Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hollywood Brown Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Lamar and Hollywood on the field at the same time is just poetry. Hollywood's hands are ridiculous. Wish they'd run screens with him.
    I would be surprised if that wasn't part of the game plan against New England. They know he's Jackson's favorite deep threat (for obvious reasons), so they'll take that away. Get a few 8-14 yard screens, and they'll have to creep up to the line. As soon as they do, he goes over the top. You can't shade a safety too far in his direction or Andrews will keep catching those 15-20 yard passes in the now-vacant intermediate middle.

Take what the defense gives you, until you scheme your way into forcing them to over-commit.

2. Re: Hollywood Brown Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    You talked about getting healthy. With the timing of the bye week, do you feel like you could get some of the guys that didn't play back, such as ILB Patrick Onwuasor and WR Marquise Brown and others? (David Ginsburg) “We do. We feel very confident we should have all those guys back barring a setback, so to speak, and I can't even imagine what that would be right now. So, [I'm] very optimistic that we'll be full strength coming out of the bye.”
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I would be surprised if that wasn't part of the game plan against New England. They know he's Jackson's favorite deep threat (for obvious reasons), so they'll take that away. Get a few 8-14 yard screens, and they'll have to creep up to the line. As soon as they do, he goes over the top. You can't shade a safety too far in his direction or Andrews will keep catching those 15-20 yard passes in the now-vacant intermediate middle.

Take what the defense gives you, until you scheme your way into forcing them to over-commit.
    Teams are not gaining much through the air against the Pats in general, but there's basically nothing over 20 (5/43, 1 TD, 5 INTs) and very little in 15-20 (7/21, 0 TD, 4 INTs). Overall, teams are 123/242, 1 TD, 18 INTs.

I'm very interested to see how BB decides to defend Lamar. In particular, I'm interested to see if their D finally shows some weakness.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Hollywood Brown Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Thanks!

Teams are not gaining much through the air against the Pats in general, but there's basically nothing over 20 (5/43, 1 TD, 5 INTs) and very little in 15-20 (7/21, 0 TD, 4 INTs). Overall, teams are 123/242, 1 TD, 18 INTs.

I'm very interested to see how BB decides to defend Lamar. In particular, I'm interested to see if their D finally shows some weakness.
    Look at who the Patriots have played, not just how they have performed defensively.

Dolphins, Jets (twice), Giants, Steelers (still had Roethlisberger), Redskins, and Bills. That's 5 games against 4 of the 5 worst passing offenses in the NFL, 6 against the bottom 10, and 7 against the bottom 12. Sure, they're a good defensive team (they almost always are), but this graph doesn't tell you everything.

The Bills put up 280 yards against them in the air (nearly double the season average for the Patriots). The problem was Josh Allen threw three interceptions and Matt Barkley threw one more. That's also nearly a quarter of the total interceptions by the Patriots through 7 games.

It's not that the Patriots aren't good, it's that they haven't faced a good offense yet. We'll find out what's real and what isn't in 10 days.