Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Have all things ceased in OM ??

Im just taken a few minutes I guess to vent/ponder/and say what is going on with the interview process in OM? Thursday and today things have seemingly come to a halt. They ( Steve B, Ozzie and Cass ) were off to a good start and now you hear nothing but crickets. I can't believe the inital round of interviews there willing to stand pat on those guys alone. Im still a big suppoter of J. Schwartz getting a interview ( at least that..) throw in a few other assistants. If they think J. Garrett is there guy fine.. I have hard time believing J. Jones lets him walk as much as he's coveted. I could say more.. They just need to get this thing cranked up again...

comments from SI.com article on Schwartz interview ( below )

And this was no cursory three-hour, keep-your-name-on-file interview either. Snyder and Redskins vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato met for about nine hours with Schwartz at Sndyer's mansion overlooking the Potomac River.

Sources say Snyder came away very impressed with Schwartz's intelligence, coaching philosophy and communication skills. That Schwartz, 41, is close to Snyder in age (the owner is 42), and knows the D.C. market from having grown up in Baltimore and attended Georgetown further boosts his candidacy. That common ground lent itself to a long and surprisingly detailed and wide-ranging conversation that stretched from morning until early evening.

And there's another factor that could work in Schwartz's favor: He's suddenly in demand, at least in terms of head coaching interviews. Schwartz was scheduled to be in Atlanta on Friday to interview for the Falcons' coaching vacancy, and the Dolphins received permission to meet with him about their opening on Monday. Knowing he may have competition for Schwartz can't possibly do anything but deepen Snyder's interest in him, since Snyder seldom shies away from a bidding war.

Re: Have all things ceased in OM ??

Very strange he's interviewed with every other team that has a HC vacancy, yet nothing scheduled with the Ravens. I really give up trying to figure this team out.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Very strange he's interviewed with every other team that has a HC vacancy, yet nothing scheduled with the Ravens. I really give up trying to figure this team out.
    You're right, since they've interviewed quite a few candidates, including the head-scratcher son-of-Marty, why not bring this guy in for a sit-down?
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Ozzie needs some rest.

Could be they have a hand shake agreement in place with a playoff coach .... maybe Garret?

you are way to concenered. It has not been long enough to make a choice yet. There is no way they pick a coach until after the super bowl. Why would you want to rush this dicision anyway. If they are truly looking for a coach to be here for the next 10 years they will take there good old time with this as they should be, I am not interested in picking a coach like snyder does (first big name we interview we sign)
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

I've been one of the biggest skeptics regarding this whole thing.

But this isn't that much of a concern.

Every possible candidate that is still coaching in the playoffs cannot be contacted until their respective teams are eliminated.

We'll see.

I think many of us just aren't used to this.

I know Im not.

PP

I understand that there are still more candidates to be interviewed, whoever they are. Drew Forrester mentioned the NY Giants DC, (can't spell or pronounce his name, begins with an S) as one possibility.

I am becoming impatient only because I am afraid the Ravens will be slow at the switch, and I do think time is of the essence here, especially since there may be more teams looking for head coaches once the playoffs and Super Bowl is over. So unless they already have a gentlemen's agreement in place, I am becoming a bit nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    So unless they already have a gentlemen's agreement in place, I am becoming a bit nervous.
    Ravenwoman, have a bottle of vino and do what I'm doing, chilling. I know one other owner in Charm City who has always been slow to act, and we all know his name.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I'm expecting it to be Jason Garrett. It's all hearsay but he seems like a fine choice. I'm willing to put my trust in the front office; they did well in choosing Billick and I believe they'll make another good choice here.

Remember it was the Modell regime that brought Billick in. Who knows what Cass and Mr Whimsey will come up with.
    AZRAVEN

[

They will name a coach real soon....ticket invoices are due out in feb. We shall see who loses this weekend if we are targeting a coach that is out of the PO by Sunday night Monday we will have a new HC.
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan