Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Was this Seattle win the biggest road, regular season victory in the Harbaugh era?

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    2008 Saturday Night versus the Cowboys in late December. Derrick Mason helps win the game with essentially one arm.

With that said, 2011 in Pittsburgh was this team's biggest win. As Ray Lewis said, you could feel the tides turning with Pittsburgh on that final drive.
    I don't know if that's when the tides turned, but the Ravens will likely have a winning record against Pittsburgh soon. It's currently 25-22 in favor of Pitt. This after years of dominance by them from 1996-2000.

Re: Was this Seattle win the biggest road, regular season victory in the Harbaugh era?

You guys beat us in 2017.

3. Re: Was this Seattle win the biggest road, regular season victory in the Harbaugh era?

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    I’ll play devils advocate - it was a non-conference, non-divisional game that will PROBABLY not have an implication on playoff seeding.

That said - what a freaking win.
    Except it absolutely does have implications on playoff seeding. It's unlikely to come into play in a tiebreaker, but getting the win itself makes it that much less likely that tiebreakers matter. Worrying about tiebreakers over wins is putting the cart before the horse imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I don't know if that's when the tides turned, but the Ravens will likely have a winning record against Pittsburgh soon. It's currently 25-22 in favor of Pitt. This after years of dominance by them from 1996-2000.
    I wouldn't say the Steelers dominated from 1996-2000 (or even 1999). The Ravens were 3-7 against them in that period (2-6 removing 2000). They weren't the Jaguars (whom the Ravens infamously couldn't beat until Tony Banks threw 5 TDs in 2000).

Ravens-Steelers has always been fairly balanced. The Steelers have swept the Ravens 5 times: 2017, 2008, 2002, 1998, 1997. The Ravens have swept the Steelers 3 times: 2015, 2011, 2006. The other 16 series have ended in splits. So maybe the tide started turning in 2006? Of course, the Ravens continued to struggle against the Steelers in the playoffs, losing in 2001, 2008 (ooof, 0-3 against them that year), and 2010 (I hate this game), before finally defeating them in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You guys beat us in 2017.
    Wins against DeShone Kizer can't count, sorry.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Second biggest road win of the LJ era. At LAC was the biggest to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is what the thread should really be about. Its not about the Harbaugh era.
    It's about the Lamar Jackson era.
    Yesterday, the young 22 year old who was winning games with his legs and arm...won a game with something else...his will and leadership and his charisma.

Ray could will his team to win...Lamar grew up some and became without a doubt the leader and alpha that the entire rest of the team recognized yesterday and followed suit.
    Yesterday, Lamar made the entire Ravens organization believe.
    Now the Ravens have that confidence in their leader and will follow him anywhere.
    Its a turning point in the Lamar era and you all are witnesses.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Yesterday, the young 22 year old who was winning games with his legs and arm...won a game with something else...his will and leadership and his charisma.

Ray could will his team to win...Lamar grew up some and became without a doubt the leader and alpha that the entire rest of the team recognized yesterday and followed suit.
    Now the Ravens have that confidence in their leader and will follow him anywhere.
    I agree that Lamar is an Alpha and the Ravens organization believes in him. But...that didn't start yesterday. They believed in him last year. Which is why they left him in during the worst parts of the Chargers playoff game. It's why he's been the unquestioned leader in the offseason. It's why the Ravens traded Flacco.

The Ravens team and organization had complete buy-in with Lamar prior to yesterday's game. It's just the doubting fans and media that were finally convinced by the win in Seattle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post

Great post. I think you nailed it. This is the game where Lamar Jackson took over the team. Even the defense stepped it up and went balls to the wall after LJ made that 4th and 2. This is the game that we're all going to be looking back at in years to come

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Except it absolutely does have implications on playoff seeding. It's unlikely to come into play in a tiebreaker, but getting the win itself makes it that much less likely that tiebreakers matter. Worrying about tiebreakers over wins is putting the cart before the horse imo.

I wouldn't say the Steelers dominated from 1996-2000 (or even 1999). The Ravens were 3-7 against them in that period (2-6 removing 2000). They weren't the Jaguars (whom the Ravens infamously couldn't beat until Tony Banks threw 5 TDs in 2000).

Ravens-Steelers has always been fairly balanced. The Steelers have swept the Ravens 5 times: 2017, 2008, 2002, 1998, 1997. The Ravens have swept the Steelers 3 times: 2015, 2011, 2006. The other 16 series have ended in splits. So maybe the tide started turning in 2006? Of course, the Ravens continued to struggle against the Steelers in the playoffs, losing in 2001, 2008 (ooof, 0-3 against them that year), and 2010 (I hate this game), before finally defeating them in 2014.

Wins against DeShone Kizer can't count, sorry.
    It was Brett Hundley actually.

8. Re: Was this Seattle win the biggest road, regular season victory in the Harbaugh era?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    It was Brett Hundley actually.
    Sorry, is there a difference?

(Thanks for the correction!)
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Sorry, is there a difference?

(Thanks for the correction!)
    No difference. They both were awful!

For me it was the 2010 game at Pittsburgh. After two years of handing off and riding the defense, Joe Flacco led a game-winning drive finishing with a pass to Houshmanzadeh. Knowing we could win that kind of game (after previous heartbreaking losses to Pitt in regular season and the AFCCn under Flacco) changed the culture in the Flacco era, and was the first step in the road to Super Bowl XLVII.
    "Chin up, chest out."

2011 at Pittsburgh is my #1
    2008 at Dallas
    This game
    2018 at LA
    2012 at SD

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think the 4th and 29 Chargers game in 2012 was their biggest/most important road win under Harbaugh in retrospect given how they won it and that they wouldn't have made the playoffs had they lost that game.
    This! This is the game that immediately came to mind. Was so dramatic and so important in that Superbowl year. Yesterday was one hell of a win regardless.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk