Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Browns and Steelers Forums

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    There were a few decent Steeler fans who tried coming over from the Sun forum, mods over reacted to their presence IMO.
    Don't really recall any others besides Cinci.
    We are fortunate to have some decent fans of other teams here.

The couple of Steeler fans we have here are cool.
    CincyCat is like the only Bengals fan in existence and he is cool, doesn't seem to post much anymore though.
    I think Wolfman (I think that's the name) is the only Browns fan I've seen here and he talks some smack but he's okay.

I remember some of the opposing fans from the older boards like Scout...Hooper the Browns fan and IanWhetstone the Steelers fan were both okay IIRC.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I only picked the positive comments. There were a lot of negative comments as well. Mainly that Lamar is just a running QB and won't last. But they don't know what we know - that Lamar is developing into a respected passer as well and is middle of the pack for passing yards.

Lamar rating = 94.1 1650 yards
    Mayfield rating = 66.0 1496 yards
    Rudolph rating = 102.5 646 yards

Yea I can't really fault Browns fans for being salty about the Ravens. Anyone who has been a dedicated fan of the Browns has my respect. It's not easy following a team that's perennially disappointing. The worst would be to get hope (Mayfield, Beckham, Hunt ...) and then watch the team crumble all over again. If their season continues to go downhill, they should legitimately be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I'd be down for that.

I'm curious if anyone here posts on any division rival boards.
    Not recently.. but I remember when the Browns re-entered the league, Cleveland.com had this really lame Browns forum page that looked like a 3rd grader had written the HTML code. I used to go on there and post and laugh til I was in tears. The site was set up so shoddy that you could easily impersonate other posters. That was a riot. And you could post as whatever name you wanted, so I would post as, "Tony Grossi" or "Mark Kay Cabot".

Blog Entries

The Browns have a 2-3 year window to actually win something, because they have a lot of key players on their rookie contracts. These guys are going to want to get paid, which will make keeping that team together difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The Browns have a 2-3 year window to actually win something, because they have a lot of key players on their rookie contracts. These guys are going to want to get paid, which will make keeping that team together difficult.
    And they're not going to have all the bonus draft picks again.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    I agree with this but to me the reason for this is simple, the Steelers have a proud winning tradition with many SB's that tends to chill out a fan base, the Browns have been awful for literally decades and this was suppose to be their year. That leads to animosity and an edge that is nasty.
    Agreed. It's easier to be gracious when you have six or seven trophies in the cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Unless Mayfield does a 180, the Browns will lose a couple of the easy games they're supposed to win in the second half. His play has been way to crappy to think they are just going to all of the sudden rip off 8 of 9 wins. Their run defense has been bad as well. I'm seeing them at 7-9.

The Steelers on the other hand have a nice defense and favorable schedule. That last game at home vs them in late December could be for the division.
    I don't know....

Any other time when a team loses their starting pro-bowl level QB, most folks write them off as being done for that season. I know several years of brutal battles with the Steelers has conditioned us to believe they are always going to break our hearts somehow, but I just don't see it this year, regardless of their schedule. They have lost their QB and two of the biggest playmakers of the past 5 years. JuJu is great, but he has some weaknesses and is not thriving as the true #1 so far. Conner is good, but not "keep you up at night" good. On defense they lost Tuit, which I think is a big blow. They definitely nailed the Devin Bush pick and he looks like a stabilizing force.

But, I just do not see them as a legitimate threat in 2019.

9. Re: Browns and Steelers Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I don't know....

Any other time when a team loses their starting pro-bowl level QB, most folks write them off as being done for that season. I know several years of brutal battles with the Steelers has conditioned us to believe they are always going to break our hearts somehow, but I just don't see it this year, regardless of their schedule. They have lost their QB and two of the biggest playmakers of the past 5 years. JuJu is great, but he has some weaknesses and is not thriving as the true #1 so far. Conner is good, but not "keep you up at night" good. On defense they lost Tuit, which I think is a big blow. They definitely nailed the Devin Bush pick and he looks like a stabilizing force.

But, I just do not see them as a legitimate threat in 2019.
    Their defense is good enough to carry them. Devin Bush is a DPROY candidate and they have a nice front 4, although Tuitt is a big loss. I think they’ll win 8-9 games.

Bottom line is that 10-6 wins the afc north. Ravens are halfway there and are gonna have to finish 4-2 in the afc north to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I know several years of brutal battles with the Steelers has conditioned us to believe they are always going to break our hearts somehow, but I just don't see it this year, regardless of their schedule.
    I think you're right, some of this is just residual conditioning.

But, with them coming off their bye this week, their remaining sched includes these games:

Miami
    @Browns
    @Cincy
    Browns
    @Cards
    Bills
    @Jets

That could be seven wins, if the Brownies are truly imploding. Bills look tough on D so far, but that game is in Pittsburgh. (Arizona has played well, they're back up to .500.)

The Steelers toughest remaining opponents are Indy and the Rams; but those games are in Pitt as well. And the Rams have not played very well this season.

It's hard not to get a bit of a Jason from Friday the 13th vibe, imagining them coming to Baltimore at 10-5 on Dec 29. Shudder.
    (Ch-ch-ch-ch, hah-hah-hah-hah.)

I'll feel better if they split with the Brownies and lose the out-of-division games.
    Also, we still have to prove we're not going 1-5 after the bye.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    It's always fun to see what other fans are saying. Here's what I got:

Steelers Fan Board:
    Huge huge win for the Ravens. They got lucky with two uncharacteristic Seattle errors leading to defensive touchdowns but you have to take advantage and they did. Lamar played really well to be fair to him.

I had this as a loss for Baltimore leaving the door open in the division. An injury to Jackson is probably the only way they don’t win it now.

Steelers Fan Board:
    Yea this was a very damaging win by Baltimore to the Steelers chances. I’ll admit I didn’t see this one coming I thought the Ravens would lose thus game but they played a great game today and played to win. The Steelers after this really need to almost win their next 3 games at home with Miami Indy and the Rams.

Browns Fan Board:
    And the North is owned by........ The Ravens. I had lots of friends say they are overrated, and that Jackson is just a gimmick QB who won't last....and when the Browns thumped them, the Raven doubters seemed like they were right. But I think that game was the exception - the anomaly. The Ravens I saw whoop on Seattle, in their house, is what I envisioned they would be.

Yes, yes - a lot of football left and LOTS can change. But as of now, the Ravens are clearly the best team in the North. That's the most physical team, and physical teams only get better as we head into Nov. and Dec.

Browns Fan Board:
    Well I guess the whole "Just wait until the Ravens actually play someone and we will gain ground on them" train of thought just got derailed a bit.

Bengals Fan Board:
    Steelers fans are used to winning and respect the Ravens, generally speaking (of course there are the jerks too). But Browns fans are emotionally-scarred whiners, it's very difficult to interact with the majority of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I only picked the positive comments. There were a lot of negative comments as well. Mainly that Lamar is just a running QB and won't last. But they don't know what we know - that Lamar is developing into a respected passer as well and is middle of the pack for passing yards.

Lamar rating = 94.1 1650 yards
    Mayfield rating = 66.0 1496 yards
    Rudolph rating = 102.5 646 yards
    I think it's more than 50/50 that LJ throws for 4,000 yards and runs for 1,000. This would be a historic season, off the charts.