Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Passion Reignited

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I just wish the fan-base was so energized someone would buy my tickets. Just not able to go to the games anymore. The struggle to sell my tickets continues on
    Are you selling them at face? If so that might be a problem, people normally take a bit of a loss when selling them.

Don’t you want to laugh at the jabronis they sold their psls at all time lows lol

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Don’t you want to laugh at the jabronis they sold their psls at all time lows lol
    Ehhhhh who knows. I'm not sure the PSL values will EVER go back up. Live stadium NFL experience demand is at an all time low. Look at the number of empty seats each week. It is what it is. They have made the TV experience too good, and I don't think the modern generations care as much about the in person, high-fiving-people-you-don't-know experience.

I tried to sell mine in 501 and couldn't find takers. Maybe in the next offseason or 2 I'll find a taker at a decent price, but I think the market has bottomed out quasi-permanently. PSL's are a racket. I should have sold high in 2013/2014. Wouldn't mean I wouldn't attend games, I just wouldn't have consistent seating.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Ehhhhh who knows. I'm not sure the PSL values will EVER go back up. Live stadium NFL experience demand is at an all time low. Look at the number of empty seats each week. It is what it is. They have made the TV experience too good, and I don't think the modern generations care as much about the in person, high-fiving-people-you-don't-know experience.

I tried to sell mine in 501 and couldn't find takers. Maybe in the next offseason or 2 I'll find a taker at a decent price, but I think the market has bottomed out quasi-permanently. PSL's are a racket. I should have sold high in 2013/2014. Wouldn't mean I wouldn't attend games, I just wouldn't have consistent seating.
    Studies show that younger people prefer live experience than TV, but would rather move around and not be in the same spot every game/performance.

My family has owned PSL's since '96 and I couldn't be happier. I love seeing the same faces every week and becoming friends with the people that have sat around us for years. We also attend just about every game, so the hassle of selling isn't something we have to deal with.

The Ravens have made a big marketing push for selling single game tickets the last couple years. That's fine, but I think they should really make a push to get people to buy PSL's. When you rely on single game ticket sales, you'll get what we saw against CLE and what we'll see against NE next week, where it's a packed house and the place is jumping, but then also games like CIN where there were a few more empties and the atmosphere is dull. With all that said, I think there needs to be some added benefits to PSL's. Aside from priority for tickets, there really isn't anything that we get in terms of GAMEDAY (Yes the yearbook and game pass). I think something big (aside from a slash in prices) would be big for a lot of younger people that would like to have tickets for the season. I'm going to make a thread about this sometime soon because I'd love to hear other opinions.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

5. Re: Passion Reignited

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Studies show that younger people prefer live experience than TV, but would rather move around and not be in the same spot every game/performance.

My family has owned PSL's since '96 and I couldn't be happier. I love seeing the same faces every week and becoming friends with the people that have sat around us for years. We also attend just about every game, so the hassle of selling isn't something we have to deal with.

The Ravens have made a big marketing push for selling single game tickets the last couple years. That's fine, but I think they should really make a push to get people to buy PSL's. When you rely on single game ticket sales, you'll get what we saw against CLE and what we'll see against NE next week, where it's a packed house and the place is jumping, but then also games like CIN where there were a few more empties and the atmosphere is dull. With all that said, I think there needs to be some added benefits to PSL's. Aside from priority for tickets, there really isn't anything that we get in terms of GAMEDAY (Yes the yearbook and game pass). I think something big (aside from a slash in prices) would be big for a lot of younger people that would like to have tickets for the season. I'm going to make a thread about this sometime soon because I'd love to hear other opinions.
    Were there PSLs for the 2 years at Memorial?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

Damn that’s a rough market

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Yes

Interesting. I have 5 kids (2 sons) and I will admit that none of them have inherited my Ravens passion. Other than my oldest daughter, none of them really show more than a passing interest in sports. I thought it may be because I rooted for Baltimore teams and none of my kids were born in Baltimore. Recently we moved to KY though and at UK games they are more excited about the ice cream than the games themselves. I kind of hoped that the SEC atmosphere would draw them in.

My Dad got tickets when the Ravens came to town. In memorial stadium we sat on the sides. When we moved to the stadium originally known as PSINet (pissy net) we got switched to and endzone view. I loved it. As a LB, I loved trying to read my keys and see plays develop. My dad was a HS coach so we really bonded over this team. When my oldest son was little, I bought him to a few games. I thought he'd enjoy spending the time with Dad and Pop Pop and that a new generation of fan would be born. Unfortunately he just liked the fries and the soda. He's 15 now and I don't think he's ever watched a game from start to end. Even in 2012, I let him stay up to watch the superbowl and he stayed up doing other things.

My Dad and my sister now go to games together. I haven't been to a game in about 3 years, but I'm trying to see if I can make it to the Pats game.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    Are you selling them at face? If so that might be a problem, people normally take a bit of a loss when selling them.
    I've been selling at the below face from the beginning..

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    No

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    No
    Ok guess I'm wrong then haha. What's the wall of honor for then?

I can def attest to the first part at baseball games. Prefer to watch the action from the outfield bar and socialize. Then again, baseball is much more boring than football :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk