Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaylen Ferguson

Re: Jaylen Ferguson

I was pleased to notice him a few times. I didn't know if he played "great"; but he was clearly making a contribution, and that's enough for a rookie at this stage.

He seems very savvy. High FBIQ. Like he's someone who you just need to give playing time to: let him make a few mistakes, and he'll quickly understand how he needs to play.

I don't know if he'll ever be a quick-twitch high-volume sack producer. He might top out as – oh, maybe Jarret Johnson is a good comp. Very physical, very smart, reliable, fundamentally-sound defender who will be in the right spot and make the right play. That's a very fine football player; not a disruptor like Clowney, but a great guy to have on your team.

Sack Daddy turns 24 in December, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Courtney Upshaw, 2.0. Not a bad thing at all.
    no, Courtney Upshaw isn't a bad thing but he has much better hand usage and a bull rush that is transferrable. He will also add more to his arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    no, Courtney Upshaw isn't a bad thing but he has much better hand usage and a bull rush that is transferrable. He will also add more to his arsenal.
    I also think he is more athletic. Upshaw you can call him a bull (i'd use another word) but he had weight issues his entire NFL career.
    Last edited by boller4president; 10-21-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I also think he is more athletic. Upshaw you can call him a bull (i'd use another word) but he had weight issues his entire NFL career.
    Ferguson is much more athletic than Upshaw. It's not even close and as mentioned earlier, he does have a high football IQ.