders beer. Cutely named regularly on social media as #fuckfounders... these aren't the most original people obviously, but I digress. I was curious to find out how this affects places actually selling Founders beer especially since Founders was in the middle of their HUGE release of an incredibly popular seasonal Beer (CBC and it is a delicious stout). A local bottle shop made a BIG stink over how they are "yanking all of their product off the shelves and their morals don't align, and we won't be selling Founders... were so woke!". They got a lot of, "That's great!" and "I love your place! Customer for life!", but it also got a lot of, "Good for you! Not like those a-holes at <insert other local bottle shop>!" Which is very negative in my opinion.

    I asked my friend who owns a local place, and he wasn't aware there was even an issue since it was mostly covered regionally, but he shrugged, and said, "Founders already has my money... the people boycotting this are only going to hurt small business... Founders won't even feel the financial hit... It was also a horrible thing that the "woke" bottle shop did because they might have only had $100 of the stuff in stock... I'm a new business, and in order to GET CBC, I had to drop $1,000s this year just to get the allocation of CBC... "Woke" place just needlessly called all of us out. I've got $650 in stock that I have to move, and I'm not in a financial spot to just throw it all away... doesn't matter anyhow because nobody will remember in 1 week anyhow".

    It made me think. SJWs oftentimes are the LEAST thoughtful people. It is all knee jerk and childish behavior. Oftentimes, their actions hurt people that have thoughts very much in line with their own, and do little to who they are trying to hurt. As I thought about this, I thought about a slew of other times SJWs have caused damaging effects to the wrong people or themselves. It is a good thought because it makes us mindful of our own stances on subjects. You really need to think, "What are my absolutes, and why... what will I NOT budge on?" Also, "What level of assertiveness is appropriate for a given situation?" I know BossofTaka and I have butted heads, and I realized why... he is an absolutist. He's FAR too assertive for things that really could just be preferences or mild convictions. I don't have to be right, and his absolutism causes everyone around him to "dig in" on their points. He is rarely thoughtful, but instead exhibits all knee-jerk reactions and oftentimes childish behavior. I think that's why I just blocked him because it was unhealthy debate. SJWs are incapable of healthy debate BECAUSE of their lack of Emotional Self-Awareness and Social Responsibility... not their excess of it.
    Last edited by DitkasSausage; 11-04-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling and grammatical errors
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  2. #2

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This is for the people that think that these protests and boycotts mean ANY-THING to business:

    In the craft beer world, there is currently a big protest against Founders Brewing out of MI. It is a long story you can read here if you have more interest: https://www.chicagotribune.com/dinin...if4-story.html

    Essentially, Founders has been in a civil lawsuit over racial discrimination. Recently this came to light because their head of Diversity left the company and made some pretty scathing comments as they departed. The craft beer community is a pretty socially conscious world, so social media has taken hold onto several protests attacking places that sell Founders beer. Cutely named regularly on social media as #fuckfounders... these aren't the most original people obviously, but I digress. I was curious to find out how this affects places actually selling Founders beer especially since Founders was in the middle of their HUGE release of an incredibly popular seasonal Beer (CBC and it is a delicious stout). A local bottle shop made a BIG stink over how they are "yanking all of their product off the shelves and their morals don't align, and we won't be selling Founders... were so woke!". They got a lot of, "That's great!" and "I love your place! Customer for life!", but it also got a lot of, "Good for you! Not like those a-holes at <insert other local bottle shop>!" Which is very negative in my opinion.

    I asked my friend who owns a local place, and he wasn't aware there was even an issue since it was mostly covered regionally, but he shrugged, and said, "Founders already has my money... the people boycotting this are only going to hurt small business... Founders won't even feel the financial hit... It was also a horrible thing that the "woke" bottle shop did because they might have only had $100 of the stuff in stock... I'm a new business, and in order to GET CBC, I had to drop $1,000s this year just to get the allocation of CBC... "Woke" place just needlessly called all of us out. I've got $650 in stock that I have to move, and I'm not in a financial spot to just throw it all away... doesn't matter anyhow because nobody will remember in 1 week anyhow".

