Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

A closer look at the offense through week 7

The Ravens are 5-2 and headed into the bye week.

Football Outsiders ranks the Offense:
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff/2019

#7 DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average)

#14 Passing DVOA

#1 Rushing

NFL Stats Ranks them:

#2 in Points

#2 Total Yards

#1 Rush Yards

#18 Pass Yards

........But is there anything that worries you?

How do you really feel?

Blog Entries

Re: A closer look at the offense through week 7

The passing game needs to pick it up a little, hopefully that changes with Hollywood coming back

Yes. The passing game is a worry, and is a huge worry in the red zone. I know it gets tight down there, but it seems like they don't look to make a play into the end zone.

I'd rather see them go 5 wide and give LJ some space than some of the passing plays they try out of those jumbo packages.

Over-reliance on the TEs, not being aggressive in developing Boykin, not enough targets to RBs. There is some speed, even with Marquise sidelined: but we seem more interested in congesting the field with big bodies, rather than creating space.

And the elephant on the field: our young QB getting a concussion or something.

I have these more as "concerns" than full-fledged "worries". The offense is still developing. The players are growing and we're winning games in the process. Keep getting better, even if slowly, and things will work out fine over the next few seasons.

#2 in total yards and points is awesome

All I want is to do better at avoiding turnovers

I’m gonna go with an uptick in the deep passing game and really my number one ...can we get the RBs involved? I mean in both aspects. Passing AND rushing. I know a lot of you love seeing Lamar rush for 100+ yds a game ...I don’t. We need the rbs to step up and get work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see targets distributed a little more evenly between our WRs, RBs and TEs. We need to see a few more deep shots as well. Hopefully MB's return will make that happen

9. Re: A closer look at the offense through week 7

I 'm surprised there hasn't been many pass plays to our RBs. Especially Hill. I would like to see him get the ball in space from a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I 'm surprised there hasn't been many pass plays to our RBs. Especially Hill. I would like to see him get the ball in space from a pass.
    Agreed. I thought we'd see more of hill in the flat

A lot of times the quarterback throws in the flat, it's a pretty short pass and the only reason the quarterback throws it is because the running back is a better runner than the quarterback. But with Lamar back there, it might be better to have an extra blocker or an extra guy go downfield.

That probably biases his passing stats downward, because a lot of easy throws that other quarterbacks make are runs for Lamar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    Yes. The passing game is a worry, and is a huge worry in the red zone. I know it gets tight down there, but it seems like they don't look to make a play into the end zone.

I'd rather see them go 5 wide and give LJ some space than some of the passing plays they try out of those jumbo packages.
    The Ravens are 15th in the RZ per: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ne-scoring-pct

And I the board guys did a RZ study.....I don't think they're bad in the RZ but they aren't aggressive enough imho. I'm of the mindset that once you are in the RZ or green zone you should be taking shots and throwing passes into the endzone. SO I would be all for empty set in the RZ.