Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT Josh Gordon on IR

He has never been a locker room problem to my knowledge. His demons have always been his and his alone. The entire Pats organization has had nothing but good things to say about him. Things just never really clicked on the field there.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    He has never been a locker room problem to my knowledge. His demons have always been his and his alone. The entire Pats organization has had nothing but good things to say about him. Things just never really clicked on the field there.
    He's averaging 14YPC?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Nkeal harry playing makes me irritable
    Why? He looked OK in the preseason.. if not a little green. He doesnt move the needle for me, especially after missing the first 9 games.

I'm still remembering the 2012 Josh Gordon which I know he isnt.. but he's still a more polished Miles Boykin

So he has to pass waivers. Can he refuse to sign or does he have to sign under terms of his old contract by which ever teams claims him? A player in demand could get a better contract if he has any leverage. But if his hands are tied until every team has passed him up on waivers he will never get to us.

Blog Entries

Why would Gordon have to pass through waivers when it appears that Bethel did not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    He's averaging 14YPC?
    Ok?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Why would Gordon have to pass through waivers when it appears that Bethel did not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe suspension time doesn't accrue to free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Maybe suspension time doesn't accrue to free agency?
    Yeah he really hasn’t played that much football

I am not completely positive, but I am fairly sure that a player with more than 4 years experience isn't waived. They are simply released and immediately become free agents. I don't know how many accrued seasons Gordon has, but Bethel certainly has more than four. If Gordon has more than 4 years accrued experience, then I don't think he goes through waivers.

I also think it might have something to do with the fact that he was put on IR first. I’ll try to find it, but now that yall mention it I think I saw something about how the Pats putting him on IR instead of just outright releasing him was a maneuver to make it less likely that he signs with a rival contending team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I am not completely positive, but I am fairly sure that a player with more than 4 years experience isn't waived. They are simply released and immediately become free agents. I don't know how many accrued seasons Gordon has, but Bethel certainly has more than four. If Gordon has more than 4 years accrued experience, then I don't think he goes through waivers.
    Actually, I think it has to do with when he is released. If Gordon is cut before next Tuesday's trade deadline, he doesn't have to pass through waivers. However, if he is cut after the trade deadline, he would have to pass through waivers. So, the Patriots will likely cut him after the trade deadline to lessen the chances of one of their competitors getting him.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Actually, I think it has to do with when he is released. If Gordon is cut before next Tuesday's trade deadline, he doesn't have to pass through waivers. However, if he is cut after the trade deadline, he would have to ass through waivers. So, the Patriots will likely cut him after the trade deadline to lessen the chances of one of their competitors getting him.
    Maybe that’s what I saw, they’re putting him on IR so they can free up the spot now, but wait until after the deadline to release him.