Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Jimmy Smith back at practice

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Don't worry, I am.
    . My man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    This is playing in to what I think should be the defensive scheme against Brady: if you can't get pressure with 4, don't bother. Drop everyone else into coverage. Brady isn't going to take off running so you don't have to worry about him going anywhere. Even when we had Suggs in his prime, he never got to Brady enough to throw him off his game (he'd get there, but not with headache levels of success).

So, accept that pass rush is a weakness for that game, recognize that masking it with 6+ blitzes is a terrible idea against Brady, and drop everyone back. Make him hold the ball just that extra half second. Their run game is not all that effective (only 3.5 ypc).
    I feel the exact opposite. If you play coverage, Brady will pick you apart. If he knows he's got 4-5 seconds back there, even our CBs won't cover that long. Brady will find the holes.

I'd be more inclined to run a lot of aggressive blitzes. Trust the guys to hang on to their 1v1 matchups on the outside long enough to let the blitz get home. Mix it up. If you get burned on a zero blitz, so be it.

I look at the 2014 playoff game. We played coverage all day because our CBs sucked and they needed help. And Brady gave us death by paper cuts. The one time we did blitz, Brady immediately found Rashaan Melvin in 1v1 coverage, and threw a TD pass.

Well, Melvin isn't here anymore. We got a bunch of grown-ass men. So let Brady decide which 1v1 matchup he wants to go after. But don't give him too long to think about it.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I'd be more inclined to run a lot of aggressive blitzes. Trust the guys to hang on to their 1v1 matchups on the outside long enough to let the blitz get home. Mix it up. If you get burned on a zero blitz, so be it.
    Wink is pretty much your ideal DC, then. He's gonna blitz, and then blitz some more.

Analytics. Big word for saying what seems to be obvious. With the emphasis on getting the ball out fast there is almost no chance to get to a qb. A 300+ pound man can’t rush 10-12 yards through another 300+ pound man and get to a qb in under 2 seconds. For every tenth second after that his chances go up 5-10%. But even at 4 seconds it’s still maybe 50:50 for smart qb who can move around. Good CBs do extend the time you get to rush when they give great coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    How’s this play out? Hump and Peters outside/ Jimmy inside? Hump/ Jimmy outside/ Peters inside?

Peters has to play. 2x pro bowler doesn’t sit. Hump is our best DB. So that leaves Jimmy and Carr. Need one for Nickel. Other guy is depth.

Can Peters play inside?

I think Jimmy is reliant on the outside

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Jimmy cannot play Safety. Carr can help at Safety. Peters cannot play Nickle. Carr can help at Nickle.
    Carr had some practice time this offseason at Safety so I'd expect some packages with him at Safety.

Blog Entries

It seems to me that Wink is going to play more man and start sending the house to get to the qb. Carr will likely play some Safety, Marlon or Carr is the best option at the slot. Jimmy and Peters are strictly outside corners.

The things that excites me the most with Marcus Peters is his ball skills. He has some insane INT numbers. And although he has been up/down since leaving KC, he is surrounded by other good corners. You put Marlon on teams #1, Jimmy/Marcus on teams #2. Provides alot of flexibity in the back end. Decosta had to be watching Dalton pick on Canady all game with the size mismatch and said " F this" I'm getting good corners everywhere so qb's will pay.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

8. Re: Jimmy Smith back at practice

I recall jimmy struggling early with double moves. Our coaches coached him up. I have full confidence we can get the best out of peters. If we do, and he’s a great fit in locker room. I would not mind locking him up as long and humphrey and Stanley are as close to guaranteed to be resigned as possible. With young coming back, Marlon and peters outside would be a hell of a secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    I think Jimmy is reliant on the outside
    I think moving Jimmy inside is our best bet. Peters isn't a great tackler. Humphrey is too valuable to be moved inside.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Humphrey can play pretty much anywhere.
    I think we see Jimmy and Peters on the outside and Humph shadowing Edelman vs the Pats

EDIT: Jimmy and Peters... just a couple of dicks

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I think we see Jimmy and Peters on the outside and Humph shadowing Edelman vs the Pats

EDIT: Jimmy and Peters... just a couple of dicks
    I see what you did there. Lmao.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    If I had to guess, the way it works out is Jimmy ends up elsewhere.

we just have bigger needs elsewhere but that highly depends on what else is available.
    Think that would've happened in the offseason if it was going to happen. Who is going to take him now with the injury concerns.