1. Is Earl Thomas' knowledge of Seattle a big factor

Do you think his years with the Seahawks gives us a competitive edge this weekend? With free agency being what it is, players always have to face their former teams and we all know they share intel with their new teams. Considering the circumstances of Earl's relationship with that team, I know he's going to do everything possible to get the win. Which includes providing valuable info.

Its one thing to know what a team is doing, being able to stop what they're doing is what really matters.

This off season after Weddle was released he stated he wouldnt tell the Rams about the Ravens schemes/plays when they play each other. While that sounds good, who actually believes that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: Is Earl Thomas' knowledge of Seattle a big factor

I remember Weddle playing mind games with Rivers last year, at San Diego.

I don't think we can expect the same thing with Russ.

Blog Entries

No factor. Players change teams all the time. If anything I would expect more from Marcus Peters who played the Seahawks already and has been through filmstudy and practice.

Blog Entries

I think he will know some of Russell Wilson's tendencies after practicing against him every day. Beyond that there is a pride factor of facing the team that let you go and wanting to make them pay for it. Even guys who left in FA have a little revenge factor

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Peters is probably a bigger factor considering they just played him last week and will be lining up against the same WR's. We know he likes to jump routes.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Peters is probably a bigger factor considering they just played him last week and will be lining up against the same WR's. We know he likes to jump routes.
    The Rams played SF last week, not Seattle.

I don't think Earl can fix the Ravens pass rush and that is the real issue.

8. Re: Is Earl Thomas' knowledge of Seattle a big factor

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Do you think his years with the Seahawks gives us a competitive edge this weekend? With free agency being what it is, players always have to face their former teams and we all know they share intel with their new teams. Considering the circumstances of Earl's relationship with that team, I know he's going to do everything possible to get the win. Which includes providing valuable info.

Its one thing to know what a team is doing, being able to stop what they're doing is what really matters.

This off season after Weddle was released he stated he wouldnt tell the Rams about the Ravens schemes/plays when they play each other. While that sounds good, who actually believes that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Not even remotely

Perhaps, but I can know a train is coming directly at me. Doesn't mean I can stop it.

Rams played Seattle about two weeks ago. Peters will have some intel

This cuts both ways. Earl knows Seattle's offense, but Seattle also knows Earl. I'd be willing to bet that they will have some tendency breakers tomorrow. Given that and his position, it's more important that Earl plays what he sees and not what he expects. When a FS guesses wrong, it's usually 6.

With that said, it's still execution that wins and loses games. The chess match can put you in the right position, but you've still gotta make the play.

Blog Entries

No and Earl better be careful. Carroll just might use his knowledge of Seattle against him.