Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bowser

Re: Bowser

Bowser seems like he's best suited to play WIL in a 3-4. He has pretty good underneath coverage skills and covers the run well, but just seems to be overpowered by most Tackles when playing a pure DE position.

2. Re: Bowser

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Bowser seems like he's best suited to play WIL in a 3-4. He has pretty good underneath coverage skills and covers the run well, but just seems to be overpowered by most Tackles when playing a pure DE position.
    This is an accurate assessment.

Absolutely agree with you.
    I am still hoping the problems with him seemingly being always a step behind might be in his head...
    His case reminds me of another Ravens linebacker that was under performing his first couple of years.

Jamie Sharper. Sharper had all the physical traits but was always a step behind.
    There was some talk of him being replaced.
    Then suddenly, if I recall, it was year 3, the light went on and he was flying all over the field.

Later, he said he was always thinking. Trying to make sure he was always doing the right thing.
    At some point, that sinks in and then instead of thinking, he just played and his instincts took over.

We have heard that a number of players have commented on the defense not being the easiest to grasp.
    It is possible that is part of the problem for the younger guys who have come from a college defense that was simple.

Now, they have to be more cerebral.
    And many of us have noticed how our defensive players are still moving around and talking to each other at the snap of the next play.
    Why is that?
    In the past, our veteran playmakers did that to confuse the opponents offenses, but we know that is not the case with our current squad.
    Today's game speed is just so extremely fast.
    There is no time at the snap to be thinking.
    One hesitation and Chubbs is running 88 yards on a simple off tackle run.
    I am hoping the light goes on very soon for a bunch of our defenders.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

he was drafted to play sam and remember specifically Ozzie's call with him on draft night.

BTW, I don't disagree with you.

Blog Entries

I don't care if Bowser plays SAM or WILL or George for that matter, as long as he develops into the 2nd round draft choice Ozzie thought he would/could be... Bc

6. Re: Bowser

I’ve seen improvement. His hand usage was terrible, he has improved. He had no counter moves, im seeing counter moves. I’m seeing improvement, I keep him. Atleast for this season. Depth atleast.

It sucks that he hasn't shown more. It'd be a great 'next man up' for Judon walking. Instead of paying Judon you pay a RUSH LB and Bowser steps into the SAM.

That's the old Ravens way of doing it, but unfortunately I don't think Bowser is there.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Bowser is going to have to earn a spot in camp next year. I don't see him getting cut before then

Z. Smith didn't have the light to on until his 4th season, however, ED is a completely different GM than Ozzy and won't have the patience unless he gets it. He is improving and hopefully it continues.

I don't see him going anywhere this season though

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenspaintball271 View Post
    I’ve seen improvement. His hand usage was terrible, he has improved. He had no counter moves, im seeing counter moves. I’m seeing improvement, I keep him. Atleast for this season. Depth atleast.
    Yeah he's definitely played a notch or two above Williams and Young. He has some value to the team right now, he's not just sitting there not dressed.

There's no real reason to release him right now. If the Ravens get a guy that plays his position, we can revisit that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It sucks that he hasn't shown more. It'd be a great 'next man up' for Judon walking. Instead of paying Judon you pay a RUSH LB and Bowser steps into the SAM.

That's the old Ravens way of doing it, but unfortunately I don't think Bowser is there.
    Man, we used to talk about replacing McCrary and Boulware. Now we're talking about replacing Judon. Standards have fallen far in the purple pass rush. (And I like Judon. But he is nowhere close to the gamewreckers we have been blessed with in the first twenty years of Ravens history.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Man, we used to talk about replacing McCrary and Boulware. Now we're talking about replacing Judon. Standards have fallen far in the purple pass rush. (And I like Judon. But he is nowhere close to the gamewreckers we have been blessed with in the first twenty years of Ravens history.)
    It’s like that defense wide Hot! It took forever to get Ngata to replace Goose and Adams. Rush ends/OLBs used to just get replaced almost every draft. Then we got Suggs and just looked for a compliment player. MLB seemed locked up forever. Lol. Then we drafted Mosley and now we’re shit. Look at CB. How long was the drought between CMac and Jimmy? Draft position I think plays a lot into it. We’ve drafted late 20’s -30’s quite a few times. Most of the “top” talent is gone by them. And of course lots of “swings and misses”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk