Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Biggest challenge vs the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    And the Pats just signed Bethel. Making our challenge even harder if Belicheck knows our playbook.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Honest question, no accusations:

How do teams make sure their playbooks are secure? Especially since many of them are electronic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think the Pats will try to:
    -stop the run game to include read-option
    -test the blitz pick
    -test the ability to recognize disguised zone coverages
    -test the ability to beat press man

Can’t wait to see what bb does

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Honest question, no accusations:

How do teams make sure their playbooks are secure? Especially since many of them are electronic?

If the Ravens were smart they would use the bye week to change a bunch of shit. Use the Pat's new found knowledge against them.

The biggest challenge is whatever bellicheck comes up with for this game. I just hope Harbaugh doesn't get cute and try to outsmart bellicheck

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Apparently Harbs gave them the whole week off.
    Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Thats what he typically does if they win before the bye.
    I think it's the rules during the bye. Under the CBA, players must have at least 3 consec days off during the bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    The biggest challenge is whatever bellicheck comes up with for this game. I just hope Harbaugh doesn't get cute and try to outsmart bellicheck
    Taking a step further, the biggest challenge will be adjusting to whatever BB adjustments make at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Also we did like a 9 minute drive in the 4th to run clock.
    Between the 3rd & 4th Qs in Seattle, we burned about an entire quarter of play (14+ mins) over two drives. A TD and a FG.

I have little doubt NE will be playing a ton of Nickel and Dime defenses to try and get guys that are faster to help contain Lamar's running.

Gonna have to get it done between the tackles too with the running backs...can't be relying on Lamar to get the vast majority of yardage, I have a feeling Hoodie will do a respectable job of containing his designed runs. Also we need to get into manageable 3rd downs...I know I've read so many people say they aren't impressed with the Pats D, but anytime any team can consistently play cover 0 and not get burned, it's impressive in this day and time of the passing NFL. Don't want free rushers having to speed up Lamar's clock.

Control the clock, run the ball, get into manageable down and distances when we have to throw and I think we'll be ok. I think our defense can do an ok job against them...they are going to score, but if we can score TD's instead of FG's on offense, stay out of bad down and distance situations, I think we can score enough to win.

This game will say even more than Seattle did...NE is running roughshod over the NFL and a win will go a long way for our guys.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think it's the rules during the bye. Under the CBA, players must have at least 3 consec days off during the bye week.
    They’re supposed to get off from Tues or Wednesday through the week but he gave them the whole week.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I think the Pats will try to:
    -stop the run game to include read-option
    -test the blitz pick
    -test the ability to recognize disguised zone coverages
    -test the ability to beat press man
    Agree.

Pretty simple. The receivers are going to have to beat man and press coverage, and Lamar is going to have to have his “A” game throwing wise - and reading zone coverage.I might, if I’m the Ravens, come out in a heavy package and try to run it down there throats for a series at least. I’d Really wanna find out how good that defense truly is.

On D, there can be no miscommunication in the back end - you know the Pats will test that, and see if they can get the DB’s to bite on a move or 2.

Greatest challenges?

Bellichik's brain. No one in the NFL is smarter. He'll figure out our O.
    Brady's arm (and brain). With no pass rush bothering him, he'll dink and dunk us to death.
    Discipline. The Pats' D will execute a solid D plan. Stop Mandrew and Hollywood. Reduce LJ's running to an acceptable level. Let Ingram and Bus try to win the game.

HOPING devoutly that I'm wrong.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.