    It made me think. SJWs oftentimes are the LEAST thoughtful people. It is all knee jerk and childish behavior. Oftentimes, their actions hurt people that have thoughts very much in line with their own, and do little to who they are trying to hurt. As I thought about this, I thought about a slew of other times SJWs have caused damaging effects to the wrong people or themselves. It is a good thought because it makes us mindful of our own stances on subjects. You really need to think, "What are my absolutes, and why... what will I NOT budge on?" Also, "What level of assertiveness is appropriate for a given situation?" I know BossofTaka and I have butted heads, and I realized why... he is an absolutist. He's FAR too assertive for things that really could just be preferences or mild convictions. I don't have to be right, and his absolutism causes everyone around him to "dig in" on their points. He is rarely thoughtful, but instead exhibits all knee-jerk reactions and oftentimes childish behavior. I think that's why I just blocked him because it was unhealthy debate. SJWs are incapable of healthy debate BECAUSE of their lack of Emotional Self-Awareness and Social Responsibility... not their excess of it.
    Thanks for the post.

    Interesting topic for discussion.

    If anyone studies history, you'll find that "activism" in America has ALWAYS been around. It was around during the era of slavery. It was around during the era of prohibition. It was around in the era of civil rights. It was around in the era of Vietnam. It's around today. The point is...people have ALWAYS stood up for their beliefs, right or wrong. It's not new. What IS new is the concept of being a Social Justice Warrior which pretends is some form of activism. It isn't. It isn't even close.

    The goal of the entire SJW platform is censorship of any and all ideas that don't align w/the Left. These SJW's will achieve their goal by destroying anyone or anything over anything/everything that doesn't align w/their beliefs.

    The level of "woke" by SJW's ranges from "Founders Beer" all the way to ANTIFA. SJW's will try to ruin businesses that sell Founders beer or they will beat you over the head w/a club and leave you for dead just because you are a capitalist.

    You are right in that SJW's are incapable of healthy debate. THEY are right. YOU are wrong. No matter what. There is no middle ground. There is no compromise. Agree with them or be destroyed. Get in line or suffer. Discourse is not an option.

    SJW's are the 2019 version of Brownshirts.





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    51,341
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Love Founders beers.

    KBS is the shit.


    I have no idea what the issue is with Founders though. Never heard about any activism against them.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  4. #4

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Thanks for being so not "woke". I spend so much time with people who care about other people that I sometimes forget what it is like to be a dick. Us white guys need to squeeze much harder if we're going to remain important by 2030.





  5. #5

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Love Founders beers.

    KBS is the shit.


    I have no idea what the issue is with Founders though. Never heard about any activism against them.
    I've never tried it or even heard of it, but I'm happy to see they sell it in my local stores. I'll be picking some up. My main impetus is that I, like many, get tired of all the SJW crap. Hardly anyone really knows the real story behind this or other ones, yet want to jump right in and condemn someone before any of the facts are made public/proven. That and that alone will always, always make me want to "jump right in" and patronize places like this. Now, if and when accusations/assertions are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, I will be happy to change that stance. Until then......SJW this.





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    603

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Thanks for being so not "woke". I spend so much time with people who care about other people that I sometimes forget what it is like to be a dick. Us white guys need to squeeze much harder if we're going to remain important by 2030.
    I read this and got a little upset, then reread it and got confused... At first I thought you were mocking my post, but then I realized that I cannot seem to make sense of whether it is or isn't. Could you clarify what your point is?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    603

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I've never tried it or even heard of it, but I'm happy to see they sell it in my local stores. I'll be picking some up. My main impetus is that I, like many, get tired of all the SJW crap. Hardly anyone really knows the real story behind this or other ones, yet want to jump right in and condemn someone before any of the facts are made public/proven. That and that alone will always, always make me want to "jump right in" and patronize places like this. Now, if and when accusations/assertions are proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, I will be happy to change that stance. Until then......SJW this.
    The problem for me isn't that people care. If there was profound ACTUAL racism in my area, I would be the first to boycott it. There is a store in my town where the owner was ON TAPE saying the n-word... I heard the tapes... it made the news. Clear as day racism. I do not go there, nor will I associate with it in any way. I know the facts, I know the people personally, and I made a choice. The problem with social media and the SJW movement is that thousands of people jump on ONE hot issue because of ONE news article, and immediately and irrationally protest the most immediate thing. But they release a new item every week to protest, and find a LOT of things that are questionable at best... false more often than not. I'd argue a VAST majority of Americans have just gotten fatigued by the "Everything and Everyone is racist!" culture they exude, and just stopped paying attention. It is the Boy Who Cried Wolf. What normal people find sad is they've created so much noise that actual issues are not being heard.

