Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Browns and Steelers Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I am sorry, but until somebody puts a stake in their heart or the sun comes up when they are still out of the coffin, I am unable to write them off any season.
    It's not that I'm writing them off. It's just that in years past, those zombie Steeler teams usually couldn't be killed because they had their QB intact, even if he missed a couple of drama queen games. This current Steeler team does not have that and so I am not willing to assign them the benefit of the doubt. They are a well run organization and Tomlin is a better coach than their own fans give him credit for, but dammit, sun dog's ass-blind squirrel nut-broke clock twice, whatever you want to use, they are fucking due for a turn at the bottom and I think this is the season for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I know a lot will disagree with me, but I kind of wish more Steelers, Bengals, and Browns fans (respectable ones) would hop on RSR and give us some good AFC North rivalry convos.
    Me too! That's what I like about reddit... more people from other teams pop over

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Browns = Johnny Football

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Unless Mayfield does a 180, the Browns will lose a couple of the easy games they're supposed to win in the second half. His play has been way to crappy to think they are just going to all of the sudden rip off 8 of 9 wins. Their run defense has been bad as well. I'm seeing them at 7-9.

The Steelers on the other hand have a nice defense and favorable schedule. That last game at home vs them in late December could be for the division.
    If the Browns had the right coach, eventually all that talent would gel and a good team would form.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I only picked the positive comments. There were a lot of negative comments as well. Mainly that Lamar is just a running QB and won't last. But they don't know what we know - that Lamar is developing into a respected passer as well and is middle of the pack for passing yards.

Lamar rating = 94.1 1650 yards
    Mayfield rating = 66.0 1496 yards
    Rudolph rating = 102.5 646 yards
    And Mayield's is with Beckham and Landry at WR, with Chubb in the backfield.

Eh, I've never been afraid of the steelers. They are a good team no doubt, but most of the big gains I remember it always came down to some bullshit officiating questionable call that I've seen other teams not get the same benefits from. So I don't know why Baltimore fans just can't have their moment in the sun & have some confidence in their team like many of these other fan bases do. It's like we're scared to so you would think that we're good in public. Like behind closed doors telling a significant other you love them, yet you don't want to hold their hand or be seen with them in public. F that, F all this cowardice & basically head down, eyes to the floor avoiding eye contact submissive fearspect to the steelers or anyone else. We might not always beat everybody, but we can play with & beat anybody. That's the attitude I choose when it comes to the team. Especially when you can actually see why as a fan that there's reason to have such optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    There should honestly be an AFC North forum where we can go to talk to other fans, but I like this just being a Ravens board personally.
    In case you're interested, there's a very active NFL forum with fans of all teams, Footballsfuture.

As a Steeler fan posting here, I've got to respect that I'm posting on a Ravens board, meaning that I've got to weigh my words a bit more. That's only common sense imo. This is a great board btw, one of the best I've seen. I know there are also two great Steeler boards and two absolute terrible ones. Just as there is one good Bengals forum and one awful.

Blog Entries

It’s too early to celebrate anything

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    In case you're interested, there's a very active NFL forum with fans of all teams, Footballsfuture.

As a Steeler fan posting here, I've got to respect that I'm posting on a Ravens board, meaning that I've got to weigh my words a bit more. That's only common sense imo. This is a great board btw, one of the best I've seen. I know there are also two great Steeler boards and two absolute terrible ones. Just as there is one good Bengals forum and one awful.
    I will check that out for sure.

I have no issue with rival fans, the issue is if I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation about the Ravens and someone comes in and derails it by talking smack and pumping up a rival team. I have no issue if other fans want to come on here and have reasonable discussion about the Ravens, or other things in OT or like the AFCN thread, but the jib jabs would get old.

You have been a model poster here in that regard. You're not just here to talk mindless smack or get chippy, you actually want to talk about football.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

On another note- I can't remember if it was this board or another. Does anyone remember the guy/girl named Steel Legends??? I trolled him/her pretty good.

Blog Entries

Another great comment from a Browns forum:

Posted on Oct 20th, 6:45 PM, , User Since 169 months ago, User Post Count: 1,354

Can somebody unplug the mics of Barber and Schlereth? Why you need 2 clowns with hyperbole beyond hyperbole of the Ravens and Lamar the RB being the greatest team and player in NFL history is beyond nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Another great comment from a Browns forum:

Posted on Oct 20th, 6:45 PM, , User Since 169 months ago, User Post Count: 1,354

Can somebody unplug the mics of Barber and Schlereth? Why you need 2 clowns with hyperbole beyond hyperbole of the Ravens and Lamar the RB being the greatest team and player in NFL history is beyond nauseating.
    Lol haters gonna hate. Baker has 5 tds and 11 picks. Maybe he should play RB.