Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Hell Yeah, Coach! Let’s Go for It

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    it was a joke get some coffee
    Yeah I need some lol my b

In all seriousness the amount of trust Harbaugh has in Lamar is phenomenal. So easy to forget the kid is only 22.

3. Re: Hell Yeah, Coach! Let’s Go for It

Same reaction here.... goosebumps.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    In all seriousness the amount of trust Harbaugh has in Lamar is phenomenal. So easy to forget the kid is only 22.
    Agreed, shit if somebody saved my job I’d trust them too lol

How can you not love this kid?

I could read his lips when they showed it right before the ensuing kickoff, and it was easy to read his lips because that's what I wanted him to say, that's always what you want your QB to say, hell yeah

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Hell Yeah, Coach! Let’s Go for It

LJ is so special. I've luved/backed this young man since day one because he brought something the Ravens had lacked for several years : Excitement! Whether he succeeded or not at least our team wasn't dull as dishwater. To see him, when the football is snapped, have the opposing defense in a state of flux because they don't know if he will beat them with his feet or arm is a thing of beauty.

"Hell Yeah, Coach! Let’s Go for It!" should be the Ravens theme... Bc

I have to confess, in the moment when they called timeout, I said "No, take the points" And I was still nervous as the offense took the field until I saw Ricard in and Hurst at tailback (thought it was Boyle at first). Then I thought, OK this is an easy 2 yards.

Begs the question, why haven't we seen more of Ricard at FB on these short yards to go scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LJ is so special. I've luved/backed this young man since day one because he brought something the Ravens had lacked for several years : Excitement! Whether he succeeded or not at least our team wasn't dull as dishwater. To see him, when the football is snapped, have the opposing defense in a state of flux because they don't know if he will beat them with his feet or arm is a thing of beauty.

"Hell Yeah, Coach! Let’s Go for It!" should be the Ravens theme... Bc
    I need a t shirt with that on it

"If he wants to go for it, I want to go for it."

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I have to confess, in the moment when they called timeout, I said "No, take the points" And I was still nervous as the offense took the field until I saw Ricard in and Hurst at tailback (thought it was Boyle at first). Then I thought, OK this is an easy 2 yards.

Begs the question, why haven't we seen more of Ricard at FB on these short yards to go scenarios?
    Conventional wisdom would have said this was basically the worst idea you could have. You forego the field goal to give your team the lead AND you burn a timeout? It sounds like madness, but the emotional boost was immeasurable. If there was any doubt over Lamar's leadership before yesterday, this moment and the "temper tantrum" erased it.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Conventional wisdom would have said this was basically the worst idea you could have. You forego the field goal to give your team the lead AND you burn a timeout? It sounds like madness, but the emotional boost was immeasurable. If there was any doubt over Lamar's leadership before yesterday, this moment and the "temper tantrum" erased it.
    I was not thrilled about the choice in the moment. It was a tight game, getting 3 would have been a big help. Then Jackson did his thing, and suddenly the Seahawks are on the ropes. Then nerves kicked in on a rookie, he dropped the ball, and the defense delivered the knockout blow. All in a span of about 15 seconds of game clock.

I'll go back to the mindset they showed at Kansas City - fortune favors the bold! If you're not willing to take a few calculated risks now and then, you aren't going to beat the best teams in the NFL.

And now we're getting into November football. We escaped October (a month that is historically unkind to us), and are in GREAT shape for the back stretch of the season.