    The cops issue hits home for me. If your town has an issue where there are pervasive issues of racism within your force, it should be addressed. Most notably, by electing a different sheriff. However, it is ignorant to say ALL cops are racist, when that is provably false in almost every statistic.

    Here is a lesser known yet good example of early environmentalist SJWs. If you're from the midwest, you would be familiar with CWD in deer. It means that deer have overpopulated a region, so they ALL starve out. Most states deal with this by allowing state sharp shooters to hunt and use the meat in homeless shelters. Good solution which thins deer populations, preventing terrible starvation among deer, and providing great, nutritious meals to the homeless. OH NO! SJWs found the hunting to be cruel. So they decided to do a deer relocation program and push to make the previous practice illegal. The first deer relocation program was a total disaster that cost Wisconsin $millions and was the cruelest thing I've ever heard. In some instances the deer woke up mid-flight to the new region and thrashed themselves to death they were so scared. In other instances, the sedated deer were dropped off, and before the helicopter got out of view, they got to watch packs of wolves tear the half-sedated deer apart. The survival rate of these deer was under 10%, and most died in horrific fashion. Also that year, there was a shortage of food for homeless shelters and the state had to do emergency food drives. SJWs... solving issues one terrible idea at a time.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead





  8. #8

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    This is for the people that think that these protests and boycotts mean ANY-THING to business:

    In the craft beer world, there is currently a big protest against Founders Brewing out of MI. It is a long story you can read here if you have more interest: https://www.chicagotribune.com/dinin...if4-story.html

    Essentially, Founders has been in a civil lawsuit over racial discrimination. Recently this came to light because their head of Diversity left the company and made some pretty scathing comments as they departed. The craft beer community is a pretty socially conscious world, so social media has taken hold onto several protests attacking places that sell Founders beer. Cutely named regularly on social media as #fuckfounders... these aren't the most original people obviously, but I digress. I was curious to find out how this affects places actually selling Founders beer especially since Founders was in the middle of their HUGE release of an incredibly popular seasonal Beer (CBC and it is a delicious stout). A local bottle shop made a BIG stink over how they are "yanking all of their product off the shelves and their morals don't align, and we won't be selling Founders... were so woke!". They got a lot of, "That's great!" and "I love your place! Customer for life!", but it also got a lot of, "Good for you! Not like those a-holes at <insert other local bottle shop>!" Which is very negative in my opinion.

    I asked my friend who owns a local place, and he wasn't aware there was even an issue since it was mostly covered regionally, but he shrugged, and said, "Founders already has my money... the people boycotting this are only going to hurt small business... Founders won't even feel the financial hit... It was also a horrible thing that the "woke" bottle shop did because they might have only had $100 of the stuff in stock... I'm a new business, and in order to GET CBC, I had to drop $1,000s this year just to get the allocation of CBC... "Woke" place just needlessly called all of us out. I've got $650 in stock that I have to move, and I'm not in a financial spot to just throw it all away... doesn't matter anyhow because nobody will remember in 1 week anyhow".

    It made me think. SJWs oftentimes are the LEAST thoughtful people. It is all knee jerk and childish behavior. Oftentimes, their actions hurt people that have thoughts very much in line with their own, and do little to who they are trying to hurt. As I thought about this, I thought about a slew of other times SJWs have caused damaging effects to the wrong people or themselves. It is a good thought because it makes us mindful of our own stances on subjects. You really need to think, "What are my absolutes, and why... what will I NOT budge on?" Also, "What level of assertiveness is appropriate for a given situation?" I know BossofTaka and I have butted heads, and I realized why... he is an absolutist. He's FAR too assertive for things that really could just be preferences or mild convictions. I don't have to be right, and his absolutism causes everyone around him to "dig in" on their points. He is rarely thoughtful, but instead exhibits all knee-jerk reactions and oftentimes childish behavior. I think that's why I just blocked him because it was unhealthy debate. SJWs are incapable of healthy debate BECAUSE of their lack of Emotional Self-Awareness and Social Responsibility... not their excess of it.
    Youll probably ignore again, but others might not, so I better correct you, again.

    As for this specific example, I dont know it, but you present the basics, which could be the same principle for any industry or company.
    To say that it wont hurt in this case Founders Brewing is just plain wrong though. Of course it will, its just one step from where youre describing it. I highly doubt any, or very few, small businesses are dependent on one craft beer maker to make their living, now Im talking about stores, restaurants, pubs, whatever. And if customers tell that owner they wont buy from them, next month those business owners will tell Founders that "No, were not selling your products, sorry" and then it hits home, obviously.
    Actually, this is a prime example where activism really can hit home quickly without any doubt. Its much more difficult if you wanna boycott say a country, or child labour, or a specific oil company, anything that is global and where companies and businesses coexist and interact in ways one might not even grasp at first.
    Here though, its an industry that works as its ment; lots of competition, plenty other makers to choose from that can give you pretty much the same thing, especially if its something you really care about, its not much of a sacrifice to drink another beer make.

    You know this too, which is why I find this whole thread start weird. Probably more that you felt a need to bash "woke" and "social justice warriors" again than what you actually claim the thread start to be?

    And no, Im certainly not an absolutist, much less so then you I believe, and I have far less knee jerk reactions than you for sure. Im not the one starting threads ranting about shutting down CNN, how unlikeable a female soccer player is or just ranting on in general about the EU or whatever. You do it all the time though.
    And you constantly claim to be right on these issues we have butted heads on. When I point out your faults, with facts, you ignore, or go ad hominem. When I just say your wrong, you whine that I "Cant just say Im wrong, tell me why wah wah". Again and again.

    Another tell tell here is that I usually dont use pejoratives like you have done here, calling activism by its pejorative "Social justice warrior", aswell as your use of "woke". This will make anyone center and left of center instantly see what you are and what youre doing. Youre not setting out to have any thoughtful discussions, youre setting out to bash, and then maybe discuss with other live rav, darb and steelerhater on just how crazy these woke SJW:s really are, and how stupid anyone not seeing it sort of how youre seeing it are. It happens again and again.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,153

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Youll probably ignore again.
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  10. #10

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Youll probably ignore again, but others might not, so I better correct you, again.

    As for this specific example, I dont know it, but you present the basics, which could be the same principle for any industry or company.
    To say that it wont hurt in this case Founders Brewing is just plain wrong though. Of course it will, its just one step from where youre describing it. I highly doubt any, or very few, small businesses are dependent on one craft beer maker to make their living, now Im talking about stores, restaurants, pubs, whatever. And if customers tell that owner they wont buy from them, next month those business owners will tell Founders that "No, were not selling your products, sorry" and then it hits home, obviously.
    Actually, this is a prime example where activism really can hit home quickly without any doubt. Its much more difficult if you wanna boycott say a country, or child labour, or a specific oil company, anything that is global and where companies and businesses coexist and interact in ways one might not even grasp at first.
    Here though, its an industry that works as its ment; lots of competition, plenty other makers to choose from that can give you pretty much the same thing, especially if its something you really care about, its not much of a sacrifice to drink another beer make.

    You know this too, which is why I find this whole thread start weird. Probably more that you felt a need to bash "woke" and "social justice warriors" again than what you actually claim the thread start to be?

    And no, Im certainly not an absolutist, much less so then you I believe, and I have far less knee jerk reactions than you for sure. Im not the one starting threads ranting about shutting down CNN, how unlikeable a female soccer player is or just ranting on in general about the EU or whatever. You do it all the time though.
    And you constantly claim to be right on these issues we have butted heads on. When I point out your faults, with facts, you ignore, or go ad hominem. When I just say your wrong, you whine that I "Cant just say Im wrong, tell me why wah wah". Again and again.

