Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: FWO!!

Re: FWO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Eh, I stopped being a big Joe fan 3 or so years ago, but he was a good soldier here...and his protection in Denver is even worse than anything I've seen here.

Wish him nothing but the best.
    I've never seen Joe take such a beating as he did last night. It was terrible. That was the worst I've seen Denver's o-line look all year.

I hated to see it and I hope he considers hanging them up after this season (which he'll inevitably be benched).

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Flacco before he got paid was very good but elite. I'll take that. The problem was A) His extension B) His play after his extension

He regressed. He's been regressing even further ever since his injury. I'm with you about the ROH thing I made the same argument to me he is not ROH material.
    I gotcha. We both have differing opinions on what a "very good" and "elite" qb is. To me, Flacco was always flukey. Even more so than his doppelganger Eli Manning.

I didn't like Flacco's play since after the Superbowl and I was ready to see him go simce about 2015 but I do think he should go in the ROH. Up to this point he is the best QB that they have had and led the team to a SB. You cant deny his playoff run and you can look back to the previous season and say that were it not for Lee Evans and Cundiff he would have beaten Brady and been in the SB that year too.

Barring injury, Lamar will certainly supplant Joe as the franchise's best QB. But that wouldn't change my opinion that Joe should be in the ROH

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I didn't like Flacco's play since after the Superbowl and I was ready to see him go simce about 2015 but I do think he should go in the ROH. Up to this point he is the best QB that they have had and led the team to a SB. You cant deny his playoff run and you can look back to the previous season and say that were it not for Lee Evans and Cundiff he would have beaten Brady and been in the SB that year too.

Barring injury, Lamar will certainly supplant Joe as the franchise's best QB. But that wouldn't change my opinion that Joe should be in the ROH
    No way Joe should be in the ROH. That would set the bar of entry too low for a quarterback to get in.

However, I would be open to that idea if Ernest Byner's name was taken down.

Joe Flacco absolutely should be in the ROH.

How is this even a debate?

WTF is this thread?
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

From the highlights - I see Flacco regressing back to some of the mistakes that cost us games against Pittsburgh in 2008-2009 (sack/strip). His mobility is completely gone. He's still getting passes batted down at the line (how does that even happen with a 6'6" quarterback?)

It's all of the same problems he had here. Jackson is not having those problems here (very different player, but offensive production as a whole is WAY up here).

The Ravens absolutely made the right moves in 2018/2019 to draft Jackson, bench Flacco when they did, rally around a rookie QB, then offload the odd man out in the offseason. It sucks watching a man who won us a Super Bowl (that does not happen without him) deteriorate so badly, but Father Time (and his cousin, Injuries) conquer everyone on their own time.

Time will tell if Jackson (and a TON of running - mostly due to the increased hits, but also a discussion for elsewhere) is the best choice, but at the very least he was and is the right choice.

Flacco should probably be benched, and he may not be mentally prepared to hang up the cleats. When he does, he deserves to come back and retire in Baltimore, where he did every meaningful thing in his career. Hopefully the animosity of some fans will die down and they can filter out everything after 2014. 2012 happened on his arm, and he deserves the lifetime recognition for that around here. But yeah, he's done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    He gets what he deserves
    $20,000,000.00? ... Bc

Surprised this Topic and OP wasn't deleted. Ridiculous, petty and quite sad when a fan base and a few low-IQ Message Board warriors attack a former Raven that did nothing but represent the team and the city in a proud and prideful manner.

Itís pretty sad to see the same 9-5er in year 12 as in year 1

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Stunningly a lot of fans forget the QB drought from 2001-2007 and a wasted #1 pick. When Joe was drafted the Ravens went on their best run ever from 2008-2014. Yes it was tough watching Joe get sacked like that last night in an orange uniform. What he really deserves is to retire and come back to Baltimore to be inducted into the Ravens Ring Of Honor as 1 of 2 Super Bowl MVPs. Just be glad they drafted Joe when they did and then drafted Lamar when they did.
    This.

We were Browns like for the first 12 years of this franchise.

1996 Vinny Testaverde (16)
    1997 Vinny Testaverde (13) / Eric Zeier (3)
    1998 Jim Harbaugh (12) / Eric Zeier (4)
    1999 Tony Banks (10) / Stoney Case (4) / Scott Mitchell (2)
    2000 Tony Banks (8) / Trent Dilfer (8)
    2001 Elvis Grbac (14) / Randall Cunningham (2)
    2002 Jeff Blake (10) / Chris Redman (6)
    2003 Kyle Boller (9) / Anthony Wright (7)
    2004 Kyle Boller (16)
    2005 Kyle Boller (9) / Anthony Wright (7)
    2006 Steve McNair (16)
    2007 Kyle Boller (8) / Steve McNair (6) / Troy Smith (2)

Then Joe. Followed by 5 years of playoff appearances, winning a game each year.

