Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Marijuana

Is bad. Prove me wrong.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Blog Entries

Re: Marijuana

If you don’t want to consume, that is you choice. Leaves more for me

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If you don’t want to consume, that is you choice. Leaves more for me
    Unfortunately there is an abundance regardless; Lol.

17 year old weed smoking culex:

28 year old non-weed smoking culex

I can't partake due to my job, but would if I could. Definitely think it should be available to pro athletes, especially for pain management. Really just see no reason for it to be illegal.

#LegalizeIt

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I can't partake due to my job, but would if I could. Definitely think it should be available to pro athletes, especially for pain management. Really just see no reason for it to be illegal.

#LegalizeIt

I think the jets played SNF last night 100% stoned

Last year, a large review from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine assessed more than 10,000 scientific studies on the medical benefits and adverse effects of marijuana.

One area that the report looked closely at was the use of medical marijuana to treat chronic pain. Chronic pain is a leading cause of disability, affecting more than 25 million adultsTrusted Source in the U.S.

The review found that marijuana, or products containing cannabinoids — which are the active ingredients in marijuana, or other compounds that act on the same receptors in the brain as marijuana — are effective at relieving chronic pain.
    -----
    The review published in Clinical Psychology Review assessed all published scientific literature that investigated the use of marijuana to treat symptoms of mental illness.

Evidence to date suggests that marijuana could help to treat some mental health conditions.
    Its authors found some evidence supporting the use of marijuana to relieve depression and post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms.
    -----
    Evidence suggests that oral cannabinoids are effective against nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, and some small studies have found that smoked marijuana may also help to alleviate these symptoms.
    -----
    The short-term use of oral cannabinoids may improve symptoms of spasticity among people with multiple sclerosis
    -----
    A study published in 2017 found that the use of CBD resulted in far fewer seizures among children with Dravet syndrome, compared with a placebo.

Dravet syndrome seizures are prolonged, repetitive, and potentially lethal. In fact, 1 in 5 children with Dravet syndrome do not reach the age of 20 years.

In the study, 120 children and teenagers with Dravet syndrome, all of whom were aged between 2 and 18, were randomly assigned to receive an oral CBD solution or a placebo for 14 weeks, along with their usual medication.

The researchers found that the children who received the CBD solution went from having around 12 seizures per month to an average of six seizures per month. Three children receiving CBD did not experience any seizures at all.
    -----

There's more, but I need to get back to work. The biggest benefits demonstrated so far are regarding chronic pain, chemotherapy, and depression. The biggest adverse side effects tend to be related to smoking, and specific ways growers breed their plants--both things that will be reduced if the industry is legalized and heavily regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    28 year old non-weed smoking culex

Damn fake Culex, you look like a giant fucking tool lolol. Racing stripes on the jacket to match your car is pretty hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Last year, a large review from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine assessed more than 10,000 scientific studies on the medical benefits and adverse effects of marijuana.

One area that the report looked closely at was the use of medical marijuana to treat chronic pain. Chronic pain is a leading cause of disability, affecting more than 25 million adultsTrusted Source in the U.S.

The review found that marijuana, or products containing cannabinoids — which are the active ingredients in marijuana, or other compounds that act on the same receptors in the brain as marijuana — are effective at relieving chronic pain.
    -----
    The review published in Clinical Psychology Review assessed all published scientific literature that investigated the use of marijuana to treat symptoms of mental illness.

Evidence to date suggests that marijuana could help to treat some mental health conditions.
    Its authors found some evidence supporting the use of marijuana to relieve depression and post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms.
    -----
    Evidence suggests that oral cannabinoids are effective against nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, and some small studies have found that smoked marijuana may also help to alleviate these symptoms.
    -----
    The short-term use of oral cannabinoids may improve symptoms of spasticity among people with multiple sclerosis
    -----
    A study published in 2017 found that the use of CBD resulted in far fewer seizures among children with Dravet syndrome, compared with a placebo.

Dravet syndrome seizures are prolonged, repetitive, and potentially lethal. In fact, 1 in 5 children with Dravet syndrome do not reach the age of 20 years.

In the study, 120 children and teenagers with Dravet syndrome, all of whom were aged between 2 and 18, were randomly assigned to receive an oral CBD solution or a placebo for 14 weeks, along with their usual medication.

The researchers found that the children who received the CBD solution went from having around 12 seizures per month to an average of six seizures per month. Three children receiving CBD did not experience any seizures at all.
    -----

There's more, but I need to get back to work. The biggest benefits demonstrated so far are regarding chronic pain, chemotherapy, and depression. The biggest adverse side effects tend to be related to smoking, and specific ways growers breed their plants--both things that will be reduced if the industry is legalized and heavily regulated.
    Here's the thing: what percentage of marijuana users actually use it for medicinal purposes? Most drugs are going to help you in some way medically. Heard of steroids? They still shouldn't be abused because there are long term as well as short term effects in some.

Here's the thing: what percentage of marijuana users actually use it for medicinal purposes? Most drugs are going to help you in some way medically. Heard of steroids? They still shouldn't be abused because there are long term as well as short term effects in some.
    Here's the thing: why do you care what others do? I hate that so many Americans eat like crap daily and end up with health problems. But that's their life to do what they want.

And to your weed smokers are lazy schtick... most of my friends (and husband) partake and they're all doing pretty well in their careers/life.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Here's the thing: why do you care what others do? I hate that so many Americans eat like crap daily and end up with health problems. But that's their life to do what they want.

And to your weed smokers are lazy schtick... most of my friends (and husband) partake and they're all doing pretty well in their careers/life.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...otivation.html

On the contrary

Sure, it can cause that, but if you're responsible about it (i.e., do it after work to destress as you would with a glass of wine), who cares?