    Another tell tell here is that I usually dont use pejoratives like you have done here, calling activism by its pejorative "Social justice warrior", aswell as your use of "woke". This will make anyone center and left of center instantly see what you are and what youre doing. Youre not setting out to have any thoughtful discussions, youre setting out to bash, and then maybe discuss with other live rav, darb and steelerhater on just how crazy these woke SJW:s really are, and how stupid anyone not seeing it sort of how youre seeing it are. It happens again and again.
    Thanks for proving Ditka's point.

    You came in here calling everybody Trumpists, or some other insult, accused us of being ignorant and then rely on propaganda or disproved lies to claim some false victory. You spent an entire day pointing out how stupid I was for mixing up Sweden and Finland in post I wrote in two seconds. There is no chance to have a thoughtful discussion with you because you are lazy, ignorant, and self-absorbed. You honestly believe that you are the smartest person in here on any topic which makes you the worst poster on the forums. I take great pride in being condescending, but I can prove my points without relying on emotional arguments.

    Ditka is right, you're not worth arguing with. You have one day to respond to my insults then its to the ignore list with you.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  11. #11

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious View Post
    Thanks for being so not "woke". I spend so much time with people who care about other people that I sometimes forget what it is like to be a dick. Us white guys need to squeeze much harder if we're going to remain important by 2030.
    We've discussed this before. You don't care about other people, you just want everyone to be as miserable as you are.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  12. #12

    Re: Real Effect of Social Justice Warriors

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Thanks for proving Ditka's point.

    You came in here calling everybody Trumpists, or some other insult, accused us of being ignorant and then rely on propaganda or disproved lies to claim some false victory. You spent an entire day pointing out how stupid I was for mixing up Sweden and Finland in post I wrote in two seconds. There is no chance to have a thoughtful discussion with you because you are lazy, ignorant, and self-absorbed. You honestly believe that you are the smartest person in here on any topic which makes you the worst poster on the forums. I take great pride in being condescending, but I can prove my points without relying on emotional arguments.

    Ditka is right, you're not worth arguing with. You have one day to respond to my insults then its to the ignore list with you.
    By actually engaging and making an argument for why social activism can indeed work in this case? Its silly of you to try and smear me for this post of all.

    I didnt do what you say, it was never "everyone", at all. It was always directed at specific posters, most of them thoroughly deserving, like you, Rav and Ditkas. You will find that I never once insulted guys like Lax or others. If youre such snowflakes you all pop and suck in criticism like spunges, thats on you, not me. Like Rav going mental because I insinuated he was a racist because I said "We all know why you dont like Kaepernick". Racism hadnt even crossed my mind, but youre so bloody touchy.
    Besides, go back to that thread, like I said, YOU are actually the first one making a personal attack. I only used generalized condecending tone, just like you guys do here IN EVERY SINGKE THREAD.

    Oh yes, I spent a day pointing out some of your total mix ups, which consisted of more than mixing up two different countries btw, also what the study actually was for example, after you attacked me.
    Most of the time I ignore your baiting, but sometimes its fun to actually put shits like you in their places. Youre the one who thinks you know shit. You and Ditkas are the ones making sure ass condecending false statements. All I do is point out the flaws, the faults and the ignorance.
    Im guilty of many things, ignorance isnt one of them when I do speak up. You may see that I ignore some topics completely, whereas your beloved friend Ditkas here knows everything about everything, posting thread after thread, without having even basic facts straight. THAT is ignorance.
    Laziness is like you in the other thread, trying to prove suicidal rates post transition is way higher the pre, and not even reading the summary of the study you post which would have saved you from looking like a fool. That is both ignorance AND laziness actually.
    Its not my argument that is emotional, its yours. You basically have no facts to back up your claim in this matter, but you still want it to be that way, so you accuse 73 peer reviewed studies to be cherry picking...

    But sure, tell yourself Im the ignorant one and put me on ignore. Only way you can try and get out of this one with your head held high outside of your little circle here.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site