Who remembers in 2012 when Denver pick'd Flacco for a 98 yard TD and Joe lingered on the turf after attempting a diving tackle? Devner fans started calling that "Flacco'ing". That could have been the turning point for him in Baltimore. The end.

What did he do after that?

Let's start with beating the Colts in the playoffs, our old team, that had tortured us for a decade and bumped us from the playoffs twice. That was a huge. I don't know how old these guys are but the psychological wound from the Colts leaving didn't really heal after we got a team back. I'm not sure anyone that was old enough to feel the full devastation of the Colts leaving understands how important beating the Colts was in that game. For me that win pretty much ended all that.

Then he went into Foxboro and beat the Patriots, healing another wound. The wound from the previous year where he threw a near perfect ball to Lee Evans that would like have won the game and sent us to the Superbowl was the most painful loss, for me, in franchise history. How many times have they lost at home in the playoffs in the Belichick era? Talk about walking into the lion's den.

Then he went into Denver in the coldest home playoff game in Bronco history, 13 degrees, and beat Peyton fucking Manning and making up for the loss a few weeks earlier that could have defined him. Manning was the last biggest baddest level boss, more hated than Brady (again for me at least), and lifted the last psychological monkey off of our backs. He created a memory with that pass to Jones to tie the game that I don't think will ever be surpassed in Ravens history (hope I'm wrong). My Browns-fan like grudge against Manning ended that night and it felt great.

The Superbowl was gravy that year. That was icing. We won and that was great but what Joe had done in those three games and how he did it couldn't have been more perfect.

I will never understand the guys here that feel compelled to attack Flacco. It just seems so off and out of touch and a tad crazy. I don't know what's going on in these guys heads but as far as I'm concerned it's their problem, not the rest of ours.

First of all, some of you haters with the nastiness- need inner healing to find out what's really eating you on the inside! Just uncalled for even in a "football hatred" playful sense.

Joe was never ELITE- however he had ELITE streaks like 11 TD's to 1 interception in the amazing miraculous run of 2012 culminating in a SB Ring. Joe did his part- and we don't win that game or even get to that game without him.

Under Kubiak - Joe found another level to his game- right system- fell short with some cheating from up North.

from there he was on a slippery slope- well documented.

If there really is an issue to be angry about- it is the amount of money that was paid to him post SB that hamstrung the Ravens front office from putting talent around him.

Joe was always a class act in B- More. Give honor where honor is due and be grateful for the next installment of greatness with Lamar..... and some of you get some of that anger out of your system- its killing you!

What are you really angry about?

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This.

We were Browns like for the first 12 years of this franchise.

1996 Vinny Testaverde (16)
    1997Vinny Testaverde (13) / Eric Zeier (3)
    1998Jim Harbaugh (12) / Eric Zeier (4)
    1999Tony Banks (10) / Stoney Case (4) / Scott Mitchell (2)
    2000Tony Banks (8) / Trent Dilfer (8)
    2001Elvis Grbac (14) / Randall Cunningham (2)
    2002Jeff Blake (10) / Chris Redman (6)
    2003Kyle Boller (9) / Anthony Wright (7)
    2004Kyle Boller (16)
    2005Kyle Boller (9) / Anthony Wright (7)
    2006Steve McNair (16)
    2007Kyle Boller (8) / Steve McNair (6) / Troy Smith (2)

Then Joe. Followed by 5 years of playoff appearances, winning a game each year.

Who remembers in 2012 when Denver pick'd Flacco for a 98 yard TD and Joe lingered on the turf after attempting a diving tackle? Devner fans started calling that "Flacco'ing". That could have been the turning point for him in Baltimore. The end.

What did he do after that?

Let's start with beating the Colts in the playoffs, our old team, that had tortured us for a decade and bumped us from the playoffs twice. That was a huge. I don't know how old these guys are but the psychological wound from the Colts leaving didn't really heal after we got a team back. I'm not sure anyone that was old enough to feel the full devastation of the Colts leaving understands how important beating the Colts was in that game. For me that win pretty much ended all that.

Then he went into Foxboro and beat the Patriots, healing another wound. The wound from the previous year where he threw a near perfect ball to Lee Evans that would like have won the game and sent us to the Superbowl was the most painful loss, for me, in franchise history.

Then he went into Denver in the coldest home playoff game in Bronco history, 13 degrees, and beat Peyton fucking Manning and making up for the loss a few weeks earlier. Manning was the last level boss, more hated than Brady (again for me at least), and lifted the last psychological monkey off of our backs. He created a memory with that pass to Jones to tie the game that I don't think will ever be surpassed in Ravens history (hope I'm wrong). My Browns-fan like grudge against Manning ended that night and it felt great.

The Superbowl was gravy that year. That was icing. We won and that was great but what Joe had done in those three games and how he did it couldn't have been more perfect.

I will never understand the guys here that feel compelled to attack Flacco. It just seems so off and out of touch and a tad crazy. I don't know what's going on in these guys heads but as far as I'm concerned it's their problem, not the rest of ours.
    Well said.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk