Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FWO!!

Re: FWO!!

Some truly classy, high-quality football discussion going on here.
    Proud member of the "looks like I was wrong about Lamar Jackson" club.

Man this Flacco hate is weird

3. Re: FWO!!

Last night was sad to see.

He can still throw it, and when protected his accuracy, IMO, is still nice despite what Troy Aikman was talking about.

What I saw was

1) His mobility has totally left him. The back injury and blown out knee has made him old. Go back and look at highlights of the Superbowl, or even him in Kubiak's '14 offense. A totally different person.

2) Denver's offensive line is total trash. Its why when we have these thread trashing our offensive line, I laugh. Flacco had the defensive end in his lap everytime. And not off the edge / c-gap type pressure. They were bullrushing so effective and doing inside swims it was basically b-gap and with his limited mobility there was no-where to go.

3) Noah Fant at this point in his career is trash. Dropped 3 big play that were all nice throws from Flacco, f*ck Troy Aikman's noise

4) Denver had no run game so playaction wasn't helpful for Joe. Their line is just such trash. They need at least 2 draft picks and 1 FA next offseason to protect Lock. I'm assuming Joe is out and likely retires.

Its sad to see it end this way for him. FWIW, Denver also messed up not keeping Kubiak on staff. All he wanted to do was hire his kid / do ONE nepotism type hire, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post

It's not really that difficult to understand for the last four years he held this organization back and wasted a ton of great defenses.

It's the same reason many of us who watched Boller still hold a grudge against him. When you have a championship caliber defense and roster but have a complete stiff at qb nothing is more frustrating as a fan. He'll I almost wish we were worse because at least then Flacco would have just been another bad player on a bad team.

5. Re: FWO!!

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    It's not really that difficult to understand for the last four years he held this organization back and wasted a ton of great defenses.

It's the same reason many of us who watched Boller still hold a grudge against him. When you have a championship caliber defense and roster but have a complete stiff at qb nothing is more frustrating as a fan. He'll I almost wish we were worse because at least then Flacco would have just been another bad player on a bad team.
    That is actually a hilarious take to me. It always has to be all or nothing!

Flacco had TWO 2-TD leads against the Patriots in 2014 with Kubiak. The defense was the over-invested in appendage that couldn't keep up IT'S end of the bargain.

But that was the Kubiak year before joe blew out his knee, and hurt his back, and when he had ACTUAL coordination and weapons.

The reality is just that his skill diminished after his injury in 2015, and the team never invested around him properly either. The idea that he held the team back? We must not be looking at the same underachieving defense post Ray/Ed or at the same failed drafting strategies by Ozzie newsome 2013 and on.

The number of draft busts Ozzie had was vast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    It’s not joe flacco hate, it’s flacco fanboy hate. Most here got tired of the lame ass excuses fanboys were giving him. Now that flacco has proven that we were right about him, no Flacco fanboy wants to talk about it or admit they were wrong. Nah man, y’all have to take this one on the chin. Who else is there to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    It’s not joe flacco hate, it’s flacco fanboy hate. Most here got tired of the lame ass excuses fanboys were giving him. Now that flacco has proven that we were right about him, no Flacco fanboy wants to talk about it or admit they were wrong. Nah man, y’all have to take this one on the chin. Who else is there to blame?
    Ok.... the Flacco fanboy hate is weird.

The guy hasn’t been out QB for a season. Grow up and move on already.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Ok.... the Flacco fanboy hate is weird.

The guy hasn’t been out QB for a season. Grow up and move on already.
    I mean, I’m not surprised that y’all are being so sensitive right now. Last night was a train wreck. It’s just funny, after all that shit you and others talked last season/offseason this is your response. I think you should grow up and admit you were wrong, like a man. If Flacco would have been lighting it up, there would be threads all over the place. But since he has continued to play like shit, nobody is allowed to talk about it.
    Last edited by camdenyard; 10-18-2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary content

I dont think flacco sucks as bad as he has actually played the last several years. Its just that he doesnt care. I think hes shown he can be a good game manager if he wants. The only problem is that he only wanted that to get a big pay day on his rookie deal. After cashing in, he just had to show up for the games. But mentally he just gave up, he didnt care about winning or what he could do to help the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

I think he was fine until they injuries. Still, if they had moved on from him sooner we might not have gotten Lamar. I liked Flacco and it's sad to see his decline but we'll always have 2012, plus 5 straight playoff berths and that completely unexpected 2008 playoff run including the Titans upset.

Blog Entries

It's sad to see. It doesn't always end like Peyton Manning did winning a title despite severely diminished skills. Joe Flacco got his last big payday but it's burying any legacy he had.
    Long Live The Bat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk