Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT Josh Gordon on IR

Well that should make things a little easier. Gordon seems surprised.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1187118297948590080

Ian Rapoport
    ‏Verified account @RapSheet
    38m38 minutes ago
    #Patriots WR Josh Gordon was placed on Injured Reserve today because of two bone bruises in his knee that he dealt with before the injury against the #Giants, sources say. His time in NE is likely over as they are moving on. He’ll be waived off IR when fully healthy.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 35m35 minutes ago

Source says Patriots WR Josh Gordon expects to be medically cleared soon, and that his knee injury is "minor". I was told he ran 22 MPH on the treadmill during a rehab session today. Once he's cleared, he hopes to be released off of IR and sign with a new team.

Last edited by boller4president; 10-23-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Re: OT Josh Gordon on IR

Probably knew this was coming. Would explain the overpay for Sanu.

N’Keal Harry will be eligible to play against us as well. Gonna be some physical ass receivers out there if he suits up.

Is it legal for the pats to do this? What if Gordon wants to play? Does he have to wait for an injury settlement once cleared?

Blog Entries

If he has to clear waivers we likely won’t get a chance at him, but I’d honestly think hard about bringing him in. He seems to have his head on straight this year and he would improve the receiver group.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Well that should make things a little easier. Gordon seems surprised.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1187118297948590080

Ian Rapoport
    ‏Verified account @RapSheet
    38m38 minutes ago
    #Patriots WR Josh Gordon was placed on Injured Reserve today because of two bone bruises in his knee that he dealt with before the injury against the #Giants, sources say. His time in NE is likely over as they are moving on. He’ll be waived off IR when fully healthy.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 35m35 minutes ago

Source says Patriots WR Josh Gordon expects to be medically cleared soon, and that his knee injury is "minor". I was told he ran 22 MPH on the treadmill during a rehab session today. Once he's cleared, he hopes to be released off of IR and sign with a new team.

I don't think they are done. Wouldn't be surprised if thy traded for Hunter Harvey or Eifert.

Wow this is a weird situation

Blog Entries

So doubt he clears waivers to us when he does get cut, but if he did should we be grabbing him? I say yes. Low salary, would have little effect of cap.

Blog Entries

The must have tried to trade Gordon first. You don't don't go through all this if you can trade the guy for even a 7th round pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Is it legal for the pats to do this? What if Gordon wants to play? Does he have to wait for an injury settlement once cleared?
    The other alternative is no injury settlement. As long as the Patriots can get a doctor to sign off on the injury being season ending they can keep him on IR. The player can challenge and get his own doctor who will say that he will be back before the end of the season. They then come up with some sort of settlement that is less than what the team would have paid him to be on IR but allows the player to become a free agent. That's the basics of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    So doubt he clears waivers to us when he does get cut, but if he did should we be grabbing him? I say yes. Low salary, would have little effect of cap.
    We have nice chemistry. Sure we could use players that can help us. Gordon is a time bomb. Belee-dat.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Probably knew this was coming. Would explain the overpay for Sanu.

N’Keal Harry will be eligible to play against us as well. Gonna be some physical ass receivers out there if he suits up.
    Nkeal harry playing makes me irritable

Yes. We should sign him. Our locker room can absorb him for 9 games