Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mahomes Injury - Should Lamar Stop Running?

Lamar should not stop running. No one has ever said he needs to stop running. It's a huge part of what makes him dangerous on the field.

He needs to avoid unnecessary contact more than anything. And learn how to freaking slide. That is something that we're just going to have to deal with as fans of this franchise as long as he's our QB.

It's never about getting hit, either. It's about getting hit the wrong way at the wrong time. In 2012, RGIII got hit in the chest - by a 350 pound man going in the complete opposite direction. In 2015, Flacco didn't even get hit that badly, it just hit the wrong angle on his knee. Mason Rudolph got hit in the facemask. Roethlisberger didn't even make contact with anyone. Injuries are, unfortunately, just part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you do realize he had a leg injury prior to the game, right? Very similar to RG3 injury where people question whether he should have been playing to begin with. RG3 was never the same...
    This is the correct answer. Mahomes was already injured and at increased risk for a more significant injury. Not unlike Kevin Durant in the NBA playoff this year. Got hurt and still played, and ended up with a much more serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Sliding got Joe lit up by Alonzo...

I'm just saying, it's football. There's a 100% chance you are going to get hurt or injured at some point. Let it rip and have fun while your body allows.
    i mean would you rather get tackled or give up a few yards and slide?

im pretty sure the right approach is to slide.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i mean would you rather get tackled or give up a few yards and slide?

im pretty sure the right approach is to slide.
    His point was even if you slide there is a chance of injury (T. Green, J. Flacco)

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    This is the correct answer. Mahomes was already injured and at increased risk for a more significant injury. Not unlike Kevin Durant in the NBA playoff this year. Got hurt and still played, and ended up with a much more serious injury.
    Yeah I know. I think there was an article out there today about whether they should shut him down for the season to ensure he's fully healed. Like what are the chances of something catastrophic if he comes back in 3 to 4 weeks?

No.

Jeez.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Actually Lamar is very good at not taking big hits. He really hasn’t taken one clean shot all season. The worst hit came last game when he ran up the middle and got hit in the head with a helmet, then bent backwards. That’s one you don’t need to take. Other than that most of the time he is running out of bounds or going down before he gets hit.

Flacco got sacked 9 times last night. He took more punishment in the one game in the pocket, then Lamar has all games combined.

Blog Entries

When your QB has a leg injury going into the game, where you know how serious it really is, you do not run him on a QB sneak. He could be hurt on a dropback pass, but that does not mean that you invite a pile as what can be had on a sneak.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't think so.

Foles was hit when passing
    Brees hit his hand while passing
    Roethlisberger snapped his ligament while passing
    Darnold got sick
    Luck hurt his ankle as some point but no one knows when
    Rudolph got hit while dropping back
    Siemien got hit after passing

That's everyone I can remember and none where scrambling
    I think Rudolph was scrambling.
    He stepped up in the pocket, then looked like he was going to run, then turned left along the line of scrimmage, and did a small jump pass type of throw at the last second at the 9-10 yard line, when he was hit by Thomas.
    Line of scrimmage was the 11 yardline.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Injuring someone is much easier when they are moving slower and vertical. LJ is very good at keeping his helmet and pads a big forward with a lean at around 20 mph. His feet aren't grounded where taking a bit to the knee has a greater chance of going the wrong way.

He also knows how to get out of bounds of angle enough to deflect direct blows. It's just like fighting. You are going to get hit but having the ability to really have most of the damaging force redirected or miss altogether is key.

Hey is such a ridiculously gifted athelete, even compared to other NFL players, that he is able to do this instinctively. I do remember watching Vick but LJ looks even smoother.

Blog Entries

Lamar was doing a very good job of avoiding hits by running out of bounds earlier in the season. The last two games he has been turning upfield a bit too much and taking unnecessary hits. I don’t mind him running so long as he gets down or runs out of bounds to avoid hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Lamar just needs to go out of bounds when he gets the yards he needs. Most of the time he can do that clean.