Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Blog Entries

Re: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I’ve smoked regularly since I was 16 and I have held a job since I graduated college...and just recently got promoted to VP in my company. The pot smokers are lazy narrative is so old. Theres nothing wrong with someone coming home and smoking a bowl to destress or help with pain or hell just to get baked and have fun with friends. It’s a hell of a lot safer than getting wasted drinking alcohol and no hangover.
    Different strokes for different folks. Just because weed doesn't make you lazy doesn't mean it doesn't do that to others.

Back when I was a pot head I was waaaaay more lazier than I am now and lacked a lot of ambition. Part of the reason I smoked it, I liked to chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I can tell you first hand it is.
    Not according to Doctors my friend. As an added bonus to my daughter going to rehab for Heroin .....the Mrs and I got a weekend education on drugs and their effects on the body. Amazing what $50,000 will buy you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I can tell you first hand that pot isn’t a “gateway drug”. Lol. CBD affects different areas of the brain. Different receptors.

Ironically guess what legal drug stimulates the exact same receptors as Heroin and other opioids........Nicotine! That’s right. Good ole cigs. And now vaping is the coolest thing in the world! Gee I wonder why?

Ah but CBD isn’t the issue is it??? It’s THC. That’s where many of the pot supporters reveal themselves. They are not pushing for pot to be legal for medicinal reasons, cause really they could just promote CBD and promote it as an oral drug. Nope, they really want it for the high of the thc and are hiding behind ‘medicinal reasons’ to legalize it.

Blog Entries

Not according to Doctors my friend. As an added bonus to my daughter going to rehab for Heroin .....the Mrs and I got a weekend education on drugs and their effects on the body. Amazing what $50,000 will buy you.

What are the doctors saying?

What are the doctors saying?
    Pot affects different receptors in the brain than an opioid like Heroin would. The receptors that THC and CBD affect don’t usually lead to an “addictive high”. It’s kinda like alcohol...while you get high most don’t seek a “higher high”. And usually the amount you need to get high will reach a peak and not keep increasing.
    With opioids the amount you take to get high keeps increasing. You chase it. Which usually leads to you seeking out “better” drugs to get high. Cole, Heroin, Meth all make you chase

Blog Entries

Pot affects different receptors in the brain than an opioid like Heroin would. The receptors that THC and CBD affect don’t usually lead to an “addictive high”. It’s kinda like alcohol...while you get high most don’t seek a “higher high”. And usually the amount you need to get high will reach a peak and not keep increasing.
    With opioids the amount you take to get high keeps increasing. You chase it. Which usually leads to you seeking out “better” drugs to get high. Cole, Heroin, Meth all make you chase

That's not what I mean by gateway drug. It's the drug that is the least dangerous to try and thus most likely to be used or the first one to try. Once you start getting used to taking something for a feeling you enjoy, you're willing to take risk on what else you'll try to get a different or better high.

We could apply this concept to a lot of other areas of life and I think it would show you it's true. Think about driving fast in a car as a teenager. You know (or should based on training) that it's dangerous, so at first you break the speed limit and it wasn't that bad, so next you go a little faster and on and on it goes.

That's not what I mean by gateway drug. It's the drug that is the least dangerous to try and thus most likely to be used or the first one to try. Once you start getting used to taking something for a feeling you enjoy, you're willing to take risk on what else you'll try to get a different or better high.

We could apply this concept to a lot of other areas of life and I think it would show you it's true. Think about driving fast in a car as a teenager. You know (or should based on training) that it's dangerous, so at first you break the speed limit and it wasn't that bad, so next you go a little faster and on and on it goes.
    This holds true with me.

I smoked pot in college. Once I graduated, I wanted to up the ante. In the 3 months after I graduated college...I tried shrooms, coke and ecstasy (not all at once, lol), and...I 100% GET why people get hooked on this shit. It was super fun. Did I enjoy my experience on them? Yes. Did I do any of it again? Nope.

By your definition of "gateway drug,"...yeah, it definitely was for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This holds true with me.

I smoked pot in college. Once I graduated, I wanted to up the ante. In the 3 months after I graduated college...I tried shrooms, coke and ecstasy (not all at once, lol), and...I 100% GET why people get hooked on this shit. It was super fun. Did I enjoy my experience on them? Yes. Did I do any of it again? Nope.

By your definition of "gateway drug,"...yeah, it definitely was for me.
    Same for me but mine started at 14 and replace ecstasy ( I was always afraid off pills, they could be anything)with LSD.

Pretty much everyone I know that has smoked weed has done other things and their pot dealers all sell different things too.

10. Re: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Pretty much everyone I know that has smoked weed has done other things and their pot dealers all sell different things too.
    When are you going to start a thread advocating the criminalization of all alcohol sales in the country? Never mind....I know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    When are you going to start a thread advocating the criminalization of all alcohol sales in the country? Never mind....I know the answer.
    I don't get where or why the legality of weed even became a discussion here. I thought the premise was simple:

Weed is bad for the human body. Prove me wrong?

See what you guys are describing is normal experimenting. I’m sure most is not all if you drank before you tried any drug. Once you got the “beer high” the next natural step is pot. Then maybe you try coke. Or some shrooms or maybe Acid ( if you’re old like me ) or some Molly ( Ecstasy). But that’s where you stopped. I doubt you know many who went to Crack , Heroin , or Meth. You weren’t “chasing a high”. Just trying differently feelings. This is normal human behavior.

If you progress to hard drugs you have a problem. Heroin , Meth and Crack dig in. Your body needs it. And you have to do more and more to chase that high. That’s a “Gateway drug”. You did coke and liked it but now you wanna be higher. Longer. More.

I’m my experience, not one person was at rehab for pot addiction. Not one. In every AA/NA meeting I’ve attended ...not one person stood and said “I’ve been clean of pot for X amount of time “. Ever. Aside from the Fed Gov trying to figure out how to tax it ..weed is safer for you than Alcohol. In 46 yrs of living I’ve never met a violent pothead. I know plenty of asshole , violent drunks.