California

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Re: California

Yeah, California is just awful.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure you can find a picture like this in every State in our nation....

What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Pretty sure you can find a picture like this in every State in our nation....

What is your point?
    Not to speak on behalf of Carroll, but...California is a pretty shitty (pun intended) state to live in unless you're wealthy. Carroll is probably alluding to that.

-The state is in massive debt.
    -It has the highest tax rate in the country.
    -It has the worst illegal immigration problem in the country.
    -People are fleeing the state in droves.
    -Diseases like the Bubonic Plague actually exist in California.
    -Homeless encampments are out of control in California.
    -There are loads of human shit covering streets in their major cities.
    -California has the lowest credit/bond rating in the entire country.
    -California has the worst healthcare system in the country which is due to millions of illegal immigrants using and not paying for healthcare, the insurance or the services...which is causing hospitals to close down and increases the costs on providers.
    -California’s violent crime rate is the 13th highest in the nation.
    -California also has the highest poverty rate in the country.

Despite all this...they do have some pretty beaches.

With all that being said...their lawmakers are oddly focused on inconsequential shit like banning straws. Meanwhile...their biggest cities are rotting...as evidenced by the picture Carroll posted in the OP.

I'm sure you already knew all of this.

Carry on

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Not to speak on behalf of Carroll, but...California is a pretty shitty (pun intended) state to live in unless you're wealthy. Carroll is probably alluding to that.

-The state is in massive debt.
    -It has the highest tax rate in the country.
    -It has the worst illegal immigration problem in the country.
    -People are fleeing the state in droves.
    -Diseases like the Bubonic Plague actually exist in California.
    -Homeless encampments are out of control in California.
    -There are loads of human shit covering streets in their major cities.
    -California has the lowest credit/bond rating in the entire country.
    -California has the worst healthcare system in the country which is due to millions of illegal immigrants using and not paying for healthcare, the insurance or the services...which is causing hospitals to close down and increases the costs on providers.
    -California’s violent crime rate is the 13th highest in the nation.
    -California also has the highest poverty rate in the country.

Despite all this...they do have some pretty beaches.

With all that being said...their lawmakers are oddly focused on inconsequential shit like banning straws. Meanwhile...their biggest cities are rotting...as evidenced by the picture Carroll posted in the OP.

I'm sure you already knew all of this.

Carry on
    RAV pretty much sums it up perfectly. If you have a clue as to what's going on there, I thought it was pretty obvious. The state of California has a lot more serious problems to worry about than stupid ass plastic straws. It's called priorities and California has theirs backwards. I just don't understand why people there continue to vote for these politicians that do absolutely nothing for their true citizens, except raising their taxes. That's one reason they are leaving the state. Sad thing is they bring their dumb ass liberalism to other states, unable to comprehend those policies are the reason they left California in the first place.
    PS, have you ever tried sucking on a paper straw? I recently was in Vancouver and that's what they have and let me tell you, it sucks.

PS, have you ever tried sucking on a paper straw? I recently was in Vancouver and that's what they have and let me tell you, it sucks.
    Well...

So...it works?

Blog Entries

So...it works?
    It's hard to describe, but it's kind of like sucking on a lemon at first, it draws the moisture out of your lips and mouth, then it gets soggy and collapses. But at least the planet is saved. Throwing plastic straws in the trash seems to be an adequate alternative to the less efficient paper ones, but that's just me.

It's hard to describe, but it's kind of like sucking on a lemon at first, it draws the moisture out of your lips and mouth, then it gets soggy and collapses. But at least the planet is saved. Throwing plastic straws in the trash seems to be an adequate alternative to the less efficient paper ones, but that's just me.
    I would love to know the facts before a change like this was made. I am just guessing, but if this country uses X tons of plastic straws each year, I would bet that less than 1/10th of 1% is ending up in the water system. I boat all of the time. I have never seen a straw in the water. Never

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I would love to know the facts before a change like this was made. I am just guessing, but if this country uses X tons of plastic straws each year, I would bet that less than 1/10th of 1% is ending up in the water system. I boat all of the time. I have never seen a straw in the water. Never
    Here's some plastic straws that Starbucks is apparently using now...

Notice the paper straws are wrapped in plastic

Meanwhile...here is a picture of some random guy walking in downtown Los Angeles. Good thing he stopped and didn't step in that big pile of poo.

This kinda looks like a picture from Jurassic Park, but...don't be fooled. This picture was recently taken in downtown LA. Dodger Stadium is right over that hill.

Blog Entries

Here's some plastic straws that Starbucks is apparently using now...

Notice the paper straws are wrapped in plastic

Meanwhile...here is a picture of some random guy walking in downtown Los Angeles. Good thing he stopped and didn't step in that big pile of poo.

This kinda looks like a picture from Jurassic Park, but...don't be fooled. This picture was recently taken in downtown LA. Dodger Stadium is right over that hill.
    Individually wrapped paper straws wrapped in plastic just proves the insanity. The politicians there have no problems with needles and human feces lying on the sidewalks but they are triggered by seeing a "unoccupied" straw on the street. UFB. I'm kind of in the mind frame that it's not the straw that's the problem, it's that people are pigs. Similar to guns don't kill, people do. Now I am a big believer in recycling, but straws to me, seem like low hanging fruit. Ocean City Maryland used to recycle but stopped in 2009. Imagine all the beer and soda cans and bottles that are now just thrown away and are either burned or end up in a landfill. That's a crying shame but they stopped the recycling program because it was not profitable. Go figure.

Well, recycling as a whole is mostly a farce. Most “recycling” just ended up in China’s landfills instead of ours, sorted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk