Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian Puppet...

UBI and VAT as Yang proposes it would most definitely require additional administration. Forget about the potential for fraud and abuse for a moment. You are introducing a new tax on businesses - not replacing other taxes. So now you need new forms for these businesses to report on, overhauls to the federal tax IT system to accommodate reporting, collection, etc. Maybe (doubtful, but maybe) there is headroom in the IRS to take on some of the additional work, but it wouldn't be 100% - heads will definitely need to be added to administer.

But under Yang, those receiving government assistance have the option of retaining it or taking UBI. So now we need to continue to run parallel programs, but we also have to have systematic and hands on means of ensuring that no one is still getting government assistance as well as UBI. That's more overhead.

Don't forget that you have to market and sell this program to those on goverment assistance too. Change management is very difficult to administer. People don't like change. There will be resistance to "taking something away from me" even if the UBI is in fact the better option. What programs get replaced? Is it just welfare? Food Stamps, Medicaid, CHIP, Housing, Home Energy, SSP (elderly, blind, disabled)? What about things like school meals programs?

Oh, and remember that all of these federal programs are just funded by the federal government, but they're administered by the states. So all of this overhead is duplicated at every state. Actually not duplicated, because no two will be the same. Recreated is more appropriate description.

So for every $1,000 that gets doled out, I have no doubt that it would require at least $3,000 to do it and probably a lot more. Because if there is one thing that federal and state governments are absolutely terrible at, it is efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Really? So what does it mean?
    I think I kind of addressed that already? It probably means that the russians like her withdrawal from the world approach since it´d suit russian interests. With some seriously unusual bot activity around her account it´s clear they wanna promote her. What it means in the long run depends on her getting traction in the race or not.
    More vital, it clearly shows Russias intent to once again interfere with your election, and they´d love to get Trump for a second term, so there´s gonna be some serious disinformation and smearing coming towards whoever he´s up against from Russia, again.

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    I think I kind of addressed that already? It probably means that the russians like her withdrawal from the world approach since it´d suit russian interests. With some seriously unusual bot activity around her account it´s clear they wanna promote her. What it means in the long run depends on her getting traction in the race or not.
    More vital, it clearly shows Russias intent to once again interfere with your election, and they´d love to get Trump for a second term, so there´s gonna be some serious disinformation and smearing coming towards whoever he´s up against from Russia, again.
    So how does that make her a Russian puppet?!

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    It doesn´t, I even said so earlier on. Doesn´t make it insignificant facts though.

It makes it insignificant to the point being discussed ie puppet

It makes it insignificant to the point being discussed ie puppet
    Well blame OP for exaggerating/twisting what Hillary said and what it was based on then, not me.

Blah... first... i think you are one of a handful down here that hasn't just blocked Boss. Secondly, it doesn't make her a Russian asset at all. This is the typical insane stance of ridiculous people. Let's look at why this is ridiculous from even a democrats stance:

1. The Russians TOTALLY helped Trump defeat Clinton in the Presidential election when she had a 99.9% chance of winning... yet they cannot even get her over 1% polling? Doesn't make sense.
    2. Gabbard has absolutely zero money from Russia, serves in the US Military, and is from Hawaii with zero connection whatsoever to Russia. I think I mentioned before that Hillary is the only person that took money from Russia, yet accuses everyone that didn't as an asset of Russia... it is absurd to listen to this woman.
    3. So Trump is good for Russia based on EVERYTHING coming from the DNC... so why would they be helping Tulsi Gabbard? What difference does it make? They have "their guy" in already... why wouldn't they spend all of those bot hours on just dismissing all DNC candidates and helping Trump win? What strategic benefit do they have in helping any of them. This one is my favorite because it proves they are either full of shit on one or both, but both cannot be true. Trump cannot be a Russian asset and being helped by them, AND Gabbard being helped by them and an asset. Russia isn't that stupid... only Hillary Clinton is.
    4. More Democrats interacted with Russian bots than Republicans. You can look that up... more people attended ONE anti-Trump event posed by Russia, than all of the pro-Trump/anti-Hillary russian events combined. So how exactly was Russia "helping" Trump to begin with???
    5. and this is arguably the most important... why would Russia be helping the DNC candidate that absolutely has the best chance of beating Trump??? I know the "loudest" democrats don't believe this, but it is totally true... let's look: She's not a progressive... that's it... that is ALL it takes to win for the DNC. You just have to be NOT progressive or Joe Biden, and she is neither. She's smokin' hot... and I can guarantee you she'll get some guys voting for her just to see that smokin' body for 4 years. She's a woman. I'd say about 1/3rd of women would vote for female-Hitler just because of feminism or something. She's calming... in a debate, you'd have Trump being super aggessive, and she'd just kinda take it in, lay into him with a perfectly measured voice, and then move onto the issues... it would be a STARK contrast that would make you root for her.

So there you have it. Hillary Clinton, who accepted bribes and kickbacks and phony intel from Russia, called a DNC primary contender a "Russian Asset" with absolutely zero proof, when Tulsi is literally the only one in the field that has a shot to beat Trump. Then... in the same breath, Hillary claims Trump is also a Russian asset. It is insane ramblings of an imbecile who the media shoved in front of us for years claiming she was intelligent, and I've yet to see proof of that either.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Blah... first... i think you are one of a handful down here that hasn't just blocked Boss. Secondly, it doesn't make her a Russian asset at all. This is the typical insane stance of ridiculous people. Let's look at why this is ridiculous from even a democrats stance:

1. The Russians TOTALLY helped Trump defeat Clinton in the Presidential election when she had a 99.9% chance of winning... yet they cannot even get her over 1% polling? Doesn't make sense.
    2. Gabbard has absolutely zero money from Russia, serves in the US Military, and is from Hawaii with zero connection whatsoever to Russia. I think I mentioned before that Hillary is the only person that took money from Russia, yet accuses everyone that didn't as an asset of Russia... it is absurd to listen to this woman.
    3. So Trump is good for Russia based on EVERYTHING coming from the DNC... so why would they be helping Tulsi Gabbard? What difference does it make? They have "their guy" in already... why wouldn't they spend all of those bot hours on just dismissing all DNC candidates and helping Trump win? What strategic benefit do they have in helping any of them. This one is my favorite because it proves they are either full of shit on one or both, but both cannot be true. Trump cannot be a Russian asset and being helped by them, AND Gabbard being helped by them and an asset. Russia isn't that stupid... only Hillary Clinton is.
    4. More Democrats interacted with Russian bots than Republicans. You can look that up... more people attended ONE anti-Trump event posed by Russia, than all of the pro-Trump/anti-Hillary russian events combined. So how exactly was Russia "helping" Trump to begin with???
    5. and this is arguably the most important... why would Russia be helping the DNC candidate that absolutely has the best chance of beating Trump??? I know the "loudest" democrats don't believe this, but it is totally true... let's look: She's not a progressive... that's it... that is ALL it takes to win for the DNC. You just have to be NOT progressive or Joe Biden, and she is neither. She's smokin' hot... and I can guarantee you she'll get some guys voting for her just to see that smokin' body for 4 years. She's a woman. I'd say about 1/3rd of women would vote for female-Hitler just because of feminism or something. She's calming... in a debate, you'd have Trump being super aggessive, and she'd just kinda take it in, lay into him with a perfectly measured voice, and then move onto the issues... it would be a STARK contrast that would make you root for her.

So there you have it. Hillary Clinton, who accepted bribes and kickbacks and phony intel from Russia, called a DNC primary contender a "Russian Asset" with absolutely zero proof, when Tulsi is literally the only one in the field that has a shot to beat Trump. Then... in the same breath, Hillary claims Trump is also a Russian asset. It is insane ramblings of an imbecile who the media shoved in front of us for years claiming she was intelligent, and I've yet to see proof of that either.
    Well said Mr Frohman! Couldn’t agree more. And the best part is ...this is 100% truth and you’re Def not a Dem! lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    What makes you think the Russians want trump again? They had already paid the Clintons, so they clearly wanted her. And with trump being accused of working with the Russians, I don’t see how a trump presidency would benefit the Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    But I think you're only seeing that in places like the coasts (Cali, NY, D.C. etc...) where cost of living is flying the roof. It's where you also see the highest homeless epidemics. Demand is higher in those places because that's where the opportunities lie. It's just a theory, but I think if a UBI is in place you'll see more and more people dispersed more evenly throughout the country since everyone will have money to build up local economies. When demand for housing is decreased in these densely populated areas, you will see a reduction in housing prices overall.
    It increases everywhere there's a demand for housing. My aunt down in Troy, Al is selling her tiny house. The listing on that thing is 120k and it's a less than 1,500 square foot three bedroom, one bath. The reason it's so expensive is because people are buying up the houses and renting them out to college kids.

The reason homelessness has exploded on the coasts is that the local governments have put way to many regulations on building and rentals. Again, too much government fucks up everything. Eventually (hopefully) you liberals will get that through your thick skulls.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Lol, maybe I was born yesterday. So youre telling me an entire family would hide someone's death, not have a funeral, and then somehow gain access to their bank account, to collect the 1K? I feel like it would cost more just having a dead guy on your hands than trying to game the system that way lol.

lol btw the turnip truck thing made me chuckle. I have never heard that one before. Definitely gonna use it with someone one day.
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/woman-...cial-security/

Less than a month ago.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Damn... veggie is so bad no one even takes it for free.
    Domino's is so good now, I'll even eat their veggie pizzas. That place has seriously upped their game.
    ProFootballMock