Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Are EDC and Suggs scheming to bring him back?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    His comments seem like something that would be a cuttable offense. Its just weird when you think about the comments mixed in with the random clearing of space. I know it’s unlikely, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Suggs said he went to Arizona for 7 million but would only want to sign in Baltimore for 4 million. Don’t we have 4 million right now?
    You are conflating a few things here...

He didn't say anything along the lines of Ariz for 7 or BMore for 4.
    Bart Scott said he's not worth the & mill he's getting paid, probably only worth 4 at this point.

Sizzle said he loved the Ravens too much to steal from them.

In other words, he got a much better offer from Arizona and he wasn't going to try to force the Ravens to match it. Figured he could pocket that last big payday and take care of whatever personal business he has going on in Arizona. Pad his stats a little while he was at it.

Pretty big leap to speculate that he would be trying to talk his way out of Ariz and that he'd make it back to the ravens somehow. People took the AB "crazy like a fox" bullshit a little bit too serious this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    You are conflating a few things here...

He didn't say anything along the lines of Ariz for 7 or BMore for 4.
    Bart Scott said he's not worth the & mill he's getting paid, probably only worth 4 at this point.

Sizzle said he loved the Ravens too much to steal from them.

In other words, he got a much better offer from Arizona and he wasn't going to try to force the Ravens to match it. Figured he could pocket that last big payday and take care of whatever personal business he has going on in Arizona. Pad his stats a little while he was at it.

Pretty big leap to speculate that he would be trying to talk his way out of Ariz and that he'd make it back to the ravens somehow. People took the AB "crazy like a fox" bullshit a little bit too serious this year.
    Makes sense, thank you for the correction. I just saw his comments and got excited because it would just have been so perfect. But y’all are probably right.

Makes sense, thank you for the correction. I just saw his comments and got excited because it would just have been so perfect. But y’all are probably right.
    No doubt. I miss "Sizzle" dearly and so does the defense. But we've only seen him for the 1st half of the last 2 seasons he was here. He's just Suggs now...and while that would even be a welcome addition FBIQ wise, I don't know how big of an impact he would have been having on this year's version of the defense.

No doubt. I miss "Sizzle" dearly and so does the defense. But we've only seen him for the 1st half of the last 2 seasons he was here. He's just Suggs now...and while that would even be a welcome addition FBIQ wise, I don't know how big of an impact he would have been having on this year's version of the defense.
    He has almost half the sacks we have as a team. That 7 mil seems like a steal given what production we are getting currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    He has almost half the sacks we have as a team. That 7 mil seems like a steal given what production we are getting currently.
    I guess my only point of contention on our team sack numbers is that it's juxtaposed with a lot of metrics that say they are getting a ton of pressure. The truth is somewhere in between. I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's as bad as some of us think it is. Also, the book on the Ravens D is find your hot route and get the ball out quickly because the back end plays well, but doesn't have a lot of playmakers with ball skills back there. Peters changed that a little bit and hopefully that will continue.

I guess my only point of contention on our team sack numbers is that it's juxtaposed with a lot of metrics that say they are getting a ton of pressure. The truth is somewhere in between. I don't think it's great, but I don't think it's as bad as some of us think it is. Also, the book on the Ravens D is find your hot route and get the ball out quickly because the back end plays well, but doesn't have a lot of playmakers with ball skills back there. Peters changed that a little bit and hopefully that will continue.
    That number is a bit skewed by those pressures coming off of blitzes that leave the defense vulnerable. If guys are open they are not forcing bad throws or becoming sacks.

Peters will definitely help, QBs will think twice about throwing his way. The defense has improved this past week. A good pass rush with this secondary would make it dominant.

Why can the fans here let go of anyone

Blog Entries

Honestly, screw Sizz until he retires. He could have finished his career here and he choose not to. Enjoy the cellar in Arizona.

His comments seem like something that would be a cuttable offense.
    Let's see:

On one hand: Suggs pops off, assumedly in a private conversation and perhaps over a few too many beers, that "he’d rather steal from Arizona."

On the other: Suggs is having one of the best seasons in his illustrious career, and the Cardinals are, at present, in contention for the 2nd NFC wild card position.

There about 1% probability that the Cards would cut him.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Even if the Cards cut him, which is highly unlikely, doesn't he need to pass through waivers? No way he makes it here. Not sure what the OP is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Even if the Cards cut him, which is highly unlikely, doesn't he need to pass through waivers? No way he makes it here. Not sure what the OP is thinking.
    As a veteran of his time he doesnt go thru waivers

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    As a veteran of his time he doesnt go thru waivers

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    That’s what I was thinking too but I just researched it. After the trade deadline all players go through waivers.