Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elijah Cummings

Blog Entries

Re: Elijah Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I don’t remember ever seeing him smile. Every time I remember seeing him It was him yelling and screaming about something.
    Only when he was walking the streets of Baltimore with gang members during the Freddie Gray riots.

Classy... Was he really that awful? Genuine question, I don´t know him too well, only that he seemed fairly respected on both sides?
    And by judging comments here was into some seriously shady business...?

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Classy... Was he really that awful? Genuine question, I don´t know him too well, only that he seemed fairly respected on both sides?
    He was not respected on both sides. Well, perhaps years ago when he was part of the Civil Rights movement. As a politician he was as corrupt as they come. Still waiting on an answer to where all the federal money given to his district went. Lately, his sole purpose in life (aside from getting richer) was to impeach Trump. It’s pretty sad when the whole mission of him and the rest of his cronies is to impeach a President when everything is going well in the Country. He, Pelosi, Waters, Schiff,etc can’t stand the fact that our economy is good, unemployment is low, and other positive things are happening here because it takes power away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He was not respected on both sides. Well, perhaps years ago when he was part of the Civil Rights movement. As a politician he was as corrupt as they come. Still waiting on an answer to where all the federal money given to his district went. Lately, his sole purpose in life (aside from getting richer) was to impeach Trump. It’s pretty sad when the whole mission of him and the rest of his cronies is to impeach a President when everything is going well in the Country. He, Pelosi, Waters, Schiff,etc can’t stand the fact that our economy is good, unemployment is low, and other positive things are happening here because it takes power away from them.
    The really sad part. His staff claims that Cummings was signing impeachment papers from his death bed.

Now think about that. He was in hospice. You only go there when your time is short. That you can’t take care of yourself. And he was signing impeachment documents???

And this was a long standing illness. And he was in hospice. But his death this morning was a shock to all. No one knew he was in hospice. No one knew he was signing impeachment documents from his death bed. This is shady.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Only when he was walking the streets of Baltimore with gang members during the Freddie Gray riots.
    The fact that he even consorted with gang members just shows what a piece of shit he was

The reason he was being used.....and had to accept that fate was that he had to pay the price.......he had to pay the price for what he received. He had to "pay the piper". You see there is always a price to pay when you sell your soul to corruption. He held people in economic chains. He was the modern day slave master. He sold his people.....for his place at the table. I don't feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for his constituents. He told them that they needed him to solve their issues all the while keeping them in the hood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post

Shit like this is why I don't even bother posting down here anymore. (Cue the disparaging comments). Bottom line, no matter which side of the aisle you stand on, this was a human who is no longer here. Compassion and common decency has disappeared from the modern political landscape.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post

Shit like this is why I don't even bother posting down here anymore. (Cue the disparaging comments). Bottom line, no matter which side of the aisle you stand on, this was a human who is no longer here. Compassion and common decency has disappeared from the modern political landscape.
    Man... I actually started this thread, and continued, by being apathetic to this guys humanity. I can understand people disliking the guy... and I'm guilty of the same when McCain died. I'm with you though... you can dislike someone and maintain humanity.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post

I´d stay away if I were you. It´s contagious, one gets hauled into the same bitterness and resent that rules this part of the forum...

But perhaps someone can tell me exactly how and what Cummings did that made everyone, sans Ditkas, do nothing but mock and spite, on the day of his death? And no, not some "Still waiting to hear what happened to those billions Trump talked about derrr derrr", hard facts, or atleast something incriminating about how corrupt this man was?

this was nice...