Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Face it! We can beat the Pats!

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    I'll be rooting for you, no matter what consequences it will have for the division. I don't want to see the Patriots go 19-0. I've already accepted that they have a big chance to win the SB again, but I don't want to see them go undefeated and I think you guys have the best shot to prevent that.
    Thanks dude! Means a lot coming out of Steeltown.

Does anybody else see this thread title, and think to themselves:

We can beat the Pats! We can beat the Paa-aats!
    Live is very short
    And there's no tiii-iii-iii-iii-iiiiime
    For fussing and fighting my friends...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Does anybody else see this thread title, and think to themselves:

We can beat the Pats! We can beat the Paa-aats!
    Live is very short
    And there's no tiii-iii-iii-iii-iiiiime
    For fussing and fighting my friends...
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I watched the Bills Patriots game last night and they had some nasty schemes to keep Josh Allen in the pocket. I love Lamar, but I think this will be a rough game for him and the WRs. Expect to see a lot of Man to Man.
    I hope you're right about the Pats playing heavy man-to-man, because that means their backs will often be turned to the QB.

It's hard enough to catch Lamar when you can see him!

If you can't even see him start running... Lamar is gone!

The Patriots haven't actually played anybody worthy and they almost lost to the bills

Blog Entries

Bill will know our tendencies better then any team we face. We better not play WYSIWYG offense. Gotta have tendency breakers.

Lamar gets to his next progression read better then most rookies and even better then some starting QBs the Pats will test that by taking away the 1st read....bye bye Andrews and Marquise.

Our offense matches up quite well with their defense because we can run it really well and stay away from that scary secondary but, unfortunately, our lack of pass rush will give Brady all day to throw and he can carve us up that way.

I hope people don't come out of this game calling our secondary trash because we'll inevitably give up a lot of yards under the circumstances and look bad at times.

I'm more scared of KC still than I am of NE, we match up much better.

Will I be surprised if they beat us? No. But this is a winnable game if everybody does their job and we show up ready to grind out a W.

The Patriots have played 4 of the 5 worst offenses in the NFL. The Giants are the 10th worst, and the Bills are 17th (by definition, mediocre). The Ravens are the second highest scoring team in the league (only trailing New England), and the best run team by over 30 yards a game (and Lamar is about half of the total).

The run game is on a ridiculous pace - continuing the current average, we will finish with over 3,200 yards rushing as a team. Plus another 3,700 passing - about 6,900 total yards of offense. For perspective, that would be top 5* in pro football history.

The 2019 New England defense has not been properly battle tested. We just took out Seattle, and we're getting reinforcements. I like our chances at home after a bye.

*edited - NFL doesn't update their all time numbers nearly frequently enough.
    Last edited by cvilleRaven; 10-24-2019 at 10:48 AM.

I just saw how proud Van Noy looked regarding Darnolds ghosts comment. They're perfectly set up to get humbled

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The Patriots haven't actually played anybody worthy and they almost lost to the bills
    Not sure we can really pin that line on another team because that is what was said of the Ravens prior to Seattle and almost getting beat by a 3rd string Steelers QB.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Face it! We can beat the Pats!

Brian Billick regarding a team (the Titans) that were supposed to beat his Ravens, but lost to us instead said, “Maybe they are (the better team)...but not today!”

Let's hope Harbaugh can say the same in two weeks... Bc