Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

LJ- An Untouchable?

There has to be something else to talk about today instead of Joe Flacco. Just read this little write up on PFT that I found interesting,

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ard-to-refuse/

The question is, does LJ also fall into the “get out of here with that crap” category if someone were to offer the Ravens the same package that the Jags got for Jalen Ramsey?

I say yes. I think it’s getting pretty safe to say, even if you’ve been a bit skeptical, that they hit the jackpot with LJ. I’m grateful as a fan to not have to watch them go through a bunch of different quarterbacks again. LJ’s game isn’t perfect yet, but he’s shown enough to give him the benefit of the doubt that once fully developed there should be a legit run at championships. No way any trade unless it involved an equal QB would make the Ravens any better.

PS- Basking in Flacco’s failures is odd behavior.

Re: LJ- An Untouchable?

Look at QBs in LJs draft class.. Rosen has had a lot of bad luck but looks like garbage. Mayfield is overrated. Allen and Darnold think you need to see more.

Two first round picks could be Josh Rosen and Hayden Hurst/Perriman.

No way I’m trading LJ for 2 first round picks

Blog Entries

You really have to look at the exact same terms.

2 1st round picks in 2 different years
    1 4th round pick in the next year
    The player in year 4 which is the last cheap year before the 5th year option
    The team trading for the player currently at .500 so assume a mid 1st draft pick for next year.

Given all that and looking at $35+ million a year for LJ I'd probably make that trade given his current level of production. However if Jackson continues to improve at the same rate by year 4 I could feel different. Trading a star QB isn't the same as a star CB or any other position.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    It wasn’t Flacco hate. Rather, it was a shot at the Flacco fanboys who went into hiding. I find it funny how little the levels of reading comprehension is here for some members
    Flacco hate or fanboy hate - either way, WHY?
    The other thread got tossed for good reason, no need to invade this one with it.

To the OP, no I would not trade LJ for 2 1st round picks. Nor would I trade Andrews for it...or Stanley...or Humphrey.
    When you hit on a bonafide guy - regardless of round actually, that's worth way more than "what's behind door number 2".
    Yup, you MIGHT hit on another one...but you are just as likely not to.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You really have to look at the exact same terms.

2 1st round picks in 2 different years
    1 4th round pick in the next year
    The player in year 4 which is the last cheap year before the 5th year option
    The team trading for the player currently at .500 so assume a mid 1st draft pick for next year.

Given all that and looking at $35+ million a year for LJ I'd probably make that trade given his current level of production. However if Jackson continues to improve at the same rate by year 4 I could feel different. Trading a star QB isn't the same as a star CB or any other position.
    The trade is offered right now I should have said that. You can’t wait any longer to evaluate LJ, and no guarantee you’d ever see that trade offered again. At a crossroads to hitch your wagons to LJ.

Next year and the following year they would be getting first round picks from lets just say the Dolphins. This year’s fourth. The player has full exclusive negotiating power, and nothing gets in the way. Just say LJ isn’t refusing the trade.

That’s a sweet pot. Now, do you make the deal?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    The trade is offered right now I should have said that. You can’t wait any longer to evaluate LJ, and no guarantee you’d ever see that trade offered again. At a crossroads to hitch your wagons to LJ.

Next year and the following year they would be getting first round picks from lets just say the Dolphins. This year’s fourth. The player has full exclusive negotiating power, and nothing gets in the way. Just say LJ isn’t refusing the trade.

That’s a sweet pot. Now, do you make the deal?
    As of right now. Yes, I make that trade. I like Lamar Jackson a lot but I do think he's playing with fire running so often. I could easily see him having a Cam Newton type physical breakdown before he's 30

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'd probably make that trade given his current level of production.
    His current level of production is great. There's not much more we could expect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth the Raven View Post
    His current level of production is great. There's not much more we could expect.
    Who is expecting more?

If you are going to turn down 2 1st round picks and a 4th round pick from the Dolphins that player to me has to be competing for the All Pro team. Lamar Jackson isn't doing that yet.

Yes and no are definitely both the right answer, which makes it that much harder. Still though, LJ is the closest thing I see (except Tucker) who is getting their statue built outside of the stadium one day. From a business perspective, not taking that deal is bad business. The intangible is something, for me anyway, that you’re not going to do any better than where you’re at.

Sure you’d get another QB and hope whoever is better than LJ, then you have another rookie QB starting next season. As a fan, unless there is no other choice I don’t want to watch that again yet. I’m more interested in LJ’s player journey now than the next Baker Mayfield or whatever. Whatever you do with the other first round pick, yes pretty much pick your position to upgrade, but is that enough.

LJ seems like a cool kid and he’s fun as hell to watch play most of the time. Who knows, but there is a special talent there that if not derailed somehow, looks like he might be the sort of player that will transcend into the next legendary Baltimore sports hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    The question is, does LJ also fall into the “get out of here with that crap” category if someone were to offer the Ravens the same package that the Jags got for Jalen Ramsey?
    I don't see how this is even a legitimate question.

It's akin to saying that my heart is for sale if you have enough money to pay for it. Sure, somebody might pay your price...but you'd be...dead.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    It wasn’t Flacco hate. Rather, it was a shot at the Flacco fanboys who went into hiding. I find it funny how little the levels of reading comprehension is here for some members
    Who has specifically gone into hiding?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

My only concern with Jackson would be wear and tear from all of these carries. He does a good job of avoiding contact, but he still takes more hits than he should. Just from the mere volume of carries. Therefore, for me, he's about as close to untouchable without absolutely declaring it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore