Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

OT: Baker Mayfield can't throw

Baker Mayfield QB
    GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG YDS/G LNG TD INT SACK SYL QBR RTG
    6 112 198 56.6 1,496 7.6 255.2 89 5 11 16 128 38.2 66.0

Lamar Jackson QB

6 127 195 65.1 1,507 7.7 327.8 83 11 5 16 88 70.3 96.7

Why is the narrative around the NFL that Lamar still he can't throw while conversely Qb's like Baker is getting a pass? With Baker it's always Freddie Kitchens, the OL, he's distracted. Why can't people just admit he isn't a very good qb?

People still put Lamar in the category of a qb who can't throw despite having some of the best passing stats of any of the qb's in his class. Does he make mistakes? Yes. But I'd like to know how a guy like Baker who has been exposed as a one read qb is still viewed as being more poised for future success then Lamar. He is putting up those stats with Odell. With Landry. With Nick Chubb. He's had high end TE play with Jones and Njoku (prior to injury).

Re: OT: Baker Mayfield can't throw

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Baker Mayfield QB
    6 112 198 56.6 1,496 7.6 255.2 89 5 11 16 128 38.2 66.0

Lamar Jackson QB

6 127 195 65.1 1,507 7.7 327.8 83 11 5 16 88 70.3 96.7

Why is the narrative around the NFL that Lamar still he can't throw while conversely Qb's like Baker is getting a pass? With Baker it's always Freddie Kitchens, the OL, he's distracted. Why can't people just admit he isn't a very good qb?

People still put Lamar in the category of a qb who can't throw despite having some of the best passing stats of any of the qb's in his class. Does he make mistakes? Yes. But I'd like to know how a guy like Baker who has been exposed as a one read qb is still viewed as being more poised for future success then Lamar. He is putting up those stats with Odell. With Landry. With Nick Chubb. He's had high end TE play with Jones and Njoku (prior to injury).
    I was reading some site's game recaps yesterday and the one for Cle-Sea blamed Baker's 3rd INT of the game on Hilliard... this was a pass thrown behind Hilliard that he reached back to try and corral, but only ended up tipping it to the DB... but somehow that was not Baker's fault... yet the Lamar pass to Snead where Snead pulled up was used as evidence of Lamar's inaccuracy...

Some will bend over backwards to push a narrative.

Blog Entries

This season BakerMayfield has:

- less Pass TD than Mason Rudolph

- less Pass Yards than Andy Dalton

- lower Comp Pct than Luke Falk

- lower QB Rating than Eli Manning

- most INT in the NFL

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This season BakerMayfield has:

- less Pass TD than Mason Rudolph

- less Pass Yards than Andy Dalton

- lower Comp Pct than Luke Falk

- lower QB Rating than Eli Manning

- most INT in the NFL

He's really leaning into being a Browns QB.

He’s getting into Johnny Manziel territory. One year fluke. The pundits fell in love and want to blame everyone now except Mayfield for how much he stinks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

IMO it's still the ugly impression by some that black QBs (a) aren't smart enough and (b) are too good athletes so should be RBs or WRs. This misconception continues today. Oh, it isn't as apparent as was decades ago, but unfortunately endures to this day. Believe me I'm not one to pull out the "Race Card", but some see LJ fitting the description.
    I think LJ is a superior athlete, but has the right stuff to develop into a first-rate QB with time and development. Keep in mind this very nice, humble 22 year old (23 in January) has guided the Ravens to a 10 - 4 record with his feet and arm. Attached to those two appendages is a good brain and a great smile... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    He’s getting into Johnny Manziel territory. One year fluke. The pundits fell in love and want to blame everyone now except Mayfield for how much he stinks.
    Loved him out of college. Seems much more likely to me that this half-season is the fluke, and Baker will go on to be very very good.

But, fine by me if he utterly implodes and the whole team goes down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Loved him out of college. Seems much more likely to me that this half-season is the fluke, and Baker will go on to be very very good.

But, fine by me if he utterly implodes and the whole team goes down the drain.
    If that happens AFTER the Browns give up on him and he goes to the NFC even better.

He gonna e fine with Trent w

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Being Brownsed as we speak.

Mayfield looks very, very scared. It's one thing to get flustered by a swarming defense, but we barely got any pressure on him at all and he was crumbling in a clean pocket.

I hated him as a prospect and I hate him as a pro too. A unique combination of cowardice and cockiness together at the same time.