Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elijah Cummings

Elijah Cummings

While I didn't agree with this man's politics, he was a major player in our government. He did care about the Baltimore community. Sad news.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Re: Elijah Cummings

Guess carrying the weight of all that corruption was too much for the ol'chap.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Impeached by God.

Cummings is proof that as long as you have a smile and seen as "progressive" you can get away with anything. He literally robbed the city blind while his constituents lived in squalor but will be remembered fondly because he was for public healthcare and supported BLM.

I get it... I stand against everything that man stood for. I agree that he was insanely corrupt. I also think that he actually was involved in the Civil Rights campaigns that were a positive in the country when we needed it.

I felt the same way about John McCain. I hated everything that man stood for at the end of his life. I thought he went out in a bitter, and small way. I also think he was an absolute war hero that did amazing things in his younger years.

There is a common thread here: Washington has the ability to take the best of us, and corrupt us beyond recovery. I think that there is something inherently "THERE" when someone even WANTS to run for office. Some hole they need to feel that only the perception of being "needed or important" can fill. Then, between the over-abundance and unhealthiness of excessive praise, and un-warranted financial benefits... people just go wrong. It is like Britney Spears. Everyone criticizes her for being messed up in the head... a "trainwreck". Who, of us, would be normal if we spent our entire life being told by millions of people that we were the best, and could do no wrong, and we were being financially rewarded with a world without monetary restrictions?

I can dislike everything about what he stood for, and dislike that he lived a life that took advantage of the most disadvantaged.... but he was also just a pawn, and had his own issues that led to being that man. I feel bad for him. He may have been happily aware that he was being used, but the fact remains is that he was just a used and soulless vessel at the very end.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    Impeached by God.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    While I didn't agree with this man's politics, he was a major player in our government. He did care about the Baltimore community. Sad news.
    He did care, once every 4 years around November. Not to worry, there will be 20 some other swamp creatures looking to fill his shoes and continue to exploit the less fortunate and the less fortunate will continue to vote for said creatures. It's a vicious cycle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Guess carrying the weight of all that corruption was too much for the ol'chap.
    Not to worry, his wife can carry on with his corruption, since I'm guessing the investigation into her charity ethics has been buried by now.

I was kind of shocked to find out he was only 68.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I was kind of shocked to find out he was only 68.
    Yeah, but I heard that he identified as 58.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Cummings is proof that as long as you have a smile and seen as "progressive" you can get away with anything. He literally robbed the city blind while his constituents lived in squalor but will be remembered fondly because he was for public healthcare and supported BLM.
    I don’t remember ever seeing him smile. Every time I remember seeing him It was him yelling and screaming about something.

And Hell suddenly became a much more uncomfortable place to spend eternity.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock