Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: OT: Sanu to the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    WNCR, not if they win another Super Bowl and Sanu contributes to their 2019/20 success.
    It wouldn't be like sending Boldin out of Baltimore... Bc
    We talkin bout Tom Brady not Sanu

It'd be like Johnny Unitas leaving the Colts

If Brady went to another team I think it would hurt his brand. Plus at this age, without Belichick's perfect for him scheme, I think those "Brady was never good" people would probably get some fuel on their fire.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Teams are going to take their shots when the opportunity presents itself. It's such a win now league, and there is so much parity and change from year to year, if you don't go for it when you see the window open, it could slam shut and you may not get back again. Just look at the Falcons.

Whoever said being able to trade comp picks has something to do with it, I think that is correct as well.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Teams are going to take their shots when the opportunity presents itself. It's such a win now league, and there is so much parity and change from year to year, if you don't go for it when you see the window open, it could slam shut and you may not get back again. Just look at the Falcons.

Whoever said being able to trade comp picks has something to do with it, I think that is correct as well.
    This is really true. Recently we've had one year wonders such as the Jaguars and the Panthers as well. We definitely need to make a run this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This is really true. Recently we've had one year wonders such as the Jaguars and the Panthers as well. We definitely need to make a run this year.
    There are one year wonders, but there are also perennial contenders. We have an opportunity to have a long window. That's what really gives you a decent chance to win a Super Bowl. I'd much rather do that.

It's very possible that we field strong teams 2019-2022. After that it will get more challenging (not impossible, just harder), but even a 4 year window gives us a solid chance at a SB.

Brady is a year older next year, Mahomes can't possibly get much better than he already is (I hope), but Jackson has upside to get better. We have so many young pieces on our offense that can improve, and a number of opportunities to improve our defense going forward. I think the arrow is pointing up for us in the coming years as much as it is for any AFC team. I suspect the Ravens feel the same way and are going to preserve their draft capital.

The players we have added have been unsigned guys and 1 trade costing only a late pick that we could actually end up upgrading with a comp pick. The fact that we were willing to release Bethel to protect another comp pick tells me the team is still playing the long game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    There are one year wonders, but there are also perennial contenders. We have an opportunity to have a long window. That's what really gives you a decent chance to win a Super Bowl. I'd much rather do that.

It's very possible that we field strong teams 2019-2022. After that it will get more challenging (not impossible, just harder), but even a 4 year window gives us a solid chance at a SB.

Brady is a year older next year, Mahomes can't possibly get much better than he already is (I hope), but Jackson has upside to get better. We have so many young pieces on our offense that can improve, and a number of opportunities to improve our defense going forward. I think the arrow is pointing up for us in the coming years as much as it is for any AFC team. I suspect the Ravens feel the same way and are going to preserve their draft capital.

The players we have added have been unsigned guys and 1 trade costing only a late pick that we could actually end up upgrading with a comp pick. The fact that we were willing to release Bethel to protect another comp pick tells me the team is still playing the long game.
    A couple years ago when the Jags had that #1 defense I bet they thought they were perennial contenders. I mean everyone came back. Bouye, Ngakoue, Ramsey, etc. And yet, they weren't. You have to win when you can. I want to be a perennial contender too, but the fact is we might not be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    We talkin bout Tom Brady not Sanu

It'd be like Johnny Unitas leaving the Colts
    OK, then here's something that may interest you :

Tom Brady: I don’t know what the future holds
    Posted by Josh Alper on October 23, 2019, 8:21 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-future-holds/

"Adam Schefter of ESPN noted that Tom Brady‘s contract is up after the 2019 season and that he’s put his house in Massachusetts up for sale.

Schefter went on to say that Brady is “setting it up to move on,” although there’s nothing close to certain about what Brady plans to do at this point. "

... Bc

A couple years ago when the Jags had that #1 defense I bet they thought they were perennial contenders. I mean everyone came back. Bouye, Ngakoue, Ramsey, etc. And yet, they weren't. You have to win when you can. I want to be a perennial contender too, but the fact is we might not be.
    I think defense first teams tend to experience bigger ups and downs. Our great defensive teams pre-Flacco we're basically bouncing back and forth between playoff seasons and mediocre seasons. We have a good QB on a rookie contract, which can provide some stability.

I agree that there's risk that the future might not turn out the way you think, but there's also risk in selling out your future to improve your odds in just one season. Nothing we do before the trade deadline will even get us close to a 50/50 chance of winning a Super Bowl. To me the bigger risk is in selling out future assets for a marginal increase in the chance of winning a championship this year.

Yet another example of a player not being worth what we think they're worth. A 2nd for Sanu is ridiculous.
    Doesn't he have the highest catch rate in the league lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    OK, then here's something that may interest you :

Tom Brady: I don’t know what the future holds
    Posted by Josh Alper on October 23, 2019, 8:21 AM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-future-holds/

"Adam Schefter of ESPN noted that Tom Brady‘s contract is up after the 2019 season and that he’s put his house in Massachusetts up for sale.

Schefter went on to say that Brady is “setting it up to move on,” although there’s nothing close to certain about what Brady plans to do at this point. "

... Bc
    The one team Brady would leave for would be the 49ers. That's his hometown team and Montana is his idol. He's hinted in the past that he'd love to play there. Obviously that isn't happening.

What else would it take to get Brady? Some sort of package deal where McDaniels becomes the head coach and Brady the QB? A team that already looks close that he could put over the top like the Cowboys or Saints? Is there any situation where a team could lure Brady for a year or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Doesn't he have the highest catch rate in the league lol
    Pull one stat out of thin air with no context. Cool.

I can do that too. He's never had a 1,000 yard season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The one team Brady would leave for would be the 49ers. That's his hometown team and Montana is his idol. He's hinted in the past that he'd love to play there. Obviously that isn't happening.
    According to Spotrac, SF can get out of Jimmy Garoppolo's contract with minimal impact (says 4M in dead cap) after this year. The team is undefeated but they owe that more to their defense than anything he's doing. I still think it's very unlikely that Brady actually leaves NE, but if he did, SF seems like the logical destination.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52