Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Is It Worth Money/Picks to Go After Super Bowl This Year?

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Depends on the money/picks. We have a window that should stay open for a long ass time. So I don’t want to sacrifice that for one shot.

But we KNOW it’s open now. So I don’t want to sit on our hands either. Kinda apples to oranges, but the Celtics had a really good team AND a ton of assets. But never bothered trying to cash in their assets to go from good to great. They tried to have their cake and eat it too, and now they’ve lost Kyrie and lost Horford and their window looks closed already. Shit can turn in an instant. So let’s be aggressive, just don’t give up the farm.
    That was all on ainge. Greedy mofo thought he could wait out Anthony Davis and it failed.

The times probably now. The young players will get paid but most of them won’t be by the ravens. A host of other vets will be gone after this year. Other teams will be better. It’s time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    If the FO thinks he’s worth it then pay him and let Judon walk.

The ravens May have to do this now. There’s only so many years Lamar will be at his peak as a dual threat at a bargain rate.

I'd try to keep Judon as well, can't keep letting corner stones of the D go, but obviously depends on cost. I think if we cut and Jefferson we would have 81m in cap space but would need to sign a lot of players.

Resign Judon and peters. Trade for Ngoukue and sign him long term.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I'd try to keep Judon as well, can't keep letting corner stones of the D go, but obviously depends on cost. I think if we cut and Jefferson we would have 81m in cap space but would need to sign a lot of players.

Resign Judon and peters. Trade for Ngoukue and sign him long term.

I’m not sure that Judon is one of the cornerstones of the defense. He is a good complimentary player, so that would have to be as you stated a right price situation.

Does anyone know how well Ngoukue plays the run? The Ravens expect their OLBs yo set the edge and bring the rush. Ngoukue can bring the rush, but is he a liability on run defense? The Jags aren’t going to keep him and he isn’t signed after this year, so I can’t imagine that he would cost more than a 4th round pick to get.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I’m not sure that Judon is one of the cornerstones of the defense. He is a good complimentary player, so that would have to be as you stated a right price situation.

Does anyone know how well Ngoukue plays the run? The Ravens expect their OLBs yo set the edge and bring the rush. Ngoukue can bring the rush, but is he a liability on run defense? The Jags aren’t going to keep him and he isn’t signed after this year, so I can’t imagine that he would cost more than a 4th round pick to get.

Yea I get you on Judon not really being a cornerstone guy in the sense, but if we let him walk it'd just another position we have to replace, I haven't looked at free agents yet though so not sure who is out there.

As far as Yannicks run play I'm not sure, but I know he makes us better.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Dirty (to usmccharles ), I happen to agree. Judon may be an important piece of our defensive puzzle, but that's because of our currect deficient pass rush. I don't think he's a player worthy of a "Za'Smith-like" or better $ contract... Bc

If they traded for Yannick and tried to lock him down long term I would rather them invest some of their other FA cash in a player like Clowney instead of Judon.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    That was all on ainge. Greedy mofo thought he could wait out Anthony Davis and it failed.

The times probably now. The young players will get paid but most of them won’t be by the ravens. A host of other vets will be gone after this year. Other teams will be better. It’s time.

This is exactly why I started this thread. We don't even know if LJ gets injured next season and the whole thing then blows up. You have to play the hot hand now.

Not until Brady retires or looks human

Don’t wait to do later what you can do now. Nothing is a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    You can't run scared like that. We have the corners to compete and need pass rush. That's how you beat Brady

Blog Entries

The NFL is a year to year league. There are too many uncertainties with player/coach movement and injuries that it isn’t feasible to undergo a multi-year building plan. You have to draft well and plug holes with free agents and trades. I am just surprised that the Ravens FO didn’t do a better job of evaluating their own talent this off-season.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Brady looks very human this year.

The patriots defense does not.