Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Hollywood Brown this weekend?

Yes, we would love to see him play this Sunday, but it is a marathon.
    Either way, I hope they DON'T rush him back if he isn't ready.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'd love to have everybody healthy. But I also think Lamar was locking into Hollywood too much. Last week, Lamar hit nine different receivers. That's probably a good thing.

So if Hollywood takes the bye week to get healthy for the Pats, I'm okay with it.
    That is an excellent point. I felt the same way about him locking in on Hollywood too much. This may help Lamar in the long run, but I do hope Brown can play this weekend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Yes, we would love to see him play this Sunday, but it is a marathon.
    Either way, I hope they DON'T rush him back if he isn't ready.
    R44, I agree. If Hollywood and Jimmy Smith need this week off (then comes our BYE week), it's more important to have them healthy for the remaining 9 games... Bc

It's looking like neither will play. I think without Brown this loss is more than likely cemented.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    It's looking like neither will play. I think without Brown this loss is more than likely cemented.
    Yeah I have a hard time seeing us pulling this one off.

I look at it this way.
    Lamar is not making all the mistakes Mayfield is making with turning the football over.
    So that will help our defense.
    Plus, our defense is playing better football since the Browns game.
    Adding Marcus Peters should help the defense, too.
    So, if you add in Lamar's running ability, we should have a better chance of beating the Seahawks.
    The Browns fought with them to the end.
    So, in the end, can our Ravens make enough plays to pull it out?
    I think we can. But we certainly can't have boneheaded penalties and easy drops.
    I think this will be another nailbiter to the very end and might possibly come down to who has the ball last.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I look at it this way.
    Lamar is not making all the mistakes Mayfield is making with turning the football over.
    So that will help our defense.
    Plus, our defense is playing better football since the Browns game.
    Adding Marcus Peters should help the defense, too.
    So, if you add in Lamar's running ability, we should have a better chance of beating the Seahawks.
    The Browns fought with them to the end.
    So, in the end, can our Ravens make enough plays to pull it out?
    I think we can. But we certainly can't have boneheaded penalties and easy drops.
    I think this will be another nailbiter to the very end and might possibly come down to who has the ball last.
    The Browns defense is significantly better than ours. They have one of the best front 7s in the league imo.

I would feel better about our #1WR being out if our #2WR wasn't giving up on his routes

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The Browns defense is significantly better than ours. They have one of the best front 7s in the league imo.
    Oh, I agree the Browns defense is better.
    Its just our Ravens put over 400 yards on them and made mistakes at critical times, leaving points off the board.
    Plus, I don't think our defense will be put in bad positions by Lamar. He is a quick study and has really limited his mistakes.
    So, the Seahawks will have to earn all of it. And they will make plays, we know that.
    But the Seahawks are built a lot like us.
    The Ravens are definitely the underdog, but I could see them putting enough together for an upset.
    What if Peters makes a play and causes a turnover? What if Lamar connects with an open Snead THIS time from 50+ out?
    I know we have the talent, I don't know of we can play mistake free football for 60 minutes like the Miami game...every pass was on the money, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    That doesn't appear to be the case from the nextGen data:

Overall: 147/230, 8 TD, 6 INT, Avg AY per Att: 6.98, Avg AY per Com: 5.36

By QB:
    Andrew Dalton - 35/51, 2 TD, 0 INT, Avg AY per Att: 7.28, Avg AY per Com: 6.85
    Missing from chart: 0/2, 0 TD, 0 INT

Ben Roethlisberger - 8/15, 0 TD, 0 INT, Avg AY per Att: 6.83, Avg AY per Com: 1.86
    Missing from chart: 0/0, 0 TD, 0 INT
    Mason Rudolph - 12/19, 2 TD, 1 INT, Avg AY per Att: 8.71, Avg AY per Com: 6.42

Theodore Bridgewater - 19/27, 2 TD, 0 INT, Avg AY per Att: 3.44, Avg AY per Com: 1.98

Kyler Murray - 22/32, 0 TD, 1 INT, Avg AY per Att: 4.61, Avg AY per Com: 3.22
    Missing from chart: 0/2, 0 TD, 0 INT

Jared Goff - 29/49, 1 TD, 1 INT, Avg AY per Att: 8.52, Avg AY per Com: 6.84

Baker Mayfield - 22/37, 1 TD, 3 INT, Avg AY per Att: 8.26, Avg AY per Com: 6.78
    Missing from chart: 0/1, 0 TD, 0 INT

(I'll reformat this post so the data is in a table tomorrow)
    Jeez, that looks like a lot of passes behind the line of scrimmage to me. 3 TD given up there too

Quote Originally Posted by webbrick2007 View Post
    At 5'8" and 160lbs is he really going to be able to stay healthy

I wish they would only use him on deep throws, and quick slants

I fear his career will be short
    This doesn’t seem like an injury that was caused by a big hit. Neither was the one in college. Sometimes these things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    I would feel better about our #1WR being out if our #2WR wasn't giving up on his routes
    I’ve heard a lot of this sentiment about Boykin and now Snead.

They’re not “giving up on their routes”. Sitting down in zones is a common practice. But it seems it’s not what Lamar wants them to do. They’ll get on the same page eventually.