Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: U.S. Jews blame Republicans more than Democrats for anti-Semitism, see far right as bigger ‘threat’ than liberals and Isl

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The use in Canada described is a perfect example because they provide no evidence that it (whatever "it" was) was intended to be derogatory
    There's no reference to the use of the term "dog whistle" being derogatory. The definition given was "a coded message communicated through words or phrases commonly understood by a particular group of people, but not by others."

Liberals think that all Republicans are racist.
    On balance I think that's not true. Liberals tend to blanch at recklessly applying that word "all" to groups of people. Witness Shas in that Colin Kaepernick thread from a couplefew weeks ago, trying desperately to find some footing that would let him believe that there are "two sides" to that issue.

It took me a long time (2 or 3 years into this administration) to understand & accept that ALL Trump supporters are either outright racist OR have made themselves comfortable with accepting a little racism as a means to get other stuff they want. It's just such an uncomfortable stance for a liberal: the urge is to find common ground, to acknowledge that the other person has a valid viewpoint too, etc etc. Viewing all of a definable group as being something derogatory, goes against every liberal impulse. Was a tough pill to swallow: I think the vast majority of "liberals" haven't gotten there yet.

(I'm deliberately, but perhaps confusingly, excluding college-age kids from the general group of liberals uncomfortable with painting groups with a broad brush. I think college-age kids tend to be idealistic and extreme; they "believe" something about "all" of a group, and then an hour later forget about it when interacting with an individual.)

So whenever a Republican says something, they automatically interpret it as racist, and expect everybody else to agree with 'em despite the glaring lack of anything remotely racist in the phrase.
    Example, please.

Re: U.S. Jews blame Republicans more than Democrats for anti-Semitism, see far right as bigger ‘threat’ than liberals and Isl

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Read what I´m saying, then try again... And yeah, mockingly using his jewish name the way he did was clearly ment as a smear. How the fuck else would you interpret it???
    And Oh yes, if you do not understand his constant dog whistling on this issue after reading these articles, then you simply don´t want to understand. You may like his policies all you like, but he´s a douche that exploits anything he can to belittle people, without regard for the larger pictuire, which most likely eludes him.
    He’s a douche who’s ‘dog whistle’ was comprised of mocking people who didn’t/don’t support Israel. I mean isn’t that how John stewart does it? Mockingly???

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    He’s a douche who’s ‘dog whistle’ was comprised of mocking people who didn’t/don’t support Israel. I mean isn’t that how John stewart does it? Mockingly???
    Are you, in any form, familiar with "context"? Then this shouldn´t be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Are you, in any form, familiar with "context"? Then this shouldn´t be too hard.
    And the context?????

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    There's no reference to the use of the term "dog whistle" being derogatory. The definition given was "a coded message communicated through words or phrases commonly understood by a particular group of people, but not by others."
    The example they used was, paraphrasing here, "... understood by those those tired of feminism, immigrants, yadda yadda yadda".

On balance I think that's not true. Liberals tend to blanch at recklessly applying that word "all" to groups of people. Witness Shas in that Colin Kaepernick thread from a couplefew weeks ago, trying desperately to find some footing that would let him believe that there are "two sides" to that issue.
    I should have said democrats, but they've co-opted the term.

It took me a long time (2 or 3 years into this administration) to understand & accept that ALL Trump supporters are either outright racist OR have made themselves comfortable with accepting a little racism as a means to get other stuff they want. It's just such an uncomfortable stance for a liberal: the urge is to find common ground, to acknowledge that the other person has a valid viewpoint too, etc etc. Viewing all of a definable group as being something derogatory, goes against every liberal impulse. Was a tough pill to swallow: I think the vast majority of "liberals" haven't gotten there yet.
    That's your bias speaking. You have never provided any evidence as to why you think Trump or his supporters are racists. I would counter any of your examples with the positive effects Trump has had on the black community such as historic low number of black unemployment, his First Step Act which is widely lauded by black leaders, and the law where he gives taxes breaks to companies investing in inner cities.

I will gladly expound upon the numerous reason I think democrats are moronic. It starts with the fact their policies are absolute shit, and actively harm minority communities. Example https://www.axios.com/income-inequal...3ad80cff5.html

(I'm deliberately, but perhaps confusingly, excluding college-age kids from the general group of liberals uncomfortable with painting groups with a broad brush. I think college-age kids tend to be idealistic and extreme; they "believe" something about "all" of a group, and then an hour later forget about it when interacting with an individual.)
    Eh, we'll talk about education in another thread, but yes, college students are generally still Id driven, loathe as I am to bring Freud into the discussion.

Example, please.
    "Make America Great Again". Okay symbol. "Heartland" is actually out there now, because there are no black farmers? "Working class". "International banks".
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

If all Republicans are racists, then all Democrats are anti-Semitic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

https://www.dailywire.com/news/anti-...inians-in-gaza
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Actually a majority of Democrats are racist. And a majority of Democrats are anti Semitic

There are no disputing these facts.

It has been proven time and time again, when a Democrat gets overly offensive with accusations, they are most often projecting

We see it with racism.
    We see it with corruption
    We saw it with Russian collisions
    With election tampering
    With rigging elections

So yes, the science is settled on this one. Democrats tend to be the racist and anti semetic party.

I really hope I'm misinterpreting what you're saying here. That this is some sort of hyperbole or parody aimed at proving some other point?

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I really hope I'm misinterpreting what you're saying here. That this is some sort of hyperbole or parody aimed at proving some other point?
    No, not at all. Straight literal fact. All Trump supporters are either outright racist themselves, or have decided to team with overt racism as a way to get other stuff they want.

By the way, this is not what I thought ca 2016. Back then I would have added a third category: idiots who are duped by the Republican lie machine. But now, 3 or so years later, Trump & Co have shown pretty conclusively who they are. Anyone who isn't seeing them clearly, is working very hard not to. That leaves just the racists and the fellow-travelers who have decided to align themselves with racism to get other things they want.

I think this says a little less than it seems to at first read. For example:

Mitch McConnell has probably done more to actively undermine the Republic than any other political figure this century. But I don't think he's racist. I don't think he gives a damn about race one way or the other. The only color Mitch sees is green. He would align himself with any ideology, in order to pass tax cuts for his donor-class buddies etc. Completely lacking in principles and utterly corrupt, yes. But racist, no.

Rabid anti-Choice voters may feel that a little racism is a necessary evil in order to get Roe v Wade overturned. Maybe they accept Trump hesitantly, and only after much prayer. It's a principled decision.

Conceivably the stict "textualist" nutjobs may be willing to accept anything to get someone like Judge Perjury on the Supreme Court.

And so forth. Undoubtedly there are factions in the coalition supporting Trump, that have to hold their nose to go along. I'm sure many are uncomfortable with the bed-fellows they've made. But they're going along.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Actually a majority of Democrats are racist. And a majority of Democrats are anti Semitic

There are no disputing these facts.

It's hard not to admire the Republican boldness in going straight for the BIG lie. No pussy-footing around with small details: just go long. Even if intercepted, you've put the opposition deep in their own territory. In the grand tradition of Swift Boaters For Truth and Willie Horton attack ads et al.

I particularly like the way you invoked the word "science". Well done.

"Make America Great Again". Okay symbol. "Heartland" is actually out there now, because there are no black farmers? "Working class". "International banks".
    Gotcha. So your argument to people who identify the dog whistles is to yell "You don't KNOW that! You can't hear it!"
    Like the teenager who tells her parents that they didn't SEE her smoking pot.

Yeah, ok.