Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Was this Seattle win the biggest road, regular season victory in the Harbaugh era?

If memory serves, it was excruciatingly painful to watch our offense during that week 1 win against the Jets and Rex Ryan. Defense played great, but I wouldn't call it a defining road win or signature road win.

Re: Was this Seattle win the biggest road, regular season victory in the Harbaugh era?

This was an important win for me from a "belief" standpoint. Most of the season, I've believed that we are a good team, but not quite there yet. Good enough to win the division (a down division), but a step behind the Pats, Chiefs as the favorites for the AFC. Usually there are games on the schedule that I chalk up as likely losses, so when they happen I'm not overly disappointed. I thought it would be hard to go into Arrowhead and win. The Pats are tough no matter where you face them. And Seattle was one that I thought, yeah probably won't pull that off. But we did. And it will make a huge difference going into the bye 5-2 vs 4-3.

Blog Entries

I don't get the non-divisional argument. Seattle is one of the hardest places to win (The Ravens had never won there). Russell Wilson has been a favorite to win the MVP. No many people expected the Ravens win this. But to see Lamar take over the MVP debate and to see the much-aligned defense score 14 points, this is as huge as it gets for the regular. I get the tie-breaker scenarios. But every team with post-season aspirations needs to win some games they aren't supposed to win regardless of who the opponent is.

4th and 29 game against the Chargers is the biggest road win in the Harbaugh era for me, because without it, there's no championship. As for the LJ8 era, there's only last year's win @LAC to compete with. That did lead to a playoff berth, but going one and done against the same team in a home playoff game blunted the impact. So I'll say this is the biggest road win in the LJ8 era. It is unquestionably Lamar's team now, if you are not on the bandwagon by this point, might as well go root for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    4th and 29 game against the Chargers is the biggest road win in the Harbaugh era for me, because without it, there's no championship. As for the LJ8 era, there's only last year's win @LAC to compete with. That did lead to a playoff berth, but going one and done against the same team in a home playoff game blunted the impact. So I'll say this is the biggest road win in the LJ8 era. It is unquestionably Lamar's team now, if you are not on the bandwagon by this point, might as well go root for someone else.
    THIS.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Do they miss the playoffs if they had beaten the Bengals week 17 though? They obviously don't rest starters if they hadn't already clinched.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    They still make the playoffs even if they lose to Cincy. Even with the loss to the Chargers the Ravens would have still mathematically been in the playoffs at 9-7, and I'm not sure why everyone always says it was win or go home.

That being said, there's a chance we lose the division without 4th and 29 and who knows how the rest of the season plays out regardless.

Quick response: no.

Greatwin though! I waived off going to Seattle this time after the two previous losses there. I fucked up.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    They still make the playoffs even if they lose to Cincy. Even with the loss to the Chargers the Ravens would have still mathematically been in the playoffs at 9-7, and I'm not sure why everyone always says it was win or go home.

That being said, there's a chance we lose the division without 4th and 29 and who knows how the rest of the season plays out regardless.
    It was that road win that provided the cushion to allow us to lose 4 of the next 5 and still win the division. But more than that, it provided that feeling that this team was special, never out of it, and could pull off something amazing in the clutch. Well, to me anyway :)

9. Re: Was this Seattle win the biggest road, regular season victory in the Harbaugh era?

I was surprised they won yesterday. To go cross country to a tough environment to face a great qb like Russell Wilson and get the victory shows the maturity of this Ravens team. Lamar Jackson is a great player and true team leader. He didn't even have Hollywood Brown and Andrews struggling. It's fun watching Lamar Jackson play and the defense getting back to it roots of physical football. They can go a long way this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ravens82 View Post
    It was that road win that provided the cushion to allow us to lose 4 of the next 5 and still win the division. But more than that, it provided that feeling that this team was special, never out of it, and could pull off something amazing in the clutch. Well, to me anyway :)
    My thought was more we probably only lose 3 of the next 5 since we wouldn't have rested starters vs Cincinnati

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    If memory serves, it was excruciatingly painful to watch our offense during that week 1 win against the Jets and Rex Ryan. Defense played great, but I wouldn't call it a defining road win or signature road win.
    Same. That one's forgettable to me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Two things:

(1) I was very, very surprised by the win in Seattle. But I was even more surprised how the Ravens defense improved THAT much in just one week. My sudden enthusiasm for the 30-16 win against a 5-1 Seahawks team on their field (when Russel Wilson was enjoying a career year) was tempered by the realization that Earl Thomas is an ex-Seahawk. E.T. just spent the last nine years in Seattle. Martindale would have certainly 'picked his brain' when composing the defensive gameplan. Did Earl's inside knowledge make THAT much of a difference? I believe the answer is very likely yes. Let's wait and see how well our defense performs against the Patriots before we declare them to be THAT good.

(2) Like most of you last year, I was thrilled and amazed how we dominated the Chargers in Week 16 (a win we desperately needed). But after the rematch loss in the playoffs it finally dawned on me what really happened. The Chargers could have employed the same defensive adjustment (which was brilliant) against us in Week 16. But with a playoff berth already clinched, the Chargers knew a rematch in the playoffs in Baltimore was likely to be forthcoming. They simply wanted to save the adjustment for when it meant the most - in the postseason. The postponement was even more brilliant.

CCx