Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Other games thread Oct 20th

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The Bengals are really bad. It doesn't bode well for the Ravens that they had such difficulty beating them.
    Aren't the Jaguars having difficulty beating them right now? Not that the Jags are world beaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How does it bode for the Seahawks who escaped at home with a 1 point win?
    Nobody is their week 1 team now

The NFL: a bunch of parity + the Patriots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    so it seems...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Aha. Even though Texans are one of the least intriguing franchises in itself, for me, I do like Watson, Hopkins and Watt, sometimes puts on good shows. But like you say, they never seem to quite rise above the "playoff fringe-good threshold" for some reason.
    The Texas had a couple of seasons in the beginning of the 2010's when it looked like they were going to become a contender. After that it fizzled. Same thing with the Colts under Luck. The Ravens are lucky to be in a division with Pittsburgh (and vice-versa), and even the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. This creates competition, which make all teams better.

Yeah.. As much as I´ve despised the Patriots over the years for their debatable ethics, smug ass fans and so on, my respect for what they´ve been able to do there is growing actually. Even though this season, I don´t understand how the Superbowl champion can have what looks like the easiestschedule in the league, even their miserable division taken into account.

Blog Entries

That was Week 1, I believe. In any case, I do no think Seattle is that good. They are probably on the same boat as the Ravens.

Yeah.. As much as I´ve despised the Patriots over the years for their debatable ethics, smug ass fans and so on, my respect for what they´ve been able to do there is growing actually. Even though this season, I don´t understand how the Superbowl champion can have what looks like the easiestschedule in the league, even their miserable division taken into account.
    It's not because they have more talent than everyone else. It's because of their coaching, preparation, and player execution.

I'd argue there's probably 10-12 other teams with more pure talent than the Patriots.

Blog Entries

I am going to contradict myself and say that the miserable division helps them. Not just to get high seeds, but to have lots of breathers during the season. But of course it's clear by now that they would be good in any division.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The Texas had a couple of seasons in the beginning of the 2010's when it looked like they were going to become a contender. After that it fizzled. Same thing with the Colts under Luck. The Ravens are lucky to be in a division with Pittsburgh (and vice-versa), and even the Bengals under Marvin Lewis. This creates competition, which make all teams better.
    Yeah. It really does feel like a division of decent teams most of the time. Nothing special either way, and not much to write home about sort of. Or is that just an unfair assessment from an outsider..? I wonder if fans of those AFC South teams feel as strongly for their divisional games as we do? I mean I´m not even american and I still have always been all in on the rivalry.

Blog Entries

I´m so so so glad we have Tucker
    +1000!

The more you see from the league the more impressive what Tucker does becomes

It's not because they have more talent than everyone else. It's because of their coaching, preparation, and player execution.

I'd argue there's probably 10-12 other teams with more pure talent than the Patriots.
    Absolutley, that´s what makes it so impressive. In a league basically constructed to avoid dynasties etc. And theres Brady too. I wonder if there´s a bigger winner-mentality out there.