Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Biggest challenge vs the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hot, I understand the logic, but I am a simple man, so : in 7 NFL games the Patriots defense has given up 48 points! That is approx. 7 points per. I don't care if it was against the Little Sister of the Poor, that is a pretty remarkable feat. The Steelers did score 24 vs the Chargers, the Giants scored 32 vs the Bucs, the Jets scored 24 vs the Cowboys, and the Bills have scored 14 or more points in their 5 wins. Those are just examples of how any team can score. Meanwhile the points against the Pats have been 3, 0, 14, 10, 7, 14, 0 (two shutouts). Maybe not the '85 Bears or 2000 Ravens, but I'm impressed... Bc
    I don't know Bc. I watched that abomination last night, and if the Jets were playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, I'd take the Sisters and lay the points.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    We didnt have 20 offensive pts versus the Seahawks. So I think that will be a challenge vs the Pats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I know but that was also a wet road game. And I would guess that our offense had fewer drives because of the turnovers generated by our defense that ended up going for scores.

Blog Entries

Brady was dropping dimes last night, just perfect spirals
    Albeit against minimal pass rush but he looks great

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    So you're saying we should expect him to drop dimes against us too.

5. Re: Biggest challenge vs the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Hence our challenge, with our limited pass rush is Brady the bigger threat or their defense?

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Biggest challenge vs the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I don't know Bc. I watched that abomination last night, and if the Jets were playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, I'd take the Sisters and lay the points.
    yeah after last night's devastation in New York (actually New Jersey) you may be right... Bc

Well the 24 hrs for the players to celebrate the Seattle win is over. Question do you think their biggest challenge is:

- stopping Brady and their offense
    - scoring on their defense.

Some interesting stats on their defense through 7 games.

223.8 yards allowed per game.

For reference through 7 games, the 85 Bears avg 315 yards p/game and the 2000 Ravens allowed 259.9 yards p/game.

Out of 7 games, only 3 teams have scored offensive TDs.

For me, Im not too concerned with trying to stop Brady. Our biggest challenge will be scoring. We've struggled in the redzone vs average defenses. They need to finish vs this defense.

NE has been playing lights out, especially on defense. This is the best I ever remember seeing a NE defense play. For years they had a mediocre defense. Not the worst in the NFL, but not great either.

But if you look at their schedule...who have they really beaten? The best team they've played is the Buffalo Bills. They've beaten up on a lot of crappy teams which is what people were saying about us before we went into Seattle and knocked off the Seahawks. They play the Browns at home next week, that will be an interesting game to watch. Playing us at home will be their most difficult game so far on their schedule. They haven't played a team with a winning record since Week 4 and won't again until they play us. They haven't played against a QB like Lamar Jackson who will be coming off of a bye week and looking to knock off an unbeaten team (no, I don't see the Browns beating NE at home...even though I expect a competitive game).

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Statistically, their defense has been impressive, but I think a lot of teams would have impressive defensive stats when playing the:

Jets x2 (T-last points/32nd in yards)
    Bills (22nd points/17th yards)
    Dolphins (T-last points/31st yards)
    Redskins (30th points/29th yards)
    Giants (25th points/24th yards)
    Steelers (21st points/28th yards)

I understand that SOME of the reason why all these teams (except the Bills) suck offensively was because they all played the Patriots. However, it's still pretty staggering that all seven wins have come against teams in the bottom 12 in points and six of the seven wins have come against teams in the bottom 8 in yards gained.

The Pats were giftwrapped 6-7 wins before the season even started with Dolphins x2, Jets x2, Bungles, Giants, Redskins.

Ravens are 2nd in points and 2nd in yards gained. Reading that this late into the season almost seems like a misprint!
    I agree. Teams play who they play during their season schedules, but the only team the Patriots played so far on their cream-puff schedule that is a good/decent team are the Bills. I am not negating the fact that the Patriots defense appears to be one of the best in the league, but I personally want to see them go up against stiffer competition other than the likes of the Deadskins, Giants, Dolphins, and Jets before deeming them the greatest off all time despite their statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Eh, the Seahawks tried this with the best MLB in football and it didn't work.

I think they'll put Gilmore on Brown and bracket Andrews. Someone else is going to have to step up or LJ is going to have to do it himself again.

I think it's a low scoring game that could go either way. I don't see their offense having a ton of success against our defense given we are back to full strength at CB and especially if we can land a pass rusher between now and then.
    Landing that pass rusher is vital for the Ravens.
    Let Lamar loose again and not force any throws against their D.
    Pats haven't seen anything like Lamar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The Patriots D is good, but not THAT good. They have faced the Steelers, Dolphins, Jets (x2), Giants, Redskins, and Bills. For those keeping score at home, those offenses are ranked 17, 21, 24, 28, 31, and 32. You play who's on your schedule, but people acting like the Pats are the '85 Bears are pretty delusional.

So I am much more worried about Brady. Zero pass rush, and now without McPhee. We could definitely get paper-cut to death in this game.
    That's the first thing I was thinking too. Schedule is skewing these numbers.

Well the 24 hrs for the players to celebrate the Seattle win is over. Question do you think their biggest challenge is:

- stopping Brady and their offense
    - scoring on their defense.

Some interesting stats on their defense through 7 games.

223.8 yards allowed per game.

For reference through 7 games, the 85 Bears avg 315 yards p/game and the 2000 Ravens allowed 259.9 yards p/game.

Out of 7 games, only 3 teams have scored offensive TDs.

For me, Im not too concerned with trying to stop Brady. Our biggest challenge will be scoring. We've struggled in the redzone vs average defenses. They need to finish vs this defense.

check out the teams and the QBs they have played...

Since week 2
    Ryan Fitz/Josh Rosen
    Luke Falk
    Josh Allen
    Colt McCoy
    Daniel Jones
    Sam Darnold

next week
    Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Pats haven't seen anything like Lamar
    That is for sure. But I am certain they will be one of the most prepared teams to deal with Lamar. I can see them taking notes from the Browns game this year, KC, and the Chargers last year forcing Lamar to beat them with his arm, all the while playing man coverage.

It is IMO Baltimore's best interest to focus getting the run game going, throwing in play action passing, and getting to Brady.