Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bowser

Re: Bowser

I think really it's the behind the scenes stuff that matters. Right? Like how does the player look in meetings? How does the player look in practice? Is there improvement being seen. Are they getting it, even if slowly, more than they did a year ago, month ago, day ago? That's stuff we as the fans aren't privy to. What are your alternatives? I bet you if we had a bunch of OLBs absolutely tearing it up in preseason and camp, Bowser would probably have been out of there. But that didn't happen. Williams looked underwhelming. It looked like there was going to be an adjustment period with Ferguson. Obviously Shane Ray didn't light the world on fire. So the best option you have is Bowser, even if it's not a great one.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Has this three game stretch with two sacks been accompanied by an uptick in pressures? Or has he just gotten home both times he's gotten through this month?

I feel like I saw him in the backfield earlier on that 4th quarter drive last week before the sack as well, but I might be mistaken.

Blog Entries

It has seemed sporadic to me. One game, he got home on the first drive and didn’t seem to flash the rest of the game. Just kept getting thrown wide by the LT and out of the play altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It has seemed sporadic to me. One game, he got home on the first drive and didn’t seem to flash the rest of the game. Just kept getting thrown wide by the LT and out of the play altogether.
    That was the Browns game.

Bowser vs Greg Robinson is a hilarious matchup. Two physical specimens with no technique or plan whatsoever. I'm sure Robinson wishes he could play a guy like Bowser every week. Just a dude that's gonna sprint straight into his chest every snap that he can just out-muscle.

5. Re: Bowser

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Has this three game stretch with two sacks been accompanied by an uptick in pressures? Or has he just gotten home both times he's gotten through this month?

I feel like I saw him in the backfield earlier on that 4th quarter drive last week before the sack as well, but I might be mistaken.
    The play directly before the sack, he had a hurry that would have been a sack, but he was getting choke-slammed from behind by the LT (a blatant hold that went uncalled, btw).

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    The play directly before the sack, he had a hurry that would have been a sack, but he was getting choke-slammed from behind by the LT (a blatant hold that went uncalled, btw).
    Truth!
    And even just watching the highlights again, every play that Dalton made in that game, the ball was out in 2 seconds or less. Not saying Bowser is the answer by any means, but I think he is improving.

7. Re: Bowser

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Truth!
    And even just watching the highlights again, every play that Dalton made in that game, the ball was out in 2 seconds or less. Not saying Bowser is the answer by any means, but I think he is improving.
    I am a fan of the term "cautiously optimistic," but in the case of Bowser, I am "skeptically hopeful."

I'm not really expecting anything, but would be thrilled beyond belief if he shocked us all, and absolutely lit it up the second half of the season.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk