Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Baker Mayfield can't throw

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    “Coming in and turning the team around last season?”....That’s part of the problem right there. He didn’t. They still had a losing record. Trying to make that look overly sexy is handing out participation trophies. They were better, but it was hard to get much worse. Put expectations on Mayfield’s shoulders, and he has folded like a house of cards. Trade away OBJ for an offensive lineman might be a start, it was a stupid trade in hindsight.
    Going from 1 - 31 in 2 back to back seasons, to 7 -8 -1 is a turn around in a positive direction. If you don't recognize that...well, I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I don't think he's as good as Manziel. Manziel actually had a better NFL career than Mayfield so far. Manziel's main issues were off the field.
    Let's see you back that statement up with some facts.

It seems funny how this forum has more patience for Mayfield than it does for Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    It seems funny how this forum has more patience for Mayfield than it does for Jackson.
    You're kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    Kidding about what? Read the thread. Mayfield has been absolutely dreadful this year but for 1 game. Jackson had a bad game in Pittsburgh.

Mayfield 5td-11ints
    Jackson 11td-5ints

But Jackson is who some on the board are still unsure about.

Going from 1 - 31 in 2 back to back seasons, to 7 -8 -1 is a turn around in a positive direction. If you don't recognize that...well, I don't know what to tell you.
    I don’t need you to tell me anything because the standards are so much different between our teams. You think 7-8-1 is worth a ticker tape parade through downtown Cleveland, 7-8-1 here would be calling for heads to roll. I won’t even say our respective teams, because I think your team is the definition of garbage, and I have no respect for them. Yeah I know the Ravens got smoked by them, but sun on a dog’s ass and so forth. I will not show you any personal disrespect here, I’m not really that guy. I really dislike your team though, and I hope that you can develop a thicker skin if you continue posting your drivel here. You’re already back tracking from your comment of Mayfield turned things completely around to it was a step in a positive direction. Of course it was a step in a positive direction, but that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

No offense, but your posts defending your crummy team lack proper perspective and substance. Maybe step it, or at least man up and admit that this thing that they constructed in Cleveland looks like the same old shit. Except for Chubb, he’s pretty great. He can be the new Josh Cribbs. The one flower that grew from the steaming pile of crap. Props to Garrett as well he’s been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I don’t need you to tell me anything because the standards are so much different between our teams. You think 7-8-1 is worth a ticker tape parade through downtown Cleveland, 7-8-1 here would be calling for heads to roll. I won’t even say our respective teams, because I think your team is the definition of garbage, and I have no respect for them. Yeah I know the Ravens got smoked by them, but sun on a dog’s ass and so forth. I will not show you any personal disrespect here, I’m not really that guy. I really dislike your team though, and I hope that you can develop a thicker skin if you continue posting your drivel here. You’re already back tracking from your comment of Mayfield turned things completely around to it was a step in a positive direction. Of course it was a step in a positive direction, but that and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

No offense, but your posts defending your crummy team lack proper perspective and substance. Maybe step it, or at least man up and admit that this thing that they constructed in Cleveland looks like the same old shit. Except for Chubb, he’s pretty great. He can be the new Josh Cribbs. The one flower that grew from the steaming pile of crap. Props to Garrett as well he’s been awesome.
    It's impossible to have a rational conversation with somebody as irrational as you. I said..7 -8-1 was a turn around in a positive direction. You can't deny that being a true statement. I implied that Mayfield was responsible for that turn around. You can't deny the truth of that statement. I don't really give a crap how much you despise the Cleveland Browns. There are plenty of decent, fair and rational posters on this forum, who I engage in respectful conversation with. You, obviously are not one of them. If you consider my responses and postings drivel, why even bother to respond? Just can't resist taking any shot you can?

It's impossible to have a rational conversation with somebody as irrational as you. I said..7 -8-1 was a turn around in a positive direction. You can't deny that being a true statement. I implied that Mayfield was responsible for that turn around. You can't deny the truth of that statement. I don't really give a crap how much you despise the Cleveland Browns. There are plenty of decent, fair and rational posters on this forum, who I engage in respectful conversation with. You, obviously are not one of them. If you consider my responses and postings drivel, why even bother to respond? Just can't resist taking any shot you can?
    I think the point is a "turn around in a positive direction" is not worth all the heaps of praise heaped upon the team. It's not worth all the boasting the fans did all offseason. It's fine to say, we won some games, competed in the division, let's build on it and see what next year brings. It's not fine to say, these guys are going to win the division, these guys are going to make a run at the playoffs, and if you doubt them you're an idiot. I'm not saying you specifically said all of those things, but those things were said to many of us by many people and members of the media. And it was gross. We were the champs. People wrote off our QB. And guess what? Now it's all crashing and burning.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think the point is a "turn around in a positive direction" is not worth all the heaps of praise heaped upon the team. It's not worth all the boasting the fans did all offseason. It's fine to say, we won some games, competed in the division, let's build on it and see what next year brings. It's not fine to say, these guys are going to win the division, these guys are going to make a run at the playoffs, and if you doubt them you're an idiot. I'm not saying you specifically said all of those things, but those things were said to many of us by many people and members of the media. And it was gross. We were the champs. People wrote off our QB. And guess what? Now it's all crashing and burning.
    And I fucking love it. If they fix it, kudos to them. But I will enjoy the Browns "Browning" every chance I get. And special shout out to all the Ravens fans that love Baker's "moxie" and who reveled in saying the Browns will have to be contended with for years to come. You could still be right...but I'll burn that bridge when we get to it, lol.

Blog Entries

Going from 1 - 31 in 2 back to back seasons, to 7 -8 -1 is a turn around in a positive direction. If you (to Desert Raven) don't recognize that...well, I don't know what to tell you.
    Wolf, I do think Mayfield may be the best QB the "new" Browns have had. I also find it puzzling that anyone would compare him to Johnny Manziel. This season is still young, and while I believe the Ravens are the better over-all team, your guys beat us in our own house. It's way too early to label Baker Mayfield at this point, except that he seems to have a pretty decent career ahead of him especially in contrast to the prior QBs the Browns have trotted out.
    I've a wait and see attitude... Bc

Blog Entries

Mayfield definitely played a big role in the Browns having a season last year that was far better than expected. While it’s nearly impossible to be worse than they were the two years prior, it is extremely difficult to make such a jump.

Mayfield is not helping matters right now, but he is not the biggest issue with that team. Lamar is, without question, playing better right now. However, no one here (Including Wolfman) is questioning that.

I just feel like this, if someone is ragging on Mayfield and the Browns for fun, that’s very understandable. If someone is trying to use this start to permanently elevate or bury one or the other, I think that would be very premature, given the Ravens upcoming schedule.

They are about to face a seven game stretch full of much better defenses than Jackson has yet faced. And it’s not something where the teams we’ve played previously came in great and then dropped in rank significantly after playing us. Last season, we faced all five of the worst run defenses in the league, going into those games. Now, we’re about to face three of the top five and every team we play in this seven game stretch has a run defense ranked in the top half of the league.

Lamar is playing well right now, but let’s not pay little mind to who the Browns have faced, if we know that if Lamar struggles coming up, we’ll just lean on his inexperience and the amount of tough defenses we’ll face, as reasons why his struggles should have been expected anyway.

All I’m saying is, be consistent.

Blog Entries

I don't understand why a fan of a divisional rival would want to come here to defend their team anyway? There has got to be better places online to do that.