Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McPhee

1. McPhee

Possibility he might be out for awhile with a tricep injury. If so, lets see if DeCosta can work some more magic to pull a trade with limited cap space.

While its not an OLB, keep reading a lot that we should try to trade for Suh for interior pass rush.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: McPhee

Someone get deer antlers, STAT!

That's..... actually quite feasible. I'm shocked.

Suh is on a one year deal and his base salary is only $5.25 mil, meaning a little over half that ($2.95 mil) would go against the cap.

Blog Entries

If he's out I think it's got to force their hand a little. They have really turned things around defensively but I'm not trusting what they have in the rush department to get it done the rest of the year. We have a real chance to make some noise in the AFC this year. They shouldn't take that for granted.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

5. Re: McPhee

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That's..... actually quite feasible. I'm shocked.

Suh is on a one year deal and his base salary is only $5.25 mil, meaning a little over half that ($2.95 mil) would go against the cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If he's out I think it's got to force their hand a little. They have really turned things around defensively but I'm not trusting what they have in the rush department to get it done the rest of the year. We have a real chance to make some noise in the AFC this year. They shouldn't take that for granted.
    They're 2-4 and coming off a bye. If they lose to the Titans this week, EDC should be on the horn with their GM as soon as the game clock expires. They play the Seahawks week 8. We are contenders a year earlier than expected, IMHO, and should go all-in.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

6. Re: McPhee

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    They're 2-4 and coming off a bye. If they lose to the Titans this week, EDC should be on the horn with their GM as soon as the game clock expires. They play the Seahawks week 8. We are contenders a year earlier than expected, IMHO, and should go all-in.
    Can't agree with your final statement. The core is young and cheap for ~3 more years. Don't sacrifice that to go all-in now!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

7. Re: McPhee

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Can't agree with your final statement. The core is young and cheap for ~3 more years. Don't sacrifice that to go all-in now!
    Definitely not interested in giving up young talent, but would throw them a pick to rent Suh

8. Re: McPhee

Definitely not interested in giving up young talent, but would throw them a pick to rent Suh
    From a football perspective, I agree (but Suh might a bridge too far for me in terms of likability). I'm much more concerned about sacrificing future cap than draft picks though.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

9. Re: McPhee

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    From a football perspective, I agree (but Suh might a bridge too far for me in terms of likability). I'm much more concerned about sacrificing future cap than draft picks though.
    Understood, and I dislike Suh a lot too, but he may representative the best "value" for a rental given our current cap, injuries, and hopefully EDC not wanting to restructure an already bad contract.

This would be a HUGE loss.

Picks ARE young talent.

A low round pick I'd be fine with, although I would have to hold my nose to root for that cheap-shotting dickhead in purple.
    "Chin up, chest out."

12. Re: McPhee

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Picks ARE young talent.

A low round pick I'd be fine with, although I would have to hold my nose to root for that cheap-shotting dickhead in purple.
    Agreed with one caveat - picks are potential young talent. I personally have disliked Suh since his college days, but I don't think we can stand pat with our pass rush, and we don't have much cap room after our last trade.

Last edited by AmishlandRavenFan; 10-21-2019 at 01:55 PM.