Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaylen Ferguson

Jaylen Ferguson

What about this kid? Of course he has room to grow but he stepped up. He has great upside. Set the edge very well.

2. Re: Jaylen Ferguson

Ferguson was great yesterday. Crashed and gave up contain a couple of times of H1, but cleaned it up nicely. In particular, he fought off a TE and helped force an outside run back in, where he had multiple defenders to help tackle the ball carrier for a loss (might have been the Lockett end around at Q2, 02:43).

(It's Jaylon though, sorry!)
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Jaylen Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Ferguson was great yesterday. Crashed and gave up contain a couple of times of H1, but cleaned it up nicely. In particular, he fought off a TE and helped force an outside run back in, where he had multiple defenders to help tackle the ball carrier for a loss (might have been the Lockett end around at Q2, 02:43).

(It's Jaylon though, sorry!)
    Jaylon. My bad. Funny I tried to type Jaylon and it spell corrected to Kaylin. Lol

I think Jaylen Ferguson with an e is a minor league outfielder in the Os system

5. Re: Jaylen Ferguson

He definitely stepped up. Still very raw on his pass rush, but was very effective setting the edge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's not really going to show up on the stat sheet a ton, but Ferguson had a really awesome game. Played great fundamental football. Knew where he was supposed to be and what his assignment was and executed. If he continues to ascend, the splash plays will come.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

He reminds me a lot of Judon's career so far. Both came in as dominant college pass rushers, but they've found their footing early on as solid run defenders. I think that bodes well, because I think the pass rush will come. thatll lead to a well rounded LB, like Judon is currently. Judon hasnt become a dominant passrusher, buts hes definitely solid in that capacity, and I hope Ferg can excel more in that area in the future, once he gets it figured out a little more. I liked the pick when we took him, and I see no reason to not continue to. Hes putting in the work it seems.
    -JAB

8. Re: Jaylen Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He reminds me a lot of Judon's career so far. Both came in as dominant college pass rushers, but they've found their footing early on as solid run defenders. I think that bodes well, because I think the pass rush will come. thatll lead to a well rounded LB, like Judon is currently. Judon hasnt become a dominant passrusher, buts hes definitely solid in that capacity, and I hope Ferg can excel more in that area in the future, once he gets it figured out a little more. I liked the pick when we took him, and I see no reason to not continue to. Hes putting in the work it seems.
    Nice analysis Jab!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My very untrained eyes he looked great at setting the edge. Thought that was a concern of his coming out of the draft but if he plays like he did yesterday that would be a very pleasant surprise.

Jaylon definitely played well yesterday. Forget sacks, set the edge first and the sacks will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Courtney Upshaw, 2.0. Not a bad thing at all.
    For a 3rd rounder? I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Courtney Upshaw, 2.0. Not a bad thing at all.
    Let's hope we get more production out of Ferguson than we did Upshaw.

Upshaw was nice against the run, but did next to nothing affecting